The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really enjoyed FF XVI but was hoping they’d get straight to FF XVII and skip DLC.

I really enjoyed FF XVI but was hoping they’d get straight to FF XVII and skip DLC.

I doubt Yoshi-P’s team is going to do 17 so it wouldn’t matter if they’re working on DLC or not, but even then I’m not expecting 17 to come out until the end of the decade :lol:

Classic JRPGs have had a banner year in 2023. I have so many to play it’s almost overwhelming, but a great problem to have.

Sea if stars looks great, will probably be my next purchase.

FF16 was good but I didn’t love it. Some elements felt rushed or just thrown in there without enough depth. I tried my best to watch and absorb every cutscene but found myself just skipping them all towards the end.

I would normally go right into new game + after finishing a game I enjoyed but haven’t even tried since finishing.

Get Remake for free when you pre-order the twin pack!

As someone who waited too long to play the FF VII Remake even after having access to it for months due to PS Plus, I have to say - it was stupid of me to postpone giving it a shot for so long... It's an incredible game, and a must play for anyone willing to tolerate cringy video game dialogue here and there. The game is pretty much perfect on all other fronts!

My last trophy in that game (around the last date I played it) is coming up on 10 YEARS ago. :wow::rofl:

1696343294151.png

Maybe I should jump back in and play through the DLC story content finally.

Id agree if it wasnt Persona 3. :lol:

That was like the swan-song of PS2. That's when I first jumped into the Playstation Thread on NT and it had a bunch of people hooked.

Only Persona where I fully understood the hype.

I thought the swan song was Persona 4? That joint released like 2008

I am really am more hyped for both Rebirth and Relink though :lol:

I guess I meant more the last big/popular game on PS2 before most people switched to PS3 at release.

You're probably right in that Persona 4 was more of a "swan-song".

Back
Top Bottom