The RETRO Gaming Thread!

LOL. Armored Core games were great. The early ones especially.

You know what's a great mech/vs style game? Gundam VS, man that stuff is crack.

View media item 979486
This was my first RPG and my first Final Fantasy so I consider it my favorite

View media item 979493
Another RPG classic iMO.

this man knows. chrono cross is my ****. ff9 was really fun too, never finished it tho.same with 7.

nothing beats this. one of my fav games of all time.

6054-hrgtbcntym.jpg

ps4 will be copped once 3 drops.

*idk if this is considered retro but ps2 is pretty far back...time flies :smh:

That boy Lloyd
pimp.gif

I had that game back when I was in 5th grade. Loved it so much but I traded it
indifferent.gif
I also traded in most of my games from that era...before you could legally work you had to move and shake to get vidya game $$$
laugh.gif

Anybody played tales of symphonia(sp) I had it on game cube but dont remember how good it was.
Yeah I played it and it was good. Just too damn long. Remember me and my boys save file got crupted on the second disk. Told him I'll never play that game again.

I want to replace my slim PS2 with this blue shell, but I can't find it anywhere. I found one place that was out of stock that only has purple, orange, and red left.

1d767962_T2eC16VykE9s7tw3KtBQ55KisOOg60_1.jpeg

a9f293db_KGrHqFrMFDILqhLbPBQ55KzieVQ60_1.jpeg

LOL. Armored Core games were great. The early ones especially.

You know what's a great mech/vs style game? Gundam VS, man that stuff is crack.

Armored Core used to piss me off man. :lol:

Zone of The Enders was ill too.

And Virtual On(sp) for I think Dreamcast? That was dope too.

Last edited:
Are we at the point where Playstation 1/2 games are considered retro?

IMO nes and below are retro for the simple fact that they were doing so much with so little. You still had to use your imagination while playing the games :lol:

Just my thought

this man knows. chrono cross is my ****. ff9 was really fun too, never finished it tho.same with 7.

nothing beats this. one of my fav games of all time.

6054-hrgtbcntym.jpg

ps4 will be copped once 3 drops.

*idk if this is considered retro but ps2 is pretty far back...time flies :smh:
My man, I have life changing news if you think this is a PS exclusive still--its not.
I was debating forever between XB1 and Ps4 simply due to wanting PS4 for KH3.
Heard that KH3 is going to be multi-platform now and it was a wrap. Copped XB1.

Also, I have someone from NT on my IG and they posted a pic of some type of game console that plays all kinds of old console games like NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. all in one. Any ideas what that device was called?

The PS1 first came out 20 years ago. It's older than the children who play Call of Duty online shouting obscenities at you. The PS2 came out 14 years ago. It's about as old as the children who play Call of Duty online shouting obscenities at you.

I would consider them retro.

IMO nes and below are retro for the simple fact that they were doing so much with so little. You still had to use your imagination while playing the games :lol:

Just my thought

Sounds about right, though I'd include SNES and Genesis era retro as well. I'd say retro era would be cartridges based consoles and modern era would begin with disc-based systems. N64 is in that grey area because it was a cartridge-based system competing with disc-based.

Idk... like if you consider PS2 retro then you have to consider something like GTA 3 a retro game, and that just doesn't seem right.

It's all perspective. The guidelines I've set in the OP is the PS2 generation and earlier is fair game and to be considered 'retro' in this thread.

One of my grails...

Found it in New York a few years ago. Bought a clear protective box for it. Great game. Goes for way too much than it should on eBay still considering it's out on Wii U's VC.

i understand mint condition NES games are thru the roof on ebay...idk if that still happens anymore tho :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom