The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I’ve gotten comfortable opening those old televisions up and cleaning the insides with a toothbrush and air compressing all the dirt/dust away. I haven’t needed to swap in new capacitors yet.

I’ve gotten comfortable opening those old televisions up and cleaning the insides with a toothbrush and air compressing all the dirt/dust away. I haven’t needed to swap in new capacitors yet.
Do those same capacitors still exist? My last soldering work was 9 years ago. and I'm pretty stoked with the advancement there is with new soldering tools and method since I am pretty oldskool.

Do those same capacitors still exist? My last soldering work was 9 years ago. and I'm pretty stoked with the advancement there is with new soldering tools and method since I am pretty oldskool.

Been watching lots of repair vids and it seems they’re smaller now but produce the same results with much more longevity :emoji_thumbsup:

Last edited:
I was nowhere near interested in Xbox due to being a PS1/PS2 fanboy, lol. I’ve got one now and it’s pretty cool play. It helps me that the thrift stores sell the games for $2-$4 and are easily available.

Edit: Forgot to mention I picked up an in box Wii bowling ball accessory with AMF world lanes game still sealed. Shoot, I opened up the ball and it had an og Wii remote inside the previous owner forget to take out, lol. Not bad for $4.50
1668580613136.jpeg

Get my Al Bundy on in the living room
1668581458648.jpeg

Last edited:
Get you a OG Xbox with all the EA Big games as well as NBA/NFL 2K5

Plus the first party classics you'll never play anything else 🤣

Cool. Is nostalgia one of them? I have that going on for the older 80s consoles I’ve yet to pick up. Got games for them ready once I cop.
I have all the old systems covered, just impatiently waiting to pull the trigger on a NEO Geo. 2 NES, Genesis, Dreamcast, N64, Super NES, also the mini Super NES from a few years back. Xbox, 360, One. PS2, 3, 4, 5. Never picked up a PS1.

I have all the old systems covered, just impatiently waiting to pull the trigger on a NEO Geo. 2 NES, Genesis, Dreamcast, N64, Super NES, also the mini Super NES from a few years back. Xbox, 360, One. PS2, 3, 4, 5. Never picked up a PS1.
That’s a good size collection of consoles. I’m still trying to get a Colecovision, Atari 5200 and a Sega Master System. They’re about $100-$130 each used but I’m always looking for them at the thrift stores trying to catch a deal.

You should get a PS1 since they’re still inexpensive. I have the “slim” version but I’d much rather have the og style one for the aesthetic reason.

Last edited:
That’s a good size collection of consoles. I’m still trying to get a Colecovision, Atari 5200 and a Sega Master System. They’re about $100-$130 each used but I’m always looking for them at the thrift stores.

You should get a PS1 since they’re still inexpensive. I have the “slim” version but I’d much rather have the og style one for the aesthetic reason.

I def plan on grabbing a PSX with the built in screen next year

Back
Top Bottom