THE SHOES THAT GOT ME FIRED FROM NIKE

:rolleyes
eyes.gif
i think ya all just need a good nap...

Dont worry, the last post thing is the least of your latest contradictions.

For one thing, if NikeTalk is only home to miserable rabble, as you seem to think, why do you so desperately care to change the beliefs of our members? Why are you SO PRESSED in prevailing upon them that, contrary to my five years of service to this community, Im REALLY a self-obsessed tyrant? Youre creating photoshops. Youre writing post after post, refreshing regularly. Whats wrong? You thought NikeTalk was terrible, now youre back. You think my opinion doesnt matter, that I dont REALLY represent anyone, but youll claw tooth and nail to convince everyone within eyeshot that Im wrong just the same. Why do they need convincing?

Heres a secret: no matter what motivation you TRY to ascribe, no matter how much you strain yourself to prove that Im this horrible, respect-mongering fascist, my track record declares otherwise.

I dont have to work very hard to prove that your benefactor makes money on sneaker fans backs.

I didnt have to work very hard to demonstrate the hypocrisy in respecting NikeTalk staff members here, but insulting me on ISS.

Yet youre working like a dog trying to portray me as some elitist whose Draconian rule on NikeTalk is designed solely to glean respect and notoriety.

Why?

I speak TO NikeTalk members, not FOR NikeTalk members. Sometimes, I try to persuade them but its always in the context of a dialog.

You can try over and over again, but theres no REAL reason to believe that I honestly put myself ahead of the community, or consider myself THE representative of the community. Youre doing a lot of stretching and straining to prove some slanderous characterization about me, to somehow invalidate or disprove that I give time to NikeTalk every day because I actually care about the community that Ive built with hundreds of fellow sneaker fans over five and a half years.

If it were about ego, I wouldnt still be here. If it were about money, I wouldnt still be here.
Believe it or not, I put up with more DISrespect than respect as a result of my efforts here. Its COST me money; it hasnt made me money.

But, you know what, Ive gained some invaluable friends through it. I dont value them as business contacts. I dont regard them in utilitarian fashion. I dont use them as means to an end. I dont seek to have them work for a slim fraction of a larger pie, to have them grant a veneer of legitimacy to a business operation. Maybe Im not as lonely as you think.

True loyalty is mutual. I put in work for the staff because they put in work for me and every other NikeTalk member.

You might defend Jordan brand, but would Jordan brand defend you?
Before you were under his patronage, did Steve help you out?

You know, when your site was floundering, it wasnt Steve that tried to offer support and consolation.
We didnt do it because I wanted to be your savior, either.

As long as its open, my friends and I will always enjoy NikeTalk, whether the community has 50 members like it did in late 1999, or 30,000 members like it does today. This little crusade of yours cant take that from me. Well keep working hard to ensure that this community remains open for all those interested in reading or participating in it.

If youre not with me, youre my enemy? Tell me, have I had any harsh words for anyone whos come across as neutral here? Theyre not with me they must be against me. Hmm guess not.

Go ahead, ask JumpmanSt. Hes been to staff meetings. Hes seen how we operate. Did you forget that by insulting NikeTalk, youve insulted something hes worked hard on, too?

Quote:
And for someone who's so selfless and undesirous of accolades, you sure do bring that up alot. You keep saying you don't talk about what you do for the community, and then you proceed to do just that. I'm confused.

And you're anonymous -- am I the only one who can see your screen name in big letters below your posts? My bad if that's the case, I thought everyone could see that.

If youre attacking my character and questioning my motives, I suppose it might bear mention.

Those big letters? Theyre no bigger than those of any other NikeTalk member. As for the ADMINISTRATOR beneath, you seem to give that far more weight than I. See, I believe that I should be able to express my personal opinion WITHOUT automatically affixing to it the weight of the entire community. My opinions are my own, and Im entitled to them whether you like them or not.

As for anonymity, when you search Method Man, you dont exactly see references to NikeTalk. Yeah, Im really trying to build up the value of THAT name. Its not MY name, its A name and its just a name.

Youre trying so hard to discredit me, why?

Your attacks are so, so petty.

Lets get it straight; out of nowhere you decided to attack me simply for expressing a negative opinion of a Jordan brand product and you havent let up since. Ive been expressing my honest opinions, positive or negative, for five years and I will not change that behavior. I didnt attack you prior to that, but I will defend myself.

What has Steve done to us, you ask? Before or after he tried to insult me, then come back here and pretend he has respect for our staff?

How about this: a few years back, NikeTalk was in dire need of funding to pay for its hosting fees, lest we suffer pop-up advertising. Steve came up with a cool offer for us: hed host NikeTalk on his website and it wouldnt cost us a dime. Wed work hard every day, just as we have, to provide NikeTalk for ourselves and our fellow sneaker fans. Oh, but there is one tiny corollary, we have to give props to instyleshoes.

I politely declined. With that, Steve believes that I slapped his hand away, a hand, Im sure, extended only in good faith. Then, Steve ever the anonymous benefactor promptly runs to NikeTalk to inform our members that our donation drive is a sham and wouldnt even be necessary had we just taken the aforementioned cool offer. He actively discourages people from donating to support NikeTalk, makes a few ban-worthy comments about then-moderator Air Rev, and skulks off to create the Sour Grapes message board.

Hes not done with NikeTalk, though. As dictated by my selfish nature, for years after, I abided his shameless advertising posts because I was, for some crazy reason, concerned about fairness and objectivity. Even though Steve would again take swipes at Air Rev, I worked with him via email to come to an understanding.

Honestly, though, we as a staff simply have no incentive to further tolerate the presence of his ads on our community. If someone insulted Steve, I doubt that person could place ads in his magazine very easily, either. Were not JUST talking about a personal issue, either. Its painfully obvious that references to NikeTalk are frowned upon at the ISS community. Your welcome diatribe was initially shut down when a few too many people senselessly voiced support for NikeTalk. Thats not uncommon.

If NikeTalk and its operators arent respected by Steve and ISS, why should NikeTalk continue to subsidize Steve and his business? Theres simply no logical reason for us to do so.

Quote:
You start to hear things seep out like references to shoeheads as "people who don't know any better"

This, from the person who said to a group of NikeTalk members who dared dislike the design of the Melo 5.5,

Quote:
In all seriousness, the best thing JB could do would be to give most of the "fans" on here a collective "see ya!" and never look back. Most of you want nothing more than to live in the past and that's sad. What's also sad to me is to see so many young people acting like such bitter old men. Like William Shatner said to the Trekkies in that classic SNL skit, "Get a life, will you people?!?"

The Bastitch quote youre mentioning is taken irresponsibly out of context. Nowhere did he imply that ALL sneaker fans didnt know any better. He didnt say MOST OF YOU dont know any better, the way you said that Jordan brand should give MOST OF THE FANS on here a collective see ya.

Your perceptions of us are clearly warped and this is only obvious given how quickly and dramatically those perceptions have changed.

I was blindsided by your rancorous animus. I never said a harsh word about you until you chose to so recklessly lunge at me over something as trivial as a basketball shoe. You called me a friend of sorts, and yet if you were so worried about me why didnt you contact me? Why didnt you say, Hey, you seem to be coming down pretty hard on Jordan brand lately. Is everything ok? No, you just made a series of ridiculous assumptions.

Apparently, its easier to think that Im some sort of monster than to approach a friend of sorts.
Well, you chose to attack me and Ill continue to defend myself.

If Steve doesnt like me, if a few people in the industry dont like me, then Im sure its much easier for you to despise me as well.

And if Steve doesn't like NikeTalk, and a few people in the industry don't like NikeTalk, then I'm sure it's much easier for you to hate our community as well.

I guess it's easier to act as though I were the one who changed, and then the rest of the staff changed, and then NikeTalk changed....

Hey, whatever gets you through (or keeps you up) the night.

Quote:
Just one of those things that make you go hmm.

I for one stand on my own individuality, and it serves me no purpose to chose sides. I can't help to feel that Cyjack's arguments just seem bitter.

Its a shame to me that someone who really did us all a lot of good (kicksology will always be one of the best sites ever) is attacking Meth's character. I don't know Meth, i have never spoken to him, so I have no reason at all to take his side, so this is not one of those, "oh its cool to pick the one of the admin's of Niketalk's side" If you have beef with Meth why not settle this in a private matter?

I think Meth has to be one of the most down to earth people here on niketalk, and i think a line gets cross when someone's character gets attacked or thrown into question over sneakers or a brand of sneakers.

At the end of the day what makes someone a person? Is it a pair of kicks or that person's character? One thing Method always displays in his posts is character. Something i respect him for, and something that I can't find in your recent posts Cyjack.

So if i will be flamed for being a Meth supporter or whatever, its all good. I am not related, i don't know anyone here on niketalk, I have not spoken to an admin here personally, so I make my comments based on what I have read.

