The REAL, Untold Story Behind Michael Jordan's "Retirement?" (WOW!!)

I thought the Jordan thing was common knowledge/speculation.

The Magic theory caught me off guard though. Never really considered it. Although I'm sure if he was forced into retirement by the league......they would have picked a better cover story than HIV.

imagine living your whole life with the guilt of your fathers death... no wonder dudes an a hole... no amount of money on the planet can fix that

sad mayne
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by blazinRook

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

They are broadcasting a fairy tale and allowing Michael Jordan to live happily ever after at our expense.
he came back with the wizards, to what was considered a tragedy lol. 
he's back as an owner, which he's considered to be one of the worst lol. 

No fairy tale, if he did his dirt, he paid by retiring. 

the amount of money they posted he lost to gambling...is not even 1% of how much salary he made off endorsements per year.

I don't know what percentage would consider someone to have a problem, but less then 1% is really insignificant to

someone with that much $

(to people making $80k a year, thats like losing $800 in gambling lol)
the comeback they are talking about is the 1st one...they let him back into the game to further cement his legacy

and the whole money argument doesnt really make sense...your using a few instances they have here and yes its peanuts compared to what he made but theres also a bigger picture

1) this is just those people imagine how many others he lost to..not to mention AC/Vegas etc ...look at Antoine Walker...he made what 100mil...of course him playing $500 hands of black jack is no big deal on the micro level but look how he ended up

2) the money wasnt the issue...Jordan had/has the potential to get blank checks from endorsers and what not so he wasnt gonna go broke from gambling...it was about who he was associated with and what could happen...then if he was betting on basketball it would be a even bigger problem...the issue was never oh your gonna go broke...as we see the L doesnt care about that...look at the % of players who go broke during or shortly after their career

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

Where does the article say anything about magic?

^This. Nothing mentioned Magic at all
nerd.gif
. The gambling stuff isn't new news at all. It was always rumored that his father's death had something to do with his bad habits, but we'll never know. For those saying "if it's on the internet, then it's true", please know that these rumors were going around way before the common use of the internet as it is know now, so I wouldn't necessarily go that route. Of course I think there is some truth to this, look at what MJ has done for the NBA while he was playing, and to be quite honest, while there is plenty of great talent playing today, they don't quite have the same cache as MJ did ( I hate to even say that because he is such a **** in real life, but face facts, it's true). What I think people missed in this article is that he, unlike any other superstar in any sport, was actually BIGGER than the sport he played. How many times do you hear people say "________ is the Michael Jordan of ________". That phrase is used, so what does that tell you? I do believe Stern protected his product (the NBA) and it's motor of the product at the time (MJ).So why wouldn't he tell him to chill out until things cool down and then come back. I don't think it was a total conspiracy, but just a perfect storm of things. He was THAT good and yes you could not call certain fouls, but the way he played lent itself to have arguments of favoring him for calls and excitement. It was just enough to piss you off and keep you entertained at the same time. Hell, his legacy stemming from his initial run with the Bulls still lives through the lines people stand on for retros. That gives you an idea of how big he still is.

Originally Posted by beh235

nerd.gif
. The gambling stuff isn't new news at all. It was always rumored that his father's death had something to do with his bad habits, but we'll never know. For those saying "if it's on the internet, then it's true", please know that these rumors were going around way before the common use of the internet as it is know now, so I wouldn't necessarily go that route. Of course I think there is some truth to this, look at what MJ has done for the NBA while he was playing, and to be quite honest, while there is plenty of great talent playing today, they don't quite have the same cache as MJ did ( I hate to even say that because he is such a **** in real life, but face facts, it's true). What I think people missed in this article is that he, unlike any other superstar in any sport, was actually BIGGER than the sport he played. How many times do you hear people say "________ is the Michael Jordan of ________". That phrase is used, so what does that tell you? I do believe Stern protected his product (the NBA) and it's motor of the product at the time (MJ).So why wouldn't he tell him to chill out until things cool down and then come back. I don't think it was a total conspiracy, but just a perfect storm of things. He was THAT good and yes you could not call certain fouls, but the way he played lent itself to have arguments of favoring him for calls and excitement. It was just enough to piss you off and keep you entertained at the same time. Hell, his legacy stemming from his initial run with the Bulls still lives through the lines people stand on for retros. That gives you an idea of how big he still is.

Did you guys read the post or just click on the link??

great read

not the first time i hear this but this article went into detail. MJ hanging with dealers
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

Originally Posted by beh235

nerd.gif

Did you guys read the post or just click on the link??
I actually did both. Read the post and skimmed the link. Did I miss something from the link? I'll look again.

Update: After re-reading Charm's post, he didn't say there was info on Magic, just over the years that's what he's HEARD. So no actual reading info on Magic here folks. And yes, reading IS fundamental
laugh.gif

"they let him back into the game to further CEMENT his legacy"

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah i've heard about the Jordan thing,but i'd be REALLY interested to read up on Magic.

Back
Top Bottom