The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I don't think you guys are remembering correctly. I owned both versions. The SNES version was terrible. It was slow as HELL. The SNES is my favorite all-time system but there is no way that MK1 on SNES is better than Genesis.

Everything you did had severe lag-time and just sucked. It looked and sounded great though. But, I couldn't even bring myself to play it, that was literally $60 down the drain for me.

Blood was overrated, I didn't care for it.

I had the Sega Genesis but never had the Super Nofriendo. Had OG NES.

Never played much MK but the SNES Street Fighter II was superior to the Sega Genesis
and it released a year earlier without championship edition attributes. The SNES version
was impressively close to the arcade.

My only issues with the SNES Versions of SF2 and SF2 Turbo were some modified animations (retreat walk) and modified voices when compared to the Arcade version.

SNES had high sound quality of Genesisbut Genesis kept true to the Arcade Sounds.

The Hadouken is a prime example.

The play control on the Genesis version was difficult;
with or without the 6 button. And the graphics looked bad, dark & crammed together on screen.

Releasing a year late and leaving much to be desired - It was a disappointment.
The game may have been pricey too...so one had to buy a couple 6 buttons & an expensive
game that looked inferior...if they got the Genesis version.

Also - by the time it released on Sega - the game itself was getting played out.
They dropped the ball on that one. Although Capcom seemed hand-in-hand with Nintendo at the time
so it was difficult for Sega to even get it out I imagine.

few thrift pickups

got the 3ds/ Lite 50% off since they didn't come with a charger.

3ds works ! not sure about the lite. Need to cop a charger

WAhXUeI8.jpg

nv1GDKzi.jpg

Qg_QIVvj.jpg

x5PmCgzR.jpg

F13SWJsg.jpg

Found Yellow & 2 more controllers

Dope bro, atomic purple is my controller of choice for N64 as it’s the one I grew up using and got from our local game store, still have it.
We have Savers in my area which is the same as Value Village, I’ve rescued so much retro stuff (XBOX + controllers, silver GameCube + clear purple controller, pink DS Lite, like 2 white Wii’s and 2 black, bunch of games). It closed temporarily the other day, so won’t be going for a while.

Dope bro, atomic purple is my controller of choice for N64 as it’s the one I grew up using and got from our local game store, still have it.
We have Savers in my area which is the same as Value Village, I’ve rescued so much retro stuff (XBOX + controllers, silver GameCube + clear purple controller, pink DS Lite, like 2 white Wii’s and 2 black, bunch of games). It closed temporarily the other day, so won’t be going for a while.

yeah all my local spots are closing early :frown:

Back
Top Bottom