THE SHOES THAT GOT ME FIRED FROM NIKE

:lol:
laugh.gif
what a lame

what exactly was ur job title and what ur day to day responsibilities? just curious.
They shootin, nobodies dyin/
somebody better put somebodies body/on somebodies iron/
sometime soon or somebody lyin/I ain't buyin that stuff yall shovlin/
I ain't duckin from nothin cousin/ I'm to tall to act small- HOV

Yeah college athletes don't sell anything they get for free to people, ever >D
grin.gif
College athletes are broke, plain and simple. You're not allowed to sell or return your stuff you get from Nike or any other company, but it happens all the time. I understand why Nike should care and put in the necesarry roadblocks for this. But this is taking it too far. I can't express everything I want right here, but Digital, I'll be sending you an ezinbox tommorow

Dill you basically said everything that I have thought. I never knew that these pe's, samples, and promo's would be like this. All I was ever doing was collecting shoes. This whole thing has really made me rethink this whole collecting thing I have spent the last 14 years or my life doing.

I guess I can look at this as the pinnacle of collecting being that some collector stirred up all this noise in a 5 billion dollar company. Or some may look at this and think this is what is wrong with collecting these days with all the greed and money involved. A few years ago I would of thought the same way but times have changed and so has the shoe game.

I think that Nike has created a monster that they cant control and are trying to tame it the wrong way. If they wanted to fire someone for letting pe's slip how about looking at there employee's on campus? All we do is try and get our hands on the rarest shoes out there. We don't make and we definitely don't have access to them like employee's over there do.
Going after the big loyal collectors does not look good no matter how many suits think that we are hurting the brand. People like Dill, Bkals, Air23, Shoegame, Krabby, Jay Jones and others I think help bring more excitement to this hobby. Which in the long run will only bring more $ to Nike.

What they should do is embrace all these collectors no matter if they collect pe's or cortez. We are the people spending are hard earned dollars on there overpriced shoes. We are the ones waiting in line 2-3 days to buy a pair of shoes. The same hype that Nike does not want these B-Ball shoes to have is what the whole SB line is built on.

Nike is bigger now with the youth market then they have been in years. Finally I can go out and see kids in B-Ball shoes again instead of all those skate shoes kids were wearing form 97-2003. So there way of keeping that popularity is to go after the people who have the most passion and love for the brand first. I don't think I will ever understand there reasons behind this.

To anybody I may have ruined a good connect or got in trouble you have my deepest apologies. This whole ordeal was never meant to do any harm to anyone. Not Nike, Not U of O, and def not some of my friends who have also been affected by this.

I was just collecting shoes.

And now i'm done.

^Damn! Nike should focus their time and resources in dealing with fakes instead of looking for people who have PE's. :\
ohwell.gif

I agree they going after the wrong people. fakes is cutting directly into their bottom line. i dont think everybody knows the full scope on how big the blackmarket is. you see fakes on ebay and some websites but its so much more than that and very big in other countries.

instead they go after a loyal supporter and collector of their own products. smart move.

FLIGHT23AIR****​

man so all this time, this was the reason why i had to return my U of O lebrons II.......

No offense but I don't see how anyone can feel sorry for you. You got greedy and put the shoes on ebay, who's fault is that. You put yourself at risk and you also put everybody involved at risk. You talk about collecting but you wanted to make a profit off the shoes, that's not collecting. If you put the shoes away in your closet this would have never happened. It's just ridiculous to me that you're trying to cheat the system, and then you cry victim when you get caught. Sorry but you can't always have your cake and eat it to.

And Nike has investments to protect in their universities. It may seem petty to you guys cause all you care about is your shoe collections. They don't care about you, they care about their multi million dollar investments in the universities. They don't want their schools being investigated for any reason.

Quote:
I will prob never ever be able to work for the company I wanted to work for since I was 11 years old.

I think you might wanna take a long hard look at yourself. If Nike really is the company you wanted to work for since you were 11, you blew it for a few hundred. Think about that.

You were there, you were living your dream, doing what you've wanted to do for years, and you tossed it for what? It's not about complaining whether Nike was right or wrong. You clearly need Nike more than they need you. So if you love your job and working for Nike is something you've always wanted, you do what you have to do keep that job.

