The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Real talk.

Do yall PLAY these Mini-Systems? Or do you get them to collect?

just to collect, i do open them and mess around with them for an hour or so but then they get put back in the box and put away....i dont like having so many things connected idk why. i wish they had wireless controllers tbh lol

I picked up X-Men Dimensions for the GameCube today. It was $2.50 so I said fine, didn’t have it so...

I think I found something pretty rare at the flea market today. It's an in-box release model Sega, but it's the value pak version that includes an extra controller and a not for resale version of Columns and Sonic. I know the value here is actually the cardboard box, but I think being the value pak version might make it bring a few more dollars.

49189018453_e504dcf7a0_z.jpg

Real talk.

Do yall PLAY these Mini-Systems? Or do you get them to collect?

I own a SNES Classic because of the library and it’s my favorite system ever. Everything else I already own original hardware and prefer CRT.
I copped the PlayStation Classic because it was cheap and it’ll be for multiplayer games. Also own a Pi so I don’t feel the need for any others

I think I found something pretty rare at the flea market today. It's an in-box release model Sega, but it's the value pak version that includes an extra controller and a not for resale version of Columns and Sonic. I know the value here is actually the cardboard box, but I think being the value pak version might make it bring a few more dollars.

How much was this and WHERE are you located?

That is a helluva find man.

Give me background on who you bought it from etc

Had that same one as a kid :pimp: the feels man

How much was this and WHERE are you located?

That is a helluva find man.

Give me background on who you bought it from etc

SEGA wildin' for thinking that Columns and an extra 3 button controller bumped this to a $200 value. :lol: :lol: :lol:

just to collect, i do open them and mess around with them for an hour or so but then they get put back in the box and put away....i dont like having so many things connected idk why. i wish they had wireless controllers tbh lol

They intentionally ship with wired controllers so you have to drop extra on the wireless controllers. I think in this day and age, having an official retro console that can hook up to your HDTV is good enough.

Wired controllers existed due to technology limitations of the 8/16 bit era and TV screen sizes were no where near as large as they are now. NES/SNES and Genesis gamepads didn't have triggers or gyros so there's no reason why the end user has to purchase unofficial wireless controllers.

NES games are like unicorns in my area. Can’t remember the last time I found one in a Goodwill or Salvation Army store.

Back
Top Bottom