The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I just realized I have a second GameCube console. Might have to sell it since I’m cool with the purple one. I could use that money and put it towards some games I really wanted instead.

200.gif

I just realized I have a second GameCube console. Might have to sell it since I’m cool with the purple one. I could use that money and put it towards some games I really wanted instead.
how much? And do you have NBA street volume 2 and NFL street 2?

I'ma suggest you keep that bro.. that laser/motor could die out any minute (unless you know how to replace that part, it's about 15-20 bux). I had a black Gamecube I found at a yard sale about 10 years ago, used it here and there for mostly the Gameboy player, Wind Waker, Soul Calibur, and it recently crapped out on me. At first I thought my disc might be bad but nope, it would only load any disc like 1 out of 10 times. Tried air dusting and wiping the lens with a microfiber cloth but it only helped temporarily. Luckily, I found a silver one at Savers and now it's my replacement. Similar thing happened to my Dreamcast (which I actually got at the same yard sale) but I don't have a replacement for that yet.

For what it's worth, I try to cop a backup system if I see it for the low... I got a bunch of Wiis :lol: :smh: (black and white) in case something happens. They're all Gamecube compatible.

Last edited:
I'ma suggest you keep that bro.. that laser/motor could die out any minute (unless you know how to replace that part, it's about 15-20 bux). I had a black Gamecube I found at a yard sale about 10 years ago, used it here and there for mostly the Gameboy player, Wind Waker, Soul Calibur, and it recently crapped out on me. At first I thought my disc might be bad but nope, it would only load any disc like 1 out of 10 times. Tried air dusting and wiping the lens with a microfiber cloth but it only helped temporarily. Luckily, I found a silver one at Savers and now it's my replacement. Similar thing happened to my Dreamcast (which I actually got at the same yard sale) but I don't have a replacement for that yet.

For what it's worth, I try to cop a backup system if I see it for the low... I got a bunch of Wiis :lol: :smh: (black and white) in case something happens. They're all Gamecube compatible.
You're right, I didn’t realize how old these systems are now. I think I’m going to keep it since I don’t run into GameCube consoles that often, tons of Wii but gamecubes are scarce in my area. Plus, I don’t know when I’ll get a replacement as all the thrift stores are down for the moment. Thanks dude :emoji_thumbsup:

kingfoamnyc kingfoamnyc , sorry man but I think I’ll be keeping it. However, I’ll pick one up if I come across one in the future. The thrift stores have to open sometime.

picked up a indigo GameCube on eBay for $20, seller stated it won’t read discs which I don’t care to much about as I want it more for display purposes and I have a Wii that I can use as a player.

I’m still gonna try and get it working. I seen some YouTube videos explaining several things that might be the issue and a simple fix.

picked up a indigo GameCube on eBay for $20, seller stated it won’t read discs which I don’t care to much about as I want it more for display purposes and I have a Wii that I can use as a player.

I’m still gonna try and get it working. I seen some YouTube videos explaining several things that might be the issue and a simple fix.

Keep us updated on this.

Man.... had these three plus the Team USA version that was also the exact same thing :lol:
I believe Mike was on all four versions
The signature moves :pimp:
But the speed of the game OMG :sick:

RyGuy45 RyGuy45 on the subject of game speed, my brother and I fired up Road Rash 3 on the Sega Genesis for some split screen action a year or two ago - original hardware and cartridge with an OSSC upscaler. We used to play that game for hours on end as kids.

Cot damn though, I've had PowerPoint presentations at work that have moved at a faster frame rate. We were both wondering how we played that 'ish. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Damn. Hooked up my Atari 2600 jr and it looked like the signal is going off/on. I think the soldering on the contact points are loose, either the power or the RF signal section.

Super Street Fighter 2 - created my love and appreciation of fighting games. I traveled the world through that game as a World Warrior. My imagination begun to really take off here. As some of y’all know from a post some pages back, this is a game I purchased recently after getting it stolen when I was 6 years old.

Pokémon Blue - I had Zelda on SNES and Gameboy, but I didn’t really care about my Gameboy until this game. When my dad gave me this for Christmas I believe (Could’ve been birthday, it was 20 something years ago and I have a late bday) I was the happiest kid in America. I was using every battery in the house, sitting next to a night light at night to play. I used only a Blastoise on my first play through (going through the dark dungeon just walking, no flash lmaooo) until I tried saving and the battery died during the save, deleting my data. Man I was so devastated. I had gotten through the first 4 or 5 badges. I didn’t have cut or whatever to get to Koga/Sabrina. On my second go, I finally learned to catch them all and build a team lol.

Grand Theft Auto 3 - Opened my mind to creative freedom that can come from gaming. Never saw anything like it in 2001. I was all hyped to play MGS2, until I touched this. Open world/sandbox was not something at this time. I still can navigate Liberty City’s 3 islands. And of course I remember the codes for this game the way my big homies know the Konami Code.

Soul Calibur 2 - spent my first week of high school coming home to playing this game with my older brothers in 2003. I had borrowed Soul Edge on PS1 from my friend for years prior to that game and finally beat it in the spring prior to that. I finally purchased Soul Edge for myself a year or two back and I think I posted it in here.

Wii Sports - Opened my mind to the possibilities of the Wii and what felt like the future of gaming. Got me some play too with the females coming through because I got it release day thanks to my brother working at GameStop at the time.

Honorable Mentions -
Smash Melee: I played this just about every day of 7th and 8th grade with my cousins. Literally met one of my cousins that way because he had just moved to the states and was living in the basement before his enrollment at school.

Final Fanstasy VII - I didn’t have a PlayStation until 2000, so I had to watch tapes of my brother’s friend play through that game. Game was revolutionary for 3D gaming. 2 words: Gold Saucer.

Thanks for the post/question, DC. Took me on a quick trip down memory lane for this 30 year old.

Back
Top Bottom