The RETRO Gaming Thread!

For those with old consoles, is there some sort of adapter y'all use to make the games look good on hdtv's?

Maybe the OP can update the very first post with this information but you'll need an upscaler to convert the 240P images to 480P at the bare minimum. The best 2 are:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marq's OSSC - cheaper than XRGB but only takes in SCART input, component & VGA. Almost lag free design so you only have to deal with the HDTV's input lag. You will have to ensure your consoles have RGB output via SCART (requires modification if they don't natively) and buy separate SCART cables.

XRGB Mini Framemeister - costlier but accepts composite video in, so very easy to get it up and running in minutes with original composite cables (yellow video out). Adds about 1.5 frame of lag on top of the input lag generated by the TV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are other even cheaper alternatives, this video is quite helpful:

Man I made out like a bandit yesterday with a bunch of ps1 and ps2 games.

PS1:
Bushido Blade 2
Command & Conquer "red alert"
Quake 2
Resident Evil 3 "nemesis"
Rising Zan "samurai gunman"
Saga Frontier
Twisted Metal 2
Twisted Metal 3
Wild Arms 2 demo disc
Wu-Tang Shaolin style

PS2:
Resident Evil "dead aim"
Resident Evil "outbreak 2"
Resident Evil 4
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Time Splitters
Time Splitters 2
Zone of the Enders

My man TURBO UNO TURBO UNO you actually playing all these games or frontin' on IG? :tongue: :lol:

For those with old consoles, is there some sort of adapter y'all use to make the games look good on hdtv's?

Maybe the OP can update the very first post with this information but you'll need an upscaler to convert the 240P images to 480P at the bare minimum. The best 2 are:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marq's OSSC - cheaper than XRGB but only takes in SCART input, component & VGA. Almost lag free design so you only have to deal with the HDTV's input lag. You will have to ensure your consoles have RGB output via SCART (requires modification if they don't natively) and buy separate SCART cables.

XRGB Mini Framemeister - costlier but accepts composite video in, so very easy to get it up and running in minutes with original composite cables (yellow video out). Adds about 1.5 frame of lag on top of the input lag generated by the TV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are other even cheaper alternatives, this video is quite helpful:

Thank you, sir.

Will look into it.

My man TURBO UNO TURBO UNO you actually playing all these games or frontin' on IG? :tongue: :lol:

I've played only a few of them when I have time on the weekends. My nephews are the ones who get to enjoy them the most since school is out. I don't have an instagram or Facebook, you guys are the only ones to know about my compulsive behavior :lol:

4600063802b233b681ff1049d42d29f320524819_hq.gif

I've played only a few of them when I have time on the weekends. My nephews are the ones who get to enjoy them the most since school is out. I don't have an instagram or Facebook, you guys are the only ones to know about my compulsive behavior :lol:

Right on man, good to hear that these games are getting some burn.

I had a copy of NBA 2K2 for the Dreamcast come in last night - game is still amazing!

Right on man, good to hear that these games are getting some burn.

I had a copy of NBA 2K2 for the Dreamcast come in last night - game is still amazing!

The funny part is that they have a Ps4 with a bunch of games...but they'd rather plays ps1 & ps2 instead! :lol:

Those older games are still fun, man. I feel the same way about some of the other sports titles as well and the good thing about it is that they're usually inexpensive.

Homie found the N64 w/ Goldeneye the other day. I would smoke anyone back then and to this day in that game, no question, no competition. 

Back
Top Bottom