The RETRO Gaming Thread!

:smokin:smokin

Damn made me realize I forgot how much I used to play both of these back in the day

Now I just gotta figure out which ninja turtles game I used to play
jefimus_prime_s_top_10_tmnt_games_by_jefimusprime_dd5islm-pre.jpg

What's the deal with used n64 games? Are there a lot of "aftermarket" carts out there?

mangudai954 mangudai954 Tons of 'em my G. Especially some of the highly sought after games (like Conker's Fur Day). If a cart looks brand spanking new be extremely careful. Might make sense to buy games that show their age (discoloration, peeling stickers). Although some snakes may go to the trouble of putting a fake game in a banged up shell.

VPW 2 came after WM2K and is amazing. I think VPW 1 was in between WCW Revenge and WM2K so gameplay and presentation might be somewhere in between.

:lol:

I owned both. VPW64 is my favorite N64 wrestling game.

I was just asking Mark if he bought it just to buy it or if he was actually a fan of the games.

VPW64 = World Tour. Same game, one for Japan, one for AMerica
VPW2 = In between WM2K and No Mercy

F8F794F8-D6C3-4DEF-9935-A5722B6BCA88.jpeg
Cool thing I found on Twitter. Happy Birthday Dreamcast! Also happens to be my wedding anniversary. I swear I didn’t do it on purpose, but the way God worked it out, it happened. Not a problem sharing the date with my favorite console ever made. Switch is catching up though.

Has anyone figured out how to replace a Dreamcast's CD drive?

mangudai954 mangudai954 Tons of 'em my G. Especially some of the highly sought after games (like Conker's Fur Day). If a cart looks brand spanking new be extremely careful. Might make sense to buy games that show their age (discoloration, peeling stickers). Although some snakes may go to the trouble of putting a fake game in a banged up shell.

Damn that's exactly what I was looking at too. I was surprised how cheap many of them were. Now I know why.

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out how to replace a Dreamcast's CD drive?

Damn that's exactly what I was looking at too. I was surprised how cheap many of them were. Now I know why.

mangudai954 mangudai954 With the DC you might want to find a replacement unit and swap out the entire drive unit. The DC is highly modular.

On the N64 carts I would try to find a local retro shop or thrift store, if you really want to be safe you can get a Nintendo security bit set from eBay or Amazon and open the carts.

:lol:

I owned both. VPW64 is my favorite N64 wrestling game.

I was just asking Mark if he bought it just to buy it or if he was actually a fan of the games.

VPW64 = World Tour. Same game, one for Japan, one for AMerica
VPW2 = In between WM2K and No Mercy

If translations weren't a problem DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican I would take VPW2 over NM. Right now I have WM2K and VPW2 at a tie.

Back
Top Bottom