Cyjack if your leaving for good, I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

"tear away the sheets you breathe from coma.
open to the curse we live to sever,
and portray a life to close the portals to the ones bent on betrayal." Breath From Coma by Hopesfall

I want to point out that just because ISS reaps some marketing benefits for putting on the shoe shows, doesnt mean they are not making a contribution to the community. Rarely is anyone's motive 100% pure. If the community is better for their efforts than lets recognize that they've done the community good.

Obviously the prices they charge are another matter :b
tongue.gif

I think Manglor hit it on the head. Method Man had accurate criticisms of Jordan Brand. Frankly, they were a breath of fresh air coming from the administrator of a community made up of mostly nike pole smokers. And though Prof K's original response to Methods criticism were not without merit, he has since taken everything a bit personally. Reebok is not the only shoe company that makes mistakes. There is nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade, or a tech flex lace cover pointless.

Its really unfortunate that its come to this, but I can't say that I was completely blinded by the possibility of this happening. Whenever something hits the mainstream, there will always be wars to fight, and unfortunately my friends Sneakers are about as mainstream as you can get now.

Back in the early days( pre 2001), I guess when Niketalk was in its infancy and Nikepark was a forum going up in flames, this post was unimaginable because quite frankly there weren't enough of us around to warrant war. However like I said previously, with the entrance to the mainstream market, thing certainly change.

Some of you know I used to work for Reebok( that seems like ages ago now) and during my tenure there, I did feel a need to protect and serve my product. Because of this I can see where Cyjack is coming from. When you are closely linked to people who design a product or market one, your ties of fellowship influence your opinion one way or another, and perhaps that's why his stance has changed so rapidly. I for one didn't see the light at the end of the tunnel until those god forsaken Ice Creams were in the works, and then quickly after my tenure there was at an end( another story for another day friends)

However, back to the topic at hand. Over the past few weeks, months, years, we've seen a huge change in this culture which many of us consider life. Gone are the days when one Jordan was released per year. Gone are the days when quality was surely produced over quantity. This isn't a jab at Nike only but at all companies in general. Can you recall when Quality was really the main concern, and a brands reputation was the driving factor of releasing a shoe? Of course this is a business, life is a business, but unfortunately it seems like this "business" has become something that many of us could never fathom.

Niketalk versus Instyleshoes, how ironic. Initially we all came together for a love of shoes. A love that many people can't possibly fathom, and that many of us used to catch ridicule from. Now we're being torn apart by shoes and connections to the industry as well.

The difference between us as I see it, is simply this. For Steve and Instyle, it has ALWAYS been a business. Instyleshoes was not created out of the same love and awe that many posses around here. Instyle was always about making the next dollar. Niketalk has never been a business but rather a safe haven for people. Before the sneaker culture blew up to what it is now, where did you have to go to talk about the latest Jordan or Nike? Could you talk to your " real " friends about it? No because at that time they couldn't possibly fathom someone's life being heavily about sneakers. It was a small amount of people whom you could talk to and feel safe to express your likes and dislikes. That's all niketalk was, and that's all niketalk was created to be. A safe haven away from the cruelty of the real world. I know many of you ( weather willing to admit it or not) were hesitant in those early years to discuss sneakers in depth with the " real world " for fear of being looked at differently or fear of being ridiculed. I know I for one was. Niketalk was, and is a place where I felt I could express my opinions freely without the fear of banishment or being considered an outsider. That's what niketalk was created for and that's why its around.

Now there's nothing wrong with running a business, because everyone has to eat, or in our cases everyone has to get that new Jordan once a year........scratch that once every 6..5..4.... well whenever they come out now. However in the past I can't say I've been too happy with the way Instyleshoes is run. It has nothing to do with prices( simple supply and demand) or Steve( in my conversations with him he seemed to be a nice guy. My beef with instyle is simply the fact that weather you realize this or not, we have always been exploited by them........or rather the corporate machine. Instyle is so closely linked to the cooperations that its really hard to take their magazine seriously. Close contacts to the industry don't offer real investigative research and an unbias opinion for fear of losing those very contacts. Case in point, I find it rare you'll see one of the staff members bash a nike shoe for fear of losing their modship or giving the company a bad rep. For instyle that's fine, because they are a business, and that's their practice. You don't crap where you eat, that's one of the first rules of business.

However for niketalk, many of the community doesn't care about Nike, or Reebok, or Adidas' feelings, because we aren't a business and we never viewed niketalk as such. This is always been about the love for us. A love that many can't understand, nor many could never fathom because , honestly who loves sneakers? Only a small majority.

