The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Is a SEGA Genesis worth anything today?

Not much. The games are really what has held value.
I was lucky to get rid of my Genesis system tho cause I kept the og box, wires, convertors, etc.

But the old Turbo Grafx-16...that people were interested in. But I kept all the stuff for that system too.
New owner was happy as heck.

First time finding something at goodwill zelda twightlight princess wii and metroid prime 3 corruption nothing outstanding but it's possible 2$ each

I did along with crash for Xbox at flea market IMG_0445.JPG
def cop Zelda TD

Not much. The games are really what has held value.
I was lucky to get rid of my Genesis system tho cause I kept the og box, wires, convertors, etc.

But the old Turbo Grafx-16...that people were interested in. But I kept all the stuff for that system too.
New owner was happy as heck.

I still have my Genesis with all original games, like Sonic, NBA Jam, & Mortal Kombat.

Is it me or are the older games harder than today's games? I ran some Super Mario Bros 2 and Sonic & Knuckles this weekend. That floating head thing in SMB2 that chases you had me panicking and Flying Battery Zone in S&N was wild. These are considered moderate games too haven't tried Contra or anything in a while. Maybe I just suck haha.

Is it me or are the older games harder than today's games? I ran some Super Mario Bros 2 and Sonic & Knuckles this weekend. That floating head thing in SMB2 that chases you had me panicking and Flying Battery Zone in S&N was wild. These are considered moderate games too haven't tried Contra or anything in a while. Maybe I just suck haha.

Absolutely - with limited specifications..they had to make the games difficult..I'm hearing mega man x is super hard..but I never got into mega man ..will try it once I get SNES Classic..super ghouls and ghosts was like bloodborne LOL..

I'm saying though even the sports games are hard. Had to bust out the manual crossovers on NBA Live lmao

Absolutely - with limited specifications..they had to make the games difficult..I'm hearing mega man x is super hard..but I never got into mega man ..will try it once I get SNES Classic..super ghouls and ghosts was like bloodborne LOL..

I just started playing mega manx again...started with 1 and went through all of them...currently on X6.

1 is tied with 4 for bieng the best..but its suuuuper easy.

6 is by far the hardest but thats due to terrible level design

image.png
so after a little researching I can play shining force 1 and 2 on Sonic's ultimate genesis collection (PS3) gonna order it..here are the games..pretty suped since I only had SNES as a kid..these games look sick

Back
Top Bottom