The RETRO Gaming Thread!

If you need a NEW Gamecube Controller AND don't wanna drop $50-$70+ for an deadstock Gamecube Controller, there are now pre-orders available for the new Smash Ultimate Switch Gamecube Controller for $29.99 at all the usual game stores that will be selling Smash Bros. Ultimate (Best Buy, Gamestop, Amazon, etc.).

If your old Gamecube Controller is about to get worn out, now is a good time to put that pre-order in so you can have yourself a BRAND NEW Official Nintendo Gamecube Controller by the end of the year.

Street FIghters:

^^^Don't forget the superior Saturn version. I think that was the closest gameplay and graphically wise (despite the stupid slowdown).
And it was clear they were going to be no frills when they didn't include online options in the other titles or go the breath of options like TS on PS3/360.

It's the first attempt at a comprehensive SF collection. It is what it is.

Now, a KOF collection. That would be money.
I was going to mention the Saturn versions. The PS versions didn't hold a candle to the Saturn editions. System was so solid man.

If you need a NEW Gamecube Controller AND don't wanna drop $50-$70+ for an deadstock Gamecube Controller, there are now pre-orders available for the new Smash Ultimate Switch Gamecube Controller for $29.99 at all the usual game stores that will be selling Smash Bros. Ultimate (Best Buy, Gamestop, Amazon, etc.).

If your old Gamecube Controller is about to get worn out, now is a good time to put that pre-order in so you can have yourself a BRAND NEW Official Nintendo Gamecube Controller by the end of the year.

bigjny88 bigjny88 are they official Nintendo though? They have some aftermarket or Switch logo on them which is puzzling as the USB adapter has the official Nintendo logo.

bigjny88 bigjny88 are they official Nintendo though? They have some aftermarket or Switch logo on them which is puzzling as the USB adapter has the official Nintendo logo.

No, it's definitely this one...........not that PowerA 3rd party trash that was rumored a month ago.

My receipt from Gamestop literally reads "Switch Gamecube Controller" on it. If it was that 3rd party ripoff, it would've said PowerA on it.

nintendo-swtich-gamecube-controller-1115950.jpeg

This is one of my favorite videos showing off the superiority of the Saturn SFA3. Still love my Dreamcast, but can’t lie and say I’m not interested in potentially hunting down some Saturn stuff after I complete this collection.

Isn't that the smash bros logo?

No, it's definitely this one...........not that PowerA 3rd party trash that was rumored a month ago.

My receipt from Gamestop literally reads "Switch Gamecube Controller" on it. If it was that 3rd party ripoff, it would've said PowerA on it.

nintendo-swtich-gamecube-controller-1115950.jpeg

bigjny88 bigjny88 slaughterx slaughterx Thanks for the info guys.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO I would buy these official Nintendo joints any day over the aftermarket trash. $29.99 is a good price for licensed Nintendo product.

bigjny88 bigjny88 slaughterx slaughterx Thanks for the info guys.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO I would buy these official Nintendo joints any day over the aftermarket trash. $29.99 is a good price for licensed Nintendo product.

Literally the best $30 investment for a BRAND NEW Gamecube Controller from Nintendo.................$30 currently will get your a pre-used, refurbished Gamecube Controller with some "worn out" joy sticks here or there. Through this new release, you'll have 2 fresh analog sticks with no signs of use.

They made those for the Wii U game as well I see them sell for $50 occasionally...different logo a bit better imo but same thing

Why can’t Nintendo make new 64 controllers tho

Why can’t Nintendo make new 64 controllers tho

Did you remember the backlash the 64 controllers got back in the day? Hell, do you know the criticism that the 64 controllers still receive TODAY from any random gamer off the street?

Granted if the N64 Classic mini is confirmed for this year, you may get your wish.

This is one of my favorite videos showing off the superiority of the Saturn SFA3. Still love my Dreamcast, but can’t lie and say I’m not interested in potentially hunting down some Saturn stuff after I complete this collection.

I have Alpha 1 and 2 on Saturn, never got the Saturn Alpha 3 version. I think I was done with Street FIghter (or Saturn) because it took me a while to even found out there was a Saturn Version.

I remember there being an SNES version too LOL

bigjny88 bigjny88 As someone that played and enjoyed N64 quite extensively I personally felt that the controller was innovative and worked extremely well for that particular timeframe. My bro and I fire up the N64 and have no issues with it even after using the XBox 360 controller for years.

That said controllers have evolved significantly so if you took a random 'gamer' off the street I could see them having problems. This is one of those cases where you have to look at it as a 'pioneer' of the analog control stick for consoles and accept its odd handling setup.

bigjny88 bigjny88 As someone that played and enjoyed N64 quite extensively I personally felt that the controller was innovative and worked extremely well for that particular timeframe. My bro and I fire up the N64 and have no issues with it even after using the XBox 360 controller for years.

That said controllers have evolved significantly so if you took a random 'gamer' off the street I could see them having problems. This is one of those cases where you have to look at it as a 'pioneer' of the analog control stick for consoles and accept its odd handling setup.

To me, I can't play a N64 game...........without a N64 controller. So I'm with you guys in some extent, and I've been playing a couple of N64 games on the Wii's Virtual Console with a Gamecube Controller. There were improvement in some areas with a GCN controller on a N64 game.......but it still didn't feel right. Flicking the C-stick on a GCN controller to change camera angles in Mario 64 didn't feel right as hitting the "Right C-button" on a N64 controller.

That being said, I have to remember to prepare my thumbs to be abused on the N64 analog stick..............the cushioning of modern-day (and Gamecube controller) analog sticks have made it hard to get use to that N64 analog stick. Thumb caluses for days LOL

Dreamcast triggers were garbage. Hated shooting FT's on NBA 2K with them. Controller didn't fit well in the hands

N64's games were made FOR the controllers. Excellent controller. It took me a while to get used to the analog stick, but looking back it was very innovative.

I disagree I like the Dreamcast controller, the triggers and joystick are nice and springy and fits in my hands perfectly, along with the vmu to look at.

The VMU was dope but that bare plastic joystick, skinny back and unremarkable triggers arent. I had no problems when I was younger, I love the Dreamcast but going back to play with that controller now, no bueno.

Nowadays I just emulate and use a wavebird or Xbox controller.

The VMU was dope but that bare plastic joystick, skinny back and unremarkable triggers arent. I had no problems when I was younger, I love the Dreamcast but going back to play with that controller now, no bueno.

Nowadays I just emulate and use a wavebird or Xbox controller.

So you're basically saying that game controllers have steadily evolved over time...

The N64 controller was good for shooters and 3D games in general but awful for most other games, like 2D fighters. The 64 actually would have been perfect for porting over all the old 2D fighters since it was cart based and had added RAM, but no one ever bothered making a decent 6 button pad or arcade stick for the system. Also Sega = arcade dominance in this era.

I have Alpha 1 and 2 on Saturn, never got the Saturn Alpha 3 version. I think I was done with Street FIghter (or Saturn) because it took me a while to even found out there was a Saturn Version.

I remember there being an SNES version too LOL

There is no SNES version of Alpha 3. The Saturn version is import only and pretty expensive.

Back
Top Bottom