Prof K. before you say that I'm brainwashed by Meth or I'm fighting his battle on the front-lines, I want you to realize that I have disagreed with Meth so many times it makes my head spin. But one thing meth and I have always had in common is our bond of love for sneakers. A love for a culture that has undergone changes, but is still the same for some of us. I must say I throughly enjoyed reading your reviews back in the day because they were so unbias, although when you bent that Reebok sneaker I was a little hurt( Old habits die hard). However your unbias ways have changed dramatically since the dollar got in your pocket for your love. I won't blame you, because the same thing happened to me, but honestly can you remember why you were once revered as a great resource? Because of an unbias opinion on everything. You truly had a reporters mind and to my understanding, getting to the truth was your only goal, not praising everything from any company. Your site was an amazing resource, something I doubt we shall see in the near future because of a fear of losing contacts now, but I ask you, can you honestly say you and your opinions haven't changed since you were put on the pay roll?

Regarding Steve, as I previously stated, I think he's a nice fellow. We had a few good conversations when we spoke on the phone ages ago, however what I sincerely believe separates many of us from Steve is that its all dollars and Cents. As Meth stated, everything is a business for instyle and that's cool if that's what goes on over there. But don't claim to have that same level of love we do, because I think your full of it. Solecollector and the events are all marketing. In my opinion its all just for show and a business model. But then again who am I to say anything?

[/b]
[/b]​

Quote:
Frankly, they were a breath of fresh air coming from the administrator of a community made up of mostly nike pole smokers.

Well what the hell did you expect??? The damn message board is called NIKETALK :lol:
laugh.gif

You think fans of a fan board of green day is gonna go out and admit all of green days music is trash??! :tongue:
tongue.gif

For Trade or Sale: DS Olympic VII retro size 12: Looking To Trade For DS X Retro Steey Greys size 12 or 12.5 ezinbox me or email me fkint@yahoo.com

"You think fans of a fan board of green day is gonna go out and admit all of green days music is trash??! :tongue:
tongue.gif
"

You're right, of course. And I've been on a few bandsites and they are mostly filled with poll smokers as well. However, I have a lot of respect for the fan who loves the band but isnt afraid to point out when they screw up. To me being a fan doesnt mean accepting everything they're selling. And the most valid, and insightful criticism often can come from "fans" since they pay attention the closest.

I would say this board is about 80% open minded and 20% pole smoking. Thats not a bad ratio. It is hard to find the pole smoking fan on here you talk of. EVERYBODY on here has critisized either Jordan brand or Nike more than once. Meth is not the first to critisize the way they are treating their customer. I think it was just an excuse for cyjack to lash out and make his departure more accepting.

For Trade or Sale: DS Olympic VII retro size 12: Looking To Trade For DS X Retro Steey Greys size 12 or 12.5 ezinbox me or email me fkint@yahoo.com

Hmmm. I don't know how we would test for it, but I'd put the pole smoker ratio higher than 1 in 5. If I can come up with a practical method to confirm/reject my hypothesis, I'll let you know. :lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
He's selling a magazine for $7.50 an issue and hawking shoes online for prices so expensive that each customer should get a kiss afterward.
Amen. Cyjack, how can you even talk like Steve does this for us? You damn well know that he is doing this for the money. He makes so much cake off people nowadays. If he was doing all this for us, he would be charging reasonable prices that we can actually afford. Let's take a couple of examples: $199 for patent 1s, $199 for white/black/red 2s, $349 for Cement 3s, $449 for Mochas, $895 for Olympic 6s, and the list goes on and on. I challenge you to find one shoe that is fairly priced on ISS. Steve takes advantage of people because he knows they will pay if they want it that badly. I have no problem with that because business is business, but don't try and act like he is what's right in the game these days.

whats happening? haha page 1 someone lost a job for buying shoes i guess and page 13 is a jedi duel....can someone explain whats going on?
[/center]
now with pics by the notorious 12AM​

Quote:
Let's see, who is it that's been criss-crossing the country this past year (on his own dime I might add) organizing, planning, coordinating, conducting and participating in FREE sneaker competitions that allow shoeheads to meet IN PERSON, share their collections, meet industry luminaries, see hot kicks and generally geek out on their mutual love of shoes?

Who's risked his financial life to bankroll a magazine all about the thing that this community cares most about and yet refused the easy money of advertising from purveyors of fakes (something no other magazine in this space seems to care enough about to avoid)?
Quote:
You're here spewing nonsense about a messiah complex, now you're acting like your boss died for our sins.