I've worked for NBA teams in the past and we all knew the things we could do that might get us fired. And even though it would have been nice to throw up some game-worn gear or tickets on ebay, we all realized that the few dollars we were gaining wasn't worth a great job.

You had to realize that putting up some freaking PEs would draw attention to yourself. I'm sorry it happened but I don't think there's anyone else to blame.

Good luck with finding a new job, and if you get one you love, I hope next time you have the foresight to make sure you don't jeopardize it for something so trivial.
[/i][/center]

ive also wanted to work at nike for a minute now but i also know that when it comes to the retail area of it that the company doesnt really like to hire the people that "collect" the shoes they make kinda for this reason.
you aint got to tell me you're feelin this ish because i know what im wearin i know im killin this ish

Scotty Ayo:
No offense but I don't see how anyone can feel sorry for you. You got greedy and put the shoes on ebay, who's fault is that. You put yourself at risk and you also put everybody involved at risk. You talk about collecting but you wanted to make a profit off the shoes, that's not collecting. If you put the shoes away in your closet this would have never happened. It's just ridiculous to me that you're trying to cheat the system, and then you cry victim when you get caught. Sorry but you can't always have your cake and eat it to.
I'll give you $1,000 for any pair of shoes in your closet.

Go pick one.

Anyone at all.

Yes ... even those.

One. Thousand. Dollars.

P.S. Too bad you're against that kinda thing, huh? You want a grand? Go earn it. Right? Just because you have a pair of shoes that I said I'd pay $1k for ... and you happen to have them ... that does NOT mean you should sell them to me, right?

Right?

Point: There's nothing wrong with SUPPLYing someone with something they DEMAND that you have and are willing to let go of and they're willing to pay the price you've pinned on the product.

Digital Jordan, I empathize with for the same reason Method Man and Baby Dill have explained. There's so much Nike could do about fakes, but they target people like you for sellin PE's.

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> 23ska for short <<<<<<<[/b]
(Chick Hearn page from nba.com) I grew up going mainly to ANGELS and LAKERS games, but I will ALWAYS cheer for my wife's home team (UK WILDCATS) and ALL the rest of MY home teams (SPARKS, XTREME, CLIPPERS, PADRES, DUCKS, TROJANS, CHARGERS, AVENGERS, DODGERS, BRUINS, KINGS, GALAXY).​

Quote:
I think you might wanna take a long hard look at yourself. If Nike really is the company you wanted to work for since you were 11, you blew it for a few hundred. Think about that.

that's the truth right there. look man, it sucks what happened to you, and yes, nike has their priorities messed up, and yes college players are getting screwed by the nc-dub...

but still... the action that made the **** hit the fan was still on you. you throwing the kicks up on the 'bay was what brought the action on...

i really don't understand people who try to resell their kicks at rape prices... i'm in this shoe game because i love kicks, and even if i could double or triple my money by selling something, i never would, especially not some not-for-sale kick that i got hooked up with.

go ahead and blame society, big business, haterade, anything you want for what happened to you... but if you had just laid low and either just kept the kicks or sold them in a less public forum than eBay, none of this would have happened.

but anyway, i know you're probably feeling bad enough as it is, so yeah, best of wishes in finding a new job and feeding that fam...

Our parents came to this land escaping persecution, poverty, and hunger. Hunger..they were very, very hungry. They wanted to live in a land that treated them as equals. A land filled with hamburger stands. And not just one type of hamburger, many kinds, with different sizes, toppings, and condiments... This is about achieving what our parents set out for. This night is about the pursuit of happiness...
- Kumar -

You all seem ta be missin the point totally.

Quote:
To sum it all up the official reason I was fired was because I had bought a few pairs of shoes for my friends who could not get in the es.

Yeah the pe's pissed nike off but it was the use of the employee store discount ta sell ta other people that got him fired. He says he was hookin his friends up, for all nike knows he could have been ebayin them or sellin them out of the trunk of his car.

