The RETRO Gaming Thread!

What's does Sega Genesis model 1 and model 2 look like? Different looking box?

I'm going to buy a Sega Genesis but I want to get a model 1 by the recent replies in here..

Different design
Model 1
P1000795.jpg

Model 2
gedc0847.jpg

Model 3
Genesis3.png

BTW, how you dunno the Genesis models lol

I remember buying a model 3 for like $20 at toys r us back in the day.. had snes early on but always wanted a genesis

Certain early 'Fat' PS3s had the PS2 chips in 'em and they upscaled the games to HD resolutions. Later revisions of the PS3 including the 'Fat' models go with some type of software emulation which reduces overall compatibility.

think I have the first one stated

I played all types of ps2 and ps1 games on it

i do remember it having settings where you can choose how it looked smoothness wise and all that

need to hook it back up soon

Different design
Model 1
P1000795.jpg

6 Rings G.O.A.T. 6 Rings G.O.A.T.

make sure it says 'high def graphics' on the top like the one pictured...also that it has all the ports...and maybe a few other things i forgot...3D graphic logo...

because there were several different versions of just this Gen1 model...w/o hdg..they took the words off the top for those but they are more common
you gonna pay a few extra $ for a Gen1.0 but its worth it

Gen1.1 -lesser version...

View media item 2314114

http://retrorgb.com/genesisversions.html

http://segaage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=50&threadid=98190

you can tell by serial number

good luck b! enjoy

Last edited:
tumblr_mjfxsmCZBW1rrftcdo1_1280.gif

You can moonwalk in Super Mario Bros. if you press Left and Right at the same time, but it's almost impossible to do on a controller.

interesting
i used to try and do stuff like hold down left and right at the same time but the way the d-pad pivots one really can't or its a difficult balance anyway

almost like you'd have to take the og controller apart, remove the plastic top of the d-pad and press down left & right with tweezers or something

Last edited:
I've done it from other ways

some times you'd bounce off an enemy in a weird way and you could go thru the whole level backwards if you wanted to

So I was just looking at nintendos virtual console list of games..and they took down all of the street fighters for SNES ..so I won't need a 3dsxl after all..but I will just get a SNES

All I want now is SNES..can't decide if I wanna cop off eBay or just get a wii u

So I was just looking at nintendos virtual console list of games..and they took down all of the street fighters for SNES ..so I won't need a 3dsxl after all..but I will just get a SNES

Since when? They currently have SF Alpha 2, SF 2 Turbo, and SSF 2 all up on the 3DS eShop, but they are exclusive to the New 3DS.

Back
Top Bottom