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

jae oh en:
whats happening? haha can someone explain whats going on?
Basically, dude ... two things are happening.

#1- (like baby dill said)
baby dill:
This crap is ... downright pitiful.

I support the community.
No, I do.
No, he does, you do nothing.

#2-
Quote:
You're here spewing nonsense about a messiah complex, now you're acting like your boss died for our sins.
There ya go. N
wink.gif
Someone was deadset that this needs to be a competition between two websites instead of two websites existing in different form and function. Being neighbors isn't good enough. Like dill said ... it's pitiful.

Quote:
Man ... I can't get over the raw, undoctored truth in that.

I don't know you, cyjack/ Prof K ... but there's alot of truth in that quote, dawg.

Quote:

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> 23ska for short <<<<<<<[/b]
(Chick Hearn page from nba.com) I grew up going mainly to ANGELS and LAKERS games, but I will ALWAYS cheer for my wife's home team (UK WILDCATS) and ALL the rest of MY home teams (SPARKS, XTREME, CLIPPERS, PADRES, DUCKS, TROJANS, CHARGERS, AVENGERS, DODGERS, BRUINS, KINGS, GALAXY).​

JonnyBlazeNyc,

Nice post man.

If you think about it all, it is crazy.

In the very end, we all like sneakers. Some (also) use it to make money of, for most, it costs money.

But in the end, we all do like sneakers (yes even though I don't actively collect anymore, I do still love sneakers)

So why can't we all just get along and be happy.

I do like to point out, that in this case, RetroKid is a class act.

He's been on NT since (what, day one) well for a long time and we all know he works/writes for SC too.

Yet I would yet have to see him say one bad thing about NT/NT mods/admins.

I think we should all take a look at him. (and I'm sure he has read this, but was so smart to not make a reply).

DRT ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS:
TJP - The Jordan Palace
@ www.air-jordans.tk

OW'NAGE DESIGN LABS
@ www.ownage-design.tk

Quote:
Go ahead, ask JumpmanSt. Hes been to staff meetings. Hes seen how we operate. Did you forget that by insulting NikeTalk, youve insulted something hes worked hard on, too?
It must be difficult for Alex to read the comments on this particuliar board.

Personally, like i said in a previous post that I am a supporter for both Niketalk and Solecollector. I like the coverage the magazine has and at the same time appreciate everything Niketalk has become and that includes the members who know what they're talking about and the young, new members who go off thinking they know what they're talking about and really don't. BUT, we were all in that same boat before. FELL FREE TO CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG. All of us bring our opinions to a message board. I mean, isn't that what's it all about? Whether it be genuinely sincere or sadly sarcastic it's still a person's opinion. Now, when an individual comes on a message board whether it be NT or ISS and bashes them for their personal views about a particuliar subject then it becomes a personal war.

It's uncalled for and it is pitiful. You can disagree with someone, but there is a way to be professional and mature about it.

I have no favoritism towards Meth, Steve or Prof. K. I believe each person has some insight on the culture. Some of the things they've said I disagree and some I agree. I love shoes and the culture that lives within, BUT I miss the simplicity of having that love for shoes alone. True: it is easier to get shoes today than ever. I honestly like the convenience of eBay. I'm not the one to travel across the ways looking for a shoe that I may not find in my size. This is where Niketalk and eBay come into play. It has given me the opportunity to network with individuals alike. I'm not saying that ISS and the Solecollector events don't do that because they do bring the sneaker community together. But, like Meth DID say... it is more business at the SC events because I do see the advertising for the magazine and the shirts being sold. And true, since they're all held at Niketowns Nike is a big part of the event.

Now, for those who say Steve has put his 'life savings' and soul into the culture is a little bit too exaggerative.

BOTTOM LINE Both Niketalk and ISS/SC exist today not only because of their voluntary Admins, but because individuals like you and me who solely love sneakers support it. I don't live through Niketalk, but I do come to it more often than not. Everything is voluntary...
[/b]

JAYMATIK@AOL.COM

Wow. Like Babydill said, I find this post....pitiful. Unfortunate, ugly, sickening...what has happened? Did I miss something? When was this about personal beefs and not about the shoes? When did the place at which you talk about a passion of yours matter so much? Does Newsweek and Time have this type of beef? Where personal attacks are being thrown around like this is life and death?

