The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Does anyone actually have a Famicom with the disk drive? Or the nasty *** extension for the PC-Engine? lol.

I have a ton of classic stuff but man a lot of em' are ugly.

chrono-trigger.jpeg

Chrono Trigger best RPG of all time. Great job on the pick up posts on Ngaf Markman :pimp:

Magus :pimp: :pimp: my favorite game too this day. Beat it to see all the endings.

Mortal Kombat , road rash, street fighter , final fantasy (s)

Started playing the first Megaman the other day. Only beat Cut-Man so far. I forgot how hard Mega man games are!

Final Fantasy VII is the GOAT RPG.
A lot of people seem to be of this opinion. There are also many that think FF7 is one of the most overrated RPGs of all time.

I played the game at launch when it first came out, I thought it was a great first serious foray using the CD based medium. But by no means is it the greatest of all time.  It is definitely Square Enix's cash cow though.

Personally, I prefer Final Fantasy IV, VI and even IX. Then again I liked the old school experiences a bit more. I also think story wise, Chrono Trigger was much more fulfilling.

And if we're talking all time and just not that 90s era. I like Persona 3 and Persona 4 over FF7. Mother 3 as well.

I kind of stumbled upon it, and it was really the first RPG I played, so I'm clearly biased.:lol:

Never could really get into many other FF games. Chrono Trigger was a classic, though. I played that so many Yeats after it released and it held up.

Yeah, I think if FFVII was your first RPG and it introduced you to the genre, there will be a general bias towards it.

My first RPG was Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest) and... quite honestly it sucked at the time. Didn't hold my attention, way too open world, etc. I didn't appreciate back in the 80s. But after getting into Dragon Quest more through 6, 7 and eventually 8. I ended up loving the franchise.

Mother 3 is perfect. got the translated version on my phone with Yugioh 2006, a modded version of Pokemon Emerald, and Fire Emblem.

Who played Flying Dragon?

3746_front.jpg

had me hooked, used to give people that work with Suzaku on SD mode with mad overpowered equips :lol:

Only old systems I still got left are my ps2, gamecube & N64

The 64 is my favorite system ever tho. So many memories on that. Aint NO ONE seeing me in Mario Kart (Yoshi :smokin) the OG Super Smash Bros (Kirby :smokin) and WWF No Mercy (beat wrestling game ever)

I still have at least 50 games for that system. Only games I want in my collection are Conkers Bad Fur Day, Pokemon Stadium 2, both Zelda games, Mortal Combat, Killer Instinct Gold & the Clay Fighter games
A lil random but Gex The Gecko & Banjo & Kazooie are such underrated games including their sequels

Last edited:

Does anyone actually have a Famicom with the disk drive? Or the nasty *** extension for the PC-Engine? lol.

I have a ton of classic stuff but man a lot of em' are ugly.
I had both back in the day!  For the Famicom, I had a "Game Doctor", which basically allowed me to play pirated/copied games.  Fun times.

http://www.famicomdisksystem.com/game-doctor-copiers/

I thought the PC-Engine looked cool! LOL  First ever CD-ROM system, which blew my mind!  I mean... a game... on a laser disc!  Street Fighter 1, baby!  

Only old systems I still got left are my ps2, gamecube & N64

The 64 is my favorite system ever tho. So many memories on that. Aint NO ONE seeing me in Mario Kart (Yoshi :smokin) the OG Super Smash Bros (Kirby :smokin) and WWF No Mercy (beat wrestling game ever)

I still have at least 50 games for that system. Only games I want in my collection are Conkers Bad Fur Day, Pokemon Stadium 2, both Zelda games, Mortal Combat, Killer Instinct Gold & the Clay Fighter games
A lil random but Gex The Gecko & Banjo & Kazooie are such underrated games including their sequels
ADD crash bandicoot to that. I had gex on tge geo cobsoke I think.

ADD crash bandicoot to that. I had gex on tge geo cobsoke I think.

Crash gets the recognition it deserves tho along with Spyro (or at least the early ones) but those 2 games are never mentioned up there for their type of games and its ashame cause theyre both great. Crash is my **** too tho. Part 2 & 3 are my favs and thats why theyre on my PS3 lol

Back
Top Bottom