So from nikes point of view he gets pe's and sells. He gets shoes from the employee store and sells them. So he didn't get fired for bein a collector or for his love of shoes. He got fired for resellin.

Yeah you can say he sold ta his friends for the same price he paid at the employee store but even so that is HALF what they would pay otherwise so he was cuttin into nikes potential profits. He took advantage of a system there ta save him some money and used it ta hook up his friends which isn't allowed. Yeah lots of people do it, but add ta that the public sellin of an ultra rare shoe on ebay and gettin caught seems too likely. i would assume someone there for the love of shoes and nike would avoid stuff like that even knowin lots of other people do it.

In the end i think it's horribly stupid of nike ta fire him and i feel really bad for him and if it were up ta me it wouldn't have happened like that at all. But at the same time they did it for a reason and not all the blame here falls on nike.

I dont knwo the guy, and didnt read the WHOLE post. And im just playing devil's advocate here, BUT:

Maybe dude was screwin up at work to begin with and this was the last straw. You never know.

I know people that have been fired after being 1 minute late for work, but it wasnt that one time, it was the other 15 times he was late that got him fired.

No offense to DJ, im just bringin up another possibility.

Quote:
It's just ridiculous to me that you're trying to cheat the system, and then you cry victim when you get caught
But what did he get caught doing? And how was he cheating the system?

Quote:
i really don't understand people who try to resell their kicks at rape prices... and even if i could double or triple my money by selling something, i never would
:rolleyes
eyes.gif
You mean to tell me that you have two kids to feed and someone offers you $1500 for a pair of shoes that you have doubles of you would not sell it? Easier said then done. And how can you say "rape prices"? Just because you cant afford these types of pairs does not mean that the person paying that much is getting raped. Everybody and everything has a price.

Quote:
i'm in this shoe game because i love kicks
You obviously do not know DJ. I have had the opportunity to meet him on a few occasions over the past ten years. This guys life is nike and has been for a very long time. I doubt there are many people out there who are more into this then DJ. And I know there are a lot of people who can vouch for him on that.

Many of you don't understand what goes into the World of Fakes:

If Digital Jordan is not a College Student, he simply could can say he got a pair for free without compensating the Student. It's well known Nike has it's corporatate priorities fudged up.. but every month, there are people in LP and Legal who must do summations of accomplishments they have achieved and since they can't fry the big fish..

They go after what's easier. It's been stated several times, how many eBAY links go untouched and believe it or not.. the corporate answer is.. we are working on it.

Truth to the matter is.. they are.. but it aint doing much. They have a laison who logs each fake posted on eBAY and supposedly works with a Laison from ebay to have the auction removed.

Over research I do in my off time I see this works worth a poop. Clearly the person doing it, has to get validation that the shoe is indeed fake. Do you know what a process this is?

Ebay does not want happening to them.. which has happend before when Tiffany's sued them for allowing Fake Tiffany jewlery to be sold. So they partnership and act as if they are doing something.

My guess is they send a list of auctions that are removed on a weekly or monthly basis, and this satisfies the powers that be.

Anyone of you can see it doesn't do a damn thing.. but since some of the stuff I have seen documented and legally patented can not be duplicated or replicated..

Here are some numbers Nike wasn't aware of before now.

Nike as of June 2004 declined 2 points from 40% to 38%
(This figure does not include variant market sales)
Total Sales Yearly (millions)
1. Nike &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Portland, OR &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $3,327B
2. Reebok &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp New York, NY 926
3. Adidas &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp San Francisco, CA 840
4. New Balance &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp New York, NY 750
- Various Variant Sales &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 271
5. Vans McElory&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Irvine, CA 216
6. K-Swiss&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Santa Monica, CA 197
7. Keds &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Concord, MA &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 191
8. Asics &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp San Diego, CA 154

If Variant Sales out do others Major Brands.. do you think Nike isn't interested now?

Yes.. all my information is founded, researched and well documented. And believe when I say the numbers I gave for variant sales were on the bottom side.