Hmmm....I'm an Admin at ISS. For saying that, I may get banned and my opinions considered biased and therefore nonsense, but I'll continue. I'll try to be neutral, but take it how you like, these are my thoughts.

I found Meth's posts the most hypocritical of all. How one person would speak so much about respect, and yet instead of being the bigger man and being above personal attacks, he attacks different people in different posts. Its classic "but he hit me first!!" type stuff. Childish at best. What happened to being the bigger man and talking like real people to each other, instead of like soldiers on opposite sides?

Quote:
Whats it gonna be? The olive branch or bayonet? Do you want to bury the hatchet in the ground, or bury it in my back?
Are you honestly saying that a comparison between boards is like peace and war? Wow. It seems that most of your posts are putting words into other people's mouths...to be blunt about it, it seems that you take almost everything said here as a personal attack. Very sensitive. I am just saying my observations, maybe you see it different. But to me, your behavior is usually excused because (a) you are passionate about sneakers and (b) you are an administrator. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you speak so much about respect, why do you not give it to anyone else? Your posts are very defensive and your responses contain many snide remarks. Referring to another board as the "Sour Grapes message board." Making assumptions that someone's support for someone else means that they are "saving puppies from a meat grinder" among other things.

Quote:
If NikeTalk and its operators arent respected by Steve and ISS, why should NikeTalk continue to subsidize Steve and his business? Theres simply no logical reason for us to do so.
One, you say that you do not speak for the the entire community, saying you are one individual, but then you refer to nearly 15,000 as having the exactly same opinion. Hmmm...and then, as said, why do you keep bringing up the issue of respect, like you deserve it for some reason? First you blindly assume that Steve saying that cyjack's post was well written means he hates you, the other admins/mods of NT, and the community as a whole. Then when Steve tries to be the bigger man and realize that this is about the sneakers, you still think he is not respecting you and therefore, you should not respect him. I'm still lost here.

Quote:
Case in point, I find it rare you'll see one of the staff members bash a nike shoe for fear of losing their modship or giving the company a bad rep.
False. Are you now just guessing? You don't even check the board, how would you know? If you do check the board, why? Isn't it just a place for Steve to make an extra buck or two?

Quote:
On this board, we actually do allow other users to disagree with us, too.
Actually, last time I checked, my other username was banned because I disagreed with AirRev. Maybe I'll get banned for this one, but whatever. Better to voice an opinion than to stay silent.

Quote:
Its painfully obvious that references to NikeTalk are frowned upon at the ISS community.
Again, this thread is ugly. Ugly and disgusting. This is exactly why we don't allow the NT vs. ISS threads that NT embraces. They turn ugly. They plot board against board, for no good reason. They divide a once united community of sneakerheads, making it so that you are down with one clan or the other, and there is no neutral or indifferent. You either are a NT fan or an ISS fan, and there is no between. That's why it hurts to see the ISS>NT or NT>ISS thing in these threads. Heck, its even in the title of this thread now! (Which has gone awry) Is this what you want? Either you can move and be the bigger man about this, or embrace the board "rivalry" and continue the personal attacks against others. But its your decision, not mine.

My suggestion would be for everyone, whether you prefer this board of the other, whether you have a huge collection or a small one, whether you are a mod or admin or just a regular member - take a step back. Not literally, but honestly, look at what this is now about. This is now on the first page of the Nike forum, which should be filled with unique collections and new pickups. Instead, the thread at the top (probably) of the Nike forum at Niketalk.com has "NT VS ISS POST" in its title. You can call it war and peace, good vs. evil, or just plain funny - but I think its sad that its come to this point for both sides. I'm being non-biased - personally, I'm ashamed for both Niketalk.com and ISSforums.com.

Let's take a big step back and forget this stuff - let's remember what the Nike forum at NT was created for in the first place.

-Joe

Quote:
ISS mods are worse than niketalk ones. They got clicks there and one of the adminstrators there is racist. A 17 year old racist punk named jvini is an administrator. A freekin 17 year old administrator! They locked my friendly [member of both niketalk and iss] post for nothing
Sup. I still wanted an explanation why you called me racist, but whatever. By the way, your boy Hubie was banned, but keep hating if that floats your boat.

Quote:
You think my opinion doesnt matter, that I dont REALLY represent anyone, but youll claw tooth and nail to convince everyone within eyeshot that Im wrong just the same. Why do they need convincing?
Look, the reason I'm responding is because you're calling me and someone I know to be a good, damn hard working person liars and claiming that we do what we do for nothing more than the almighty dollar. That's completely false and I think it's reasonable that I should feel compelled to respond to that.

