The RETRO Gaming Thread!

TURBO UNO, I would buy these official Nintendo joints any day over the aftermarket trash. $29.99 is a good price for licensed Nintendo product.

Ah I see. I must just be getting cheaper with all the thrift store shopping :lol::blush:. I find GameCube controllers once in a while for $5 and in great condition. Shoot, I picked up both my GC consoles for $15 complete with games so you can imagine how $30 for 1 controller makes me feel.

So you're basically saying that game controllers have steadily evolved over time...

Of course they have but I still enjoy using NES, SNES, Genesis controllers. When it comes to Dreamcast Id much rather use a different controller.

What is everyone's favorite controller?

41ZMHHMSJAL._SX425_.jpg

41rJES0S8AL.jpg

Ah I see. I must just be getting cheaper with all the thrift store shopping :lol::blush:. I find GameCube controllers once in a while for $5 and in great condition. Shoot, I picked up both my GC consoles for $15 complete with games so you can imagine how $30 for 1 controller makes me feel.

Lol TURBO UNO TURBO UNO if you've got 4 OG controllers laying around you're good then. I think the bigger challenge is finding 4 siblings/friends/relatives around to have a gaming session with as you get older... :ohwell:

You guys really like that reverse analog controller huh? I like PlayStation’s balance a little more. Xbox is the successor to the Dreamcast controller and even game wise on a few before everything started coming out for every console, but I just can’t find myself ever converting.

Worst part about the 64 controller was the joystick durability. Mario party cut your n64 controller’s life expectancy in half

Where would be the best place to preorder the smash controllers?

In-store AND NOT with Amazon (even with Prime)..............Amazon's pre-order history with video game hardware/software is pretty ****, and you'll be regretting it on release day when everyone else is playing the game on Day 1 while you're sitting there waiting for your Smash controller (or Smash game itself) to be coming in 10 days later :smh:

You guys really like that reverse analog controller huh? I like PlayStation’s balance a little more. Xbox is the successor to the Dreamcast controller and even game wise on a few before everything started coming out for every console, but I just can’t find myself ever converting.

I have more issue with the Xbox game catalogue more than the actual controller..........the 360 controller is one of the best IMO.

But if the 360 never came into existence, outside of those 3 Nintendo controllers, I'd have to pick PS2's Dualshock 2 as the best non-Nintendo controller. I mean I own a PS4 with their Dualshock 4............BUT quality-wise, the Dualshock 2 from the PS2 is on another level.

Last edited:
Worst part about the 64 controller was the joystick durability. Mario party cut your n64 controller’s life expectancy in half

Actually I think that game and possibly Super Smash did the analog stick in. Gotta buy OGs from sellers that don't have either of those two games for sale too. :lol:

I think it's from buying "lots" on ebay back in the day... people who didn't know any better would sell their entire collections for a hundred or two, many times it would include rare games like 3rd Strike or Project Justice, etc, so it would would out in my benefit. I remember getting a really awesome Saturn bundle back in the day for a few hundred bucks that included Panzer Dragoon Saga and a bunch of other rare games, dude could have easily made twice as much if he had listed everything separately.

Lol TURBO UNO TURBO UNO if you've got 4 OG controllers laying around you're good then. I think the bigger challenge is finding 4 siblings/friends/relatives around to have a gaming session with as you get older... :ohwell:

I have 4 of them so yeah, no problem. I have two little nephews and my brother too so we'll have to do that soon. It's been nice lately so we've been out on bicycles instead of indoors.

My local store got a stash of ps1 games but all the discs are missing. Someone came it at stole them. However, they didn't see a complete copy of "New Super Mario Bros." For the Wii. Copped on site!

What is everyone's favorite controller?

No clear favourite my bro. I'm in my 30s and I played on all the hardware right from the Atari 2600. I do appreciate the natural evolution of the controllers and I think it would take away from the experience using a modern controller on the old systems.

I did put an 'ish tonne of hours on:

untitled3of3-042315.jpg

61Zsws2cF6L._SX425_.jpg

41LOtUcyJeL.jpg

411n9YZhG9L._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
Really kicking around the idea of getting a Switch. Haven’t played anything Nintendo since Smash Bros on the Wii U. Been having a craving to play some Nintender.

People keep whining that Bayonetta is disrespectfully OP in Smash 4 (and possibly Smash 5 if she isn't nerfed by December's release), but people forget the original OP character with the "disrespectful" Smash move of all time...............The Capt.

Falcon Punch away

Back
Top Bottom