The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Cap 4_0020.jpg

Cap 4_0021.jpg

CPS II was such a beast. Super SFII despite being a patchwork of the CPS I assets and CPS II was a beautiful game (despite being slow and lacking of the much needed updates in ST).

When they dropped Darkstalkers and X-Men 🔥

Both are beautiful games. Alpha one not so much.

Do they still make 3D platform games like banjo kazooie? If so can anyone recommend some? Either for XBOX series x / y or Nintendo Switch.

Yooka Laylee, Viva Pinata, Mario Odyssey, Super Mario 3D World has Bowser's Fury which is similar.

Man, I downloaded Yooka Laylee off the random from EPIC (free) and I was impressed.
Had no prior knowledge of the game/characters/series but I have enjoyed playing it whenever I get a chance to sit down a play.

c flyness c flyness Always appreciate your old school posts man. I don't get to like them ALL but I appreciate your dedication man.

Man, I downloaded Yooka Laylee off the random from EPIC (free) and I was impressed.
Had no prior knowledge of the game/characters/series but I have enjoyed playing it whenever I get a chance to sit down a play.

c flyness c flyness Always appreciate your old school posts man. I don't get to like them ALL but I appreciate your dedication man.

I was thinking about copping Yooka Laylee and I think you just convinced me. Reviews aren't the best but from the trailer it looks like a really solid platformer. If it's anything like Banjo Kazooie I think I'll be happy.

Side note, I just ran through Banjo Kazooie real quick for the first time in over ten years and man the nostalgia was pure bliss. Such a great game and still holds up to the day. From the level design, playing mechanics, humor and just overall satisfying gameplay it's a rare treasure. One thing they really got right was making it actually fun to collect all these items, with most "collections" or similar titles it just feels like a chore. Might be in my top 10 games of all time.

I was thinking about copping Yooka Laylee and I think you just convinced me. Reviews aren't the best but from the trailer it looks like a really solid platformer. If it's anything like Banjo Kazooie I think I'll be happy.

Side note, I just ran through Banjo Kazooie real quick for the first time in over ten years and man the nostalgia was pure bliss. Such a great game and still holds up to the day. From the level design, playing mechanics, humor and just overall satisfying gameplay it's a rare treasure. One thing they really got right was making it actually fun to collect all these items, with most "collections" or similar titles it just feels like a chore. Might be in my top 10 games of all time.

Yooka Laylee is very similar to Banjo Kazooie.

Conker’s Bad Fur Day was too and it still holds up.

Back
Top Bottom