Quote:
You might defend Jordan brand, but would Jordan brand defend you? Before you were under his patronage, did Steve help you out?
This is what I don't understand. Because I think a position you've taken is unreasonable, I'm somehow defending Jordan? As I said a while back in a previous post, I've disagreed with you because I've disagreed with you. Could have been about adidas, New Balance, Nike, Reebok, whatever. If you came out here like jmadidas calling the T-MAC 4 a great performance shoe, I would have disagreed with you, just as I disagreed with him.

And, yes Method Man, Steve did help me out before I was "under his patronage." Contrary to your self-centered view of the world, you were not the only one who offered support. Sheesh, you seem to think that everything revolves around you. Do you somehow think that nothing goes on without your knowledge?

Quote:
Well keep working hard to ensure that this community remains open for all those interested in reading or participating in it.
More power to you man, I just hope it's true.

Quote:
My opinions are my own, and Im entitled to them whether you like them or not.
And where exactly have I said that you're not entitled to your own opinion?

Quote:
Lets get it straight; out of nowhere you decided to attack me simply for expressing a negative opinion of a Jordan brand product and you havent let up since.
You seem to have selective memory -- I responded to you when you accused me of being on Jordan's payroll or trying to "impress the people in Beaverton" after I disagreed with one of your many snarky comments about a Jordan product. At least be honest about that Meth.

Quote:
This, from the person who said to a group of NikeTalk members who dared dislike the design of the Melo 5.5,
Yes, I thought then and still think now that it's inane to hate on a shoe based on a PHOTOGRAPH of a PRE-PRODUCTION shoe snapped surreptitiously by some dude somewhere. There was a time when I think you would have encouraged people to act more reasonably as well.

And speaking of turning, I seem to remember a time when you giddily encouraged NikeTalkers to submit stories to the Jordan Brand catalog and actively defended Jordan after some NTers felt that they were wronged by the company in some way or another. I think that was about the time they published something you wrote in the catalog.

I haven't seen any submissions from you in recent editions of the JB mag and now all you seem capable of doing is hating on everything the company does. I wonder if the two are connected, or maybe the folks at Jordan spurned you in some other way? Perhaps they weren't too hot on a business proposition you submitted or simply didn't bow down deeply enough in the presense of the mighty Meth?

Does Jordan do some stupid things? Of course they do (the recent laser IV release being a perfect example). Do they put out some clunkers? Of course they do, which is why, in the last issue of Sole Collector, in which I reviewed every Air Jordan shoe, I handed out an "F," and several "C"s and "C-"es (I guess that's my crazy reverse psychology technique for currying favor with the folks at Jordan).

The difference between your criticisms and mine, Meth, is that mine are based on actual experiences with the products -- the vast majority of which I've bought with my own money -- as opposed to fuzzy camera phone snaps.

Quote:
Well, you chose to attack me and Ill continue to defend myself.
Man, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe in your world calling someone else a liar isn't a personal attack, but in my world it is.

Quote:
If Steve doesnt like me, if a few people in the industry dont like me, then Im sure its much easier for you to despise me as well.
Frankly, I could care less what anyone else in the industry thinks about you Meth. Here again is another example of this grandiose vision you have in your head. Do you think this is some sort of plot? Let me make it abundantly clear that it isn't -- I took issue with your statements and actions and acted accordingly. Contrary to what you seem to think, the people in the "industry" are not sitting around talking about you and trying to hatch plots to bring you down. This is coming from me to you. You and your fellow admin Bastitch are the ones who seem to want to drag others into this.

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade, or a tech flex lace cover pointless.
chris chicago, that's almost exactly what I wrote in my review of the XIX that was published in the last issue of the magazine. Here's the direct quote:
Quote:
"My guess is that the Tech Flex material covering the instep was meant to provide the added midfoot support that the XIXs otherwise minimal upper lacks, but the material is stitched into place with so much slack that . And even in this it leaves something to be desired, as the slack in the Tech Flex gives the entire lace cover a rather unsightly bulge."
Do I need to accompany my critiques with snides comments in order to have them accepted as valid criticisms?

To JonnyBlazeNyc, my apologies if my I3 Playoff II review hurt you personally, but I think you have to admit that that shoe was just awful on many, many levels.

And to answer your question, yes, I can honestly say that my opinions haven't changed since I've been on the payroll at Sole Collector. Witness the grades I gave to the Jordans in the issue noted above, which we all knew would be seen by everyone at the comany, and my review of the adidas T-MAC 4, for which I've received much heat, hate and criticism.