Holla

Marketing and Product Placement You Need Me.​
......Not Just A Sig.​

Here's my take on it, I think some people are missing the forest for the trees:

Digital Jordan got in trouble initially because he put the PE's on ebay. That's what set off the alarms and sent LP and the NCAA searching. If the PE's weren't put on ebay, there is no LP or NCAA investigation. Sure, the shoes are worth a lot, but if you know you get them from a hook-up, you don't jeopardize what's going on. Sure, hundreds of dollars for 1 pair is nice, but what's even nicer is a steady paying gig.

Loss prevention asked him the following, which is directly tied to his putting the PE's on ebay. It has nothing to do with hooking up friends from the ES:

Quote:
So a few weeks pass and I go into work. I'm there about 10 minutes before I get pulled in to a office and [/b]

blueredyelloworangepurplegreenblack​

you are saying that you hooked up some friends with your discount?
in the past 2 months or so i remember you selling a bunch of shoes on here/ebay that im sure you used your discount on like:
vc 4 all stars
2k5 all stars
jordan 13 lows
jordan flint 13's
jordan 20's
and more im sure.

i got fired from finishline for doing the same thing but you dont see me posting it for people to feel bad for me. you know the rules, and like them or not, thats how it is. you probably would have never been caught doing it either if you hadnt taken adavantage of the situations and your "hookups".

you also said that they knew there was a risk in selling the shoes to you and you did not get them for free and all, but they also did not ---- see what they would fetch on the 'bay

^^Why are you trying to play LP now? Why even try and make DJ look guilty of re-selling? Jealous?

I know that he gets most of those J's from a hookup to sell for him and they split profits. I know the person who gives him these kicks. I also know that the 2k5 and VC4 were both from the same guy.

Like I said before I have met DJ a few times and thought he was a real cool guy. A lot of my people are cool with him so that is why I have his back in this post.

Quote:
I'll give you $1,000 for any pair of shoes in your closet.

Go pick one.

Anyone at all.

Yes ... even those.

One. Thousand. Dollars.

P.S. Too bad you're against that kinda thing, huh? You want a grand? Go earn it. Right? Just because you have a pair of shoes that I said I'd pay $1k for ... and you happen to have them ... that does NOT mean you should sell them to me, right?

Right?

Point: There's nothing wrong with SUPPLYing someone with something they DEMAND that you have and are willing to let go of and they're willing to pay the price you've pinned on the product.

Digital Jordan, I empathize with for the same reason Method Man and Baby Dill have explained. There's so much Nike could do about fakes, but they target people like you for sellin PE's. .
If selling those shoes is gonna cost me my job and lose me money in the long run of course I'm not gonna sell them. If the job means a lot to me why would I risk it over 1000 bucks. That's just not smart. And if you're willing to take the risk then don't cry about it after you get punished.

:lol:
laugh.gif
And it's funny how people are trying to use fakes as a justification for his actions. Fakes have absolutely nothing to do with this. You know he's wrong so now you're trying to use other wrong things to justify it. Sorry it doesn't work that way. Just because other people are stealing things doesn't me the right to go steal things.

Quote:
But what did he get caught doing? And how was he cheating the system?
He got caught selling shoes he shouldn't have been selling. And he also got caught abusing his employee discount, to sell them on ebay to make a profit. That doesn't sound like somebody who covets that company so much or his job.
Quote:
You mean to tell me that you have two kids to feed and someone offers you $1500 for a pair of shoes that you have doubles of you would not sell it? Easier said then done. And how can you say "rape prices"? Just because you cant afford these types of pairs does not mean that the person paying that much is getting raped. Everybody and everything has a price.
Please, everybody has a family to feed. That doesn't give you the right to go steal from your company or go rob banks. You're absolutely right everything has a price, including your job. I really have no problem with trying to make a buck or hustling for a buck. But don't go crying victim when you get caught up and know you did something wrong, that's just weak.

Quote:
He got caught selling shoes he shouldn't have been selling
By selling those U of O Lebrons DJ did absolutlly nothing wrong. At that point they were his shoes to do what he wanted with them. The person who gave them to him is the one who was selling shoes that should not of been selling.

Quote:
And he also got caught abusing his employee discount, to sell them on ebay to make a profit.
When did he say anything about re-selling on ebay? All I read was he was hooking up his people.

Back
Top Bottom