The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I'll never forget the first time I played Donkey Kong Country. I didn't have Snes but my friend did. The graphics looked amazing at that time. I didn't even know stuff like that was possible.

I remember DKC being the first game that looked 3D to me. Haven't played it in a minute, might have to revisit it.

image.png

So just stumbled upon this thread, but i'm a huge retro video game collector. Any other collectors out there?

Yeah my nephew played donkey kong country on my hacked nes classic and first he said was these graphics probably had everyone amazed, they still look good

Just saw this, but if you have a Genesis 1 with the 'High Definition Graphics' logo above the cartridge slot it might be worth more than the Genesis joints that came after. This version has the best audio.
Ok, I'll take a picture of it when I go to my parents house later this week.

I found my old N64 console yesterday and tried to start that baby up after not touching it for 14 years............yep, that long.

Yall were expecting me to post some nostalgic thoughts in here, right? No, I started up my N64 with a black screen (of death) popping up on my flat screen LED with my Mario 64 cartridge loaded in.

I did the usual cleaning troubleshoots with the Q-Tips cleaning out the cartridges and stuff.......and of course the BLOWING (pause). No bueno, black screen still.

Trying to find a retro gaming store in my area that can diagnose my N64 and see if I need to replace an AV cable or AC adapter or need my thing opened up and completely flushed out.

I never understood why peeps threw away NES/SNES/N64/GB games boxes away.

Homie, I was 7 yrs old back in the day........I didn't know any better :emoji_sob:

I found my old N64 console yesterday and tried to start that baby up after not touching it for 14 years............yep, that long.

Yall were expecting me to post some nostalgic thoughts in here, right? No, I started up my N64 with a black screen (of death) popping up on my flat screen LED with my Mario 64 cartridge loaded in.

I did the usual cleaning troubleshoots with the Q-Tips cleaning out the cartridges and stuff.......and of course the BLOWING (pause). No bueno, black screen still.

Trying to find a retro gaming store in my area that can diagnose my N64 and see if I need to replace an AV cable or AC adapter or need my thing opened up and completely flushed out

Should be easy to find a store..there's so many but I've seen n64s as low as $25

I remember I was sent a VHS tape for Donkey Kong in the mail

Can someone school me on why the Earthbound box was so huge?

Back
Top Bottom