The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I FIXED MY ATARI !!!!! YEAAAAAHH!!!
1590016573067.gif

Turns out it had soldering missing on the contact points for the RF signal. I added some and fixed the problem. I tested all my games and only one (Zaxxon) seems to fail. I’ll have to take the Atari apart one more time to clean out the cartridge slot with a toothbrush/rubbing alcohol and blow it out with some compressed air. Hopefully that fixes everything.

Edit: Took that Zaxxon cart apart and polished the contact points, works great now. I’m now looking into getting the 2600jr modded for composite or possibly S-video.

Last edited:
Had a question for anyone who has the SNS 101..
When I plug it into the Kill a Watt, it shows the wattage goes up, meaning that it has to be at least getting power from the system to the wall I assume, but I get nothing on the screen. How would I go about knowing if the system is no good?

Had a question for anyone who has the SNS 101..
When I plug it into the Kill a Watt, it shows the wattage goes up, meaning that it has to be at least getting power from the system to the wall I assume, but I get nothing on the screen. How would I go about knowing if the system is no good?

That’s usually a bad “pico” fuse. They’re about $5 on eBay. You can look up YouTube videos to show you where it is. It’s as simple as heating up the contact points (one on each end) and putting the new fuse on by adding some solder. Just make sure to cut the leads to proper length. Also, you might want to test your snes ac adaptor as they’re old now and might not give your system the proper power.

The wife just told me her favorite console of all time is N64. I’ve been wanting to get one again for awhile and her birthday is coming up...

No Mercy, here I come.

datboi81 datboi81 just a heads up my G, you will need an upscaler if you're not going to plug the N64 into a CRT TV.

N64 visuals are one big, blurry mess if you plug it straight into your HDTV.

Best price and ease of use - https://www.retrotink.com/product-page/retrotink-2x

More expensive but with more features - https://www.retrotink.com/product-page/retrotink-2x-pro

Most expensive but more than just a line doubler like the above, recommended for power users - https://videogameperfection.com/products/open-source-scan-converter/

As someone who played a ton of WM2000 and No Mercy back in the day, I strangely prefer WM2K. The game runs and plays a lot smoother (when there are 3-4 players on screen).

So that Turbo mini officially releases stateside tomorrow, 5/22? :nerd:

Since the US version also has the most of the PC-Engine games as well, and Bonk 1 is
the same for US & Japanese (with exception of language) - the Turbo mini
does have Bonk 1 (Japanese version) & 2.

It also has decent versions of Ghouls N Ghosts & Ninja Gaiden!
And the cd Castlevania game Rondo of Blood.

But 5 of my go-to games for that system are not on the mini:

Bloody Wolf
Keith Courage
Legendary Axe
Legendary Axe II
World Court Tennis

...and some other favorites as well are missing.

therefore I will be passing on yet another retro mini system

but if i still played video games like a lot of yall - i would cop the Turbo mini
...might be surprised at how good some of the games are

Who else in here had a TurboGrafx-16 back in the day?

Since the US version also has the most of the PC-Engine games as well, and Bonk 1 is

Bloody Wolf
Keith Courage
Legendary Axe
Legendary Axe II
World Court Tennis

but if i still played video games like a lot of yall - i would cop the Turbo mini

I had a Turbo Grafx 16 back in the day. Picked it up at a yard sale for like $10 It came with bomberman. Only game I ever owned for the system. I should’ve never got rid of it. They are so hard to come by and expensive now.... SMH

Bloody Wolf
Keith Courage
Legendary Axe
Legendary Axe II
World Court Tennis

Had one with Keith Courage and Bonk's Adventure back in the day. Loved them weird *** games. Probably gonna cop the mini, been wanting to play Rondo of Blood especially and a few other joints on there.

At that point I was listening to my parents music from
the '50's - early '60's. Had some compilations and classic
stuff like Chuck Berry, Ritchie Valens, Elvis, Eddie Cochrane, The Everly Brothers,
early Beach Boys, Jan & Dean - all that stuff.

I remember it was strangely satisfying to jam the 8 track carts into
and rip out of the player.

That’s pretty cool being able to experience older tech. I wonder if this is how some retro gamers feel about the consoles we grew up on.

I’ve never seen an 8-track player up close, fam never owned one but my childhood player of choice was the fisher price record player. I used to get hand me down record story books. He-Man, Disney, Spider Man...etc.

Back
Top Bottom