The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Killer Instinct Arcade?

Primal Rage (terrible game) Arcade?

Darkstalkers?

Virtua Fighters 2?

Daytona USA?

Ridge Racer 1 or 2?

Lol
Primal Rage was horrible. nothing but beat em up, button mashing mess.
atleast Virtua Fighter 2 was more strategical and had some note-worthy special moves. my man Akira was a knock-off of Ryu and Kage-Maru was that of Ryu Hayabusha. 2 Ryus. :rofl:

Last edited:
That’s a good size collection of consoles. I’m still trying to get a Colecovision, Atari 5200 and a Sega Master System. They’re about $100-$130 each used but I’m always looking for them at the thrift stores trying to catch a deal.

You should get a PS1 since they’re still inexpensive. I have the “slim” version but I’d much rather have the og style one for the aesthetic reason.

8-Bit Atari 800XL/600XL!!!!!!!!

That’s a good size collection of consoles. I’m still trying to get a Colecovision, Atari 5200 and a Sega Master System. They’re about $100-$130 each used but I’m always looking for them at the thrift stores trying to catch a deal.

You should get a PS1 since they’re still inexpensive. I have the “slim” version but I’d much rather have the og style one for the aesthetic reason.
I've been debating the PS1 because I never played games on it, so I don't know what to pick up. I was anti-Playstation back then and locked in with my flag for Dreamcast. Remember seeing the space-based game at Electronic Boutique in the mall.

Primal Rage was horrible. nothing but beat em up, button mashing mess.
atleast Virtua Fighter 2 was more strategical and had some note-worthy special moves. my man Akira was a knock-off of Ryu and Kage-Maru was that of Ryu Hayabusha. 2 Ryus. :rofl:
Just talking graphics.

If we talking gameplay, Yoshi Story came and ish on DKC a year later.

And game play wise…ST gets so much love now. Back then, it didn’t. Everyone wanted the new ish.

played this one earlier this year. the graphics were nice although the controls were iffy and sometimes confusing or unresponsive. not sure if that was the setting but it does affect the gaming experience and pretty much unplayable on the 3D0 system that I tried it on. could be a defective unit as well.

Attachments

• DhWy2VSXUAEIbWn.jpg
    DhWy2VSXUAEIbWn.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 184
  • 3DO-FZ1-Console-Set.jpg
    3DO-FZ1-Console-Set.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 211
I've been debating the PS1 because I never played games on it, so I don't know what to pick up. I was anti-Playstation back then and locked in with my flag for Dreamcast. Remember seeing the space-based game at Electronic Boutique in the mall.

Check out some top ten or beginners list games on YouTube. I’ve done that with systems before I bought them :emoji_thumbsup:

Check out some top ten or beginners list games on YouTube. I’ve done that with systems before I bought them :emoji_thumbsup:
Problem is I already have a backlog on PS5 games, got Elden Ring on release, and still haven't started it. LOL. Might lock in with a bottle of bourbon and play nonstop during holiday time off.

PS One?

RE2
MGS
Wipeout XL
Tekken 3
SFA3
FF7
Grab Turismo 2
SoTN
Tomb Raider
Silent Hill

It’s wild how mid this generation has been compared to PS One, PS Two, Prime PS3, PS4.

Original titles just don’t happen anymore. People complain about Hollywood being all sequels and rehashes but it’s even worse in gaming. Not to say good games don’t come out

There are some indie studios definitely putting out good stuff but nothing that’s a big AAA release

Lol besides Tomb Raider, Silent Hill, and RE most of those titles were sequels.

Just feels like we haven’t started this generation.

But I agree there was definitely more risk taking.

Namco had arcade. On PS, they had Klonoa, Ridge Racer, Ace Combat, Mr Driller, Tekken, Soul Calibur/Soul Edge and their RPGs.

Konami. RIP (they literally had two of the best PSOne games and other high lights like Silent Hill, Suikoden, Vandal Hearts, their B Ball series, etc).

Lol besides Tomb Raider, Silent Hill, and RE most of those titles were sequels.

Just feels like we haven’t started this generation.

But I agree there was definitely more risk taking.

Namco had arcade. On PS, they had Klonoa, Ridge Racer, Ace Combat, Mr Driller, Tekken, Soul Calibur/Soul Edge and their RPGs.

Konami. RIP (they literally had two of the best PSOne games and other high lights like Silent Hill, Suikoden, Vandal Hearts, their B Ball series, etc).
I believe the issue is that those companies that made those great games on the PS1s have been bought out by bigger studios thus losing the creative department and just make sequels or rehash for quick, easy and cheap cash grabs.

Kind of wack they just blanket things instead of get specific and select the definitive experience.

Example. Ridge Racer series. Parts one and two were inspired by the arcade but had the least replay ability/variety. Part three was their first attempt at addressing those issues and being primarily built for the PS One (and ignoring Arcade Rave Racer). Part Four is probably the best entry and the maturation of the work they started in Part Three (plus it wasn’t as ridiculously difficult).

Wipeout XL is probably the best in the series.

Folks acting like everyone has time to play an entire series lol.

Not a retro item but I found and took home a PS5 box with manuals inside. Sure, it’s not retro yet but it will be by the time I actually buy one used 10 years from now :lol: I’m always thinking ahead.

Anyways, I forgot to post this cool Pac-Man t shirt I found at Marshall’s for $7.99
0E268F04-2B9C-4BA2-8524-1AFCCD1F20AD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom