The Score has fallen off so hard (Cabbie is gone)

So I'm watching Court Surfing on The Score just now and they announced that it was Cabbie's last day with The Score. He didnt say where he was going but there are rumors online that he'll be joining CTV.

Man, The Score has really gone into the crapper the last couple of years...
-they canceled "The Score Tonight" with Tim and Sid even though it was the greatest sports news show ever
-they canceled "Sports World" and now they air "The Footie Show" only 1-2 times a week
-they lost the rights to English soccer
-they lost the rights to Raptor games
-they canceled that 6pm sports show with Greg Sansone (I thought it was pretty good)
-they canceled "Hardcore Hockey Talk" (I know a lot of people hated this show but it was better than late night poker)
-all their reporters have moved onto other channels (Patricia Bole, Elliot Friedman, James Cybulski, Tony Ambrosio, Steve Kouleus)
-they show this stupid "Gilette Drafted" series that no one cares about
-now they lose Cabbie?

Tim and Sid and Court Surfing are the only reasons to watch this stupid channel. Two years ago it was my favorite channel on TV but now it has become the D League of sports television
30t6p3b.gif

So I'm watching Court Surfing on The Score just now and they announced that it was Cabbie's last day with The Score. He didnt say where he was going but there are rumors online that he'll be joining CTV.

Man, The Score has really gone into the crapper the last couple of years...
-they canceled "The Score Tonight" with Tim and Sid even though it was the greatest sports news show ever
-they canceled "Sports World" and now they air "The Footie Show" only 1-2 times a week
-they lost the rights to English soccer
-they lost the rights to Raptor games
-they canceled that 6pm sports show with Greg Sansone (I thought it was pretty good)
-they canceled "Hardcore Hockey Talk" (I know a lot of people hated this show but it was better than late night poker)
-all their reporters have moved onto other channels (Patricia Bole, Elliot Friedman, James Cybulski, Tony Ambrosio, Steve Kouleus)
-they show this stupid "Gilette Drafted" series that no one cares about
-now they lose Cabbie?

Tim and Sid and Court Surfing are the only reasons to watch this stupid channel. Two years ago it was my favorite channel on TV but now it has become the D League of sports television
30t6p3b.gif

Wheres Cabbie going?

Also how come I dont see Gerry Dee on the Score that much anymore. Yeah the Score has fell off a little but I still find I watch it more than Sportsnet.( Watch is too Hockey focused for me) I love the almost daily Heat check. The Score doesnt seem like its stuck on Hockey like the other channels.

TSN is good but it could be better if it focused on Football and Basketball more and picked up  more ESPN shows like 1st and 10.

Wheres Cabbie going?

Also how come I dont see Gerry Dee on the Score that much anymore. Yeah the Score has fell off a little but I still find I watch it more than Sportsnet.( Watch is too Hockey focused for me) I love the almost daily Heat check. The Score doesnt seem like its stuck on Hockey like the other channels.

TSN is good but it could be better if it focused on Football and Basketball more and picked up  more ESPN shows like 1st and 10.

I would have thought after his Kobe segments that he would get a stint with ESPN, but through realGM, he's on his way to CTV and transitioning to world entertainment.

Dude was the face of the franchise, more or less. It's obvious something is going on behind the scenes.

And I wonder what the final picture frame was that got him so emotional before they went off air.

I would have thought after his Kobe segments that he would get a stint with ESPN, but through realGM, he's on his way to CTV and transitioning to world entertainment.

Dude was the face of the franchise, more or less. It's obvious something is going on behind the scenes.

And I wonder what the final picture frame was that got him so emotional before they went off air.

It was him at a boxing arena (not sure which one)
You can see it when Sid takes it and puts it on the table.
I'm real sad to see him go, dude is hilarious!
Dunno if he's Canadian, but was proud to have him on our major sports channel.

It was him at a boxing arena (not sure which one)
You can see it when Sid takes it and puts it on the table.
I'm real sad to see him go, dude is hilarious!
Dunno if he's Canadian, but was proud to have him on our major sports channel.

A picture of a burger.

But seriously, I'm disappointed that he's leaving. The guy got to celebrate in the Lakers locker room after they won their title last year, got to celebrate with the Red Wings, traveled to the WC, traveled to the NBA and NHL all star games every year, etc etc and most importantly, provided us viewers with intimate backstage access to the biggest names in sports. I'm sure he loved his job but I'm guessing he thought it was time to seek new challenges and a bigger role with another channel.

I wonder what The Score will air to fill up their time slots...more poker, horse racing and wrestling I guess
indifferent.gif

As annoying as TSN and Sportsnet are sometimes with all their hockey coverage, atleast they show basketball, football, soccer and other good ESPN and Fox Sports shows as well.

A picture of a burger.

But seriously, I'm disappointed that he's leaving. The guy got to celebrate in the Lakers locker room after they won their title last year, got to celebrate with the Red Wings, traveled to the WC, traveled to the NBA and NHL all star games every year, etc etc and most importantly, provided us viewers with intimate backstage access to the biggest names in sports. I'm sure he loved his job but I'm guessing he thought it was time to seek new challenges and a bigger role with another channel.

I wonder what The Score will air to fill up their time slots...more poker, horse racing and wrestling I guess
indifferent.gif

As annoying as TSN and Sportsnet are sometimes with all their hockey coverage, atleast they show basketball, football, soccer and other good ESPN and Fox Sports shows as well.

Anybody have a link to youtube of his farewell?  Missed extended time on PVR. Sad to hear that he's gone, I think I watched almost every cabbie on the street, epic interviews with Big Papi and Kobe, pure comedy.
Score is failing miserably after this.

Anybody have a link to youtube of his farewell?  Missed extended time on PVR. Sad to hear that he's gone, I think I watched almost every cabbie on the street, epic interviews with Big Papi and Kobe, pure comedy.
Score is failing miserably after this.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

What I mean is  I like the Score still for their shows. The Score actually have an NFL show, Court Cuts which is kinda an NBA show and a Soccer show. TSN and Sportsnet dont have an actual NFL show or NBA show. They show games but alot those games (except MNF can be seen on other channels like CTV ,NBC and Fox. The recent TSN2 NFL and NBA coverage is cool though. 

Basically I wish TSN was more like ESPN by having quality programming available during the day and late night.

ESPN has NFL Live, NBA Fastbreak, Baseball Tonight, College Football Live etc etc . I would like a TSN NFL show with Jesse Palmer. A NBA show,Major Leauge baseball, CFL show and A Canadian University sports show instead seeing Poker,Darts, Billboards and reruns of Sportscentre 16 hrs a day.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

What I mean is  I like the Score still for their shows. The Score actually have an NFL show, Court Cuts which is kinda an NBA show and a Soccer show. TSN and Sportsnet dont have an actual NFL show or NBA show. They show games but alot those games (except MNF can be seen on other channels like CTV ,NBC and Fox. The recent TSN2 NFL and NBA coverage is cool though. 

Basically I wish TSN was more like ESPN by having quality programming available during the day and late night.

ESPN has NFL Live, NBA Fastbreak, Baseball Tonight, College Football Live etc etc . I would like a TSN NFL show with Jesse Palmer. A NBA show,Major Leauge baseball, CFL show and A Canadian University sports show instead seeing Poker,Darts, Billboards and reruns of Sportscentre 16 hrs a day.

I'm actually happy for the dude, hard work pays off and in his case he paid his dues and def. had a blast doing it.

I wish is does goes global it may not be as fun as his come-up but you have to grow up eventually good times cabbie thank you for the memories.

He was with his man D ! and now he's officially GONE

on the contrary, TheScore def. fell off but who knows sportsnet/tsn could be factors as they were the tog dogs as far as sportscasting goes.
#INSERTBRIBEAMOUNT

I'm actually happy for the dude, hard work pays off and in his case he paid his dues and def. had a blast doing it.

I wish is does goes global it may not be as fun as his come-up but you have to grow up eventually good times cabbie thank you for the memories.

on the contrary, TheScore def. fell off but who knows sportsnet/tsn could be factors as they were the tog dogs as far as sportscasting goes.
#INSERTBRIBEAMOUNT

#INSERTBRIBEAMOUNT

#INSERTBRIBEAMOUNT

#FUXYUKUGOKUGOHAN

You know what they say about all good things coming to an end, it's true haha

#FUXYUKUGOKUGOHAN

You know what they say about all good things coming to an end, it's true haha

He should go to CP24 for breakfast sports... It's all jokes there in the am anyways so he'll fit right in... 
Where's Babel nowadays?  Show isn't the same without him 
laugh.gif

He should go to CP24 for breakfast sports... It's all jokes there in the am anyways so he'll fit right in... 
Where's Babel nowadays?  Show isn't the same without him 
laugh.gif

The Score has fallen off HARD. I miss the Score tonight,no more reason to watch it now that Cabbie's gone.

The Score has fallen off HARD. I miss the Score tonight,no more reason to watch it now that Cabbie's gone.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

This
2 of their best shows are now gone, the Score Tonight was hilarious and so was Cabbie

Back
Top Bottom