I can tell you, my life (and I suspect Steve's life as well) would be a lot easier if I just said that everything was hunky dory and gave every shoe stellar marks, but I haven't done that in the past, I'm not doing it now and I won't do it in the future. And I have huge respect for Steve for encouraging me to continue to tell it as I see it, irrespective of the response my reviews might elicit from any given manufacturer. I'm probably the source of some of his biggest headaches, and yet, for whatever reason, he keeps me on.

Quote:
But don't claim to have that same level of love we do, because I think your full of it.
So I'm not allowed to love shoes any more? I'm still not getting where this "we're better than you, so you need to take our word as gospel" thing is coming from? And don't forget Jonny, that by Meth's standards, you're as evil as I am because you *gasp* received money for working in a capacity related to shoes. So I guess you're not allowed to claim a love shoes any more either.

Quote:
I think it was just an excuse for cyjack to lash out and make his departure more accepting.
chris chicago, how exactly is this making my departure more "accepting"? Seems like the opposite to me, which is what I expected given that this is NikeTalk, where Method Man reigns supreme.

Quote:
I do like to point out, that in this case, RetroKid is a class act.
I couldn't agree more Dutch, and by staying out of this he's proven that he's also a much wiser man than I. ;-)

Quote:
Did you forget that by insulting NikeTalk, youve insulted something hes worked hard on, too?
JAYMATIK, I think that was a quote from Bastitch, no? And I find it ironic in that the things Meth has been saying about SC and Steve do the same -- i.e. insult something Rk worked hard on. Dude puts a lot of time into the mag, but I guess, according to Meth and JonnyBlazeNyc's logic, he's not a TRUE shoehead since he gets paid for it. I guess MJ didn't really love the game of basketball either, because he sure did get paid to play it.

I'll say it again -- I'm not the one here labeling some as true believers and others as heretics. I'm not the one asking people to choose between one person or one site and another. I'm not the one passing judgement on the level of anyone else's love for the game.

And I'm not going to do any of those things because I think that's just plain dumb. What I've done is disagreed with and then put forth an observation about a person in a position of power on this board, and I'd do it again and happily accept whatever comes my way because I believe everything I've written. If you want to judge me, judge me by what I've done and continue to do -- not what someone tells you you should think about me and my actions. That's all that I can ask.

no way in hell I'm reading all these paragraphs with the big words and small difficult to understand ones. This just turned into a NT/ISS pride fight if you ask me. I know if 2 NTers went at it like yall the thread would be locked with the quickness and someone would come in dropping a dime about maturity. Meth, you proved your point, if he wants to continue crying about it just let him be. Be the bigger man, walk away.
FREE PORN (hardcore)
Click one, I dare you
Want a free Photo Ipod?

Quote:
This is exactly why we don't allow the NT vs. ISS threads that NT embraces. They turn ugly. They plot board against board, for no good reason. They divide a once united community of sneakerheads, making it so that you are down with one clan or the other, and there is no neutral or indifferent. You either are a NT fan or an ISS fan, and there is no between. That's why it hurts to see the ISS>NT or NT>ISS thing in these threads. Heck, its even in the title of this thread now! (Which has gone awry) Is this what you want? Either you can move and be the bigger man about this, or embrace the board "rivalry" and continue the personal attacks against others. But its your decision, not mine.

ISS vs. NT thread

You don't allow it?

There is one right there in double digit pages. It's not locked and no one has been warned for makin it or postin in it. It didn't even start out as a post about shoes like this one did. It is straight up an iss vs. nt post.

And that link isn't ta prof k's post which is there in the same forum and it's turned into the same thing.

So again if you don't allow these threads that "NT embraces" then why are there TWO bein posted in daily?

And for the record i have seen 3 threads in general here insultin or attackin iss and all 3 were locked up instantly by dirty or bastich with warnins handed out.

And you said you banned caoch hubie? When? he was there postin just this mornin about the evils not of NT but of any NTer who disagrees with him.

laneshor.gif

Meth you have some strong views but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Since I've been in the game since the days Bobbito was ballin on the Dyckman blacktop and me and my crew were running cats off courts in the bx and so on.

I can see the fustration that the original post / story has created.
In regards to the slam dunk of the money hungry machine that is ISS.
I think there is another like ObiWan said in Return of the Jedi to Yoda.

ISS came into the game and they are a business that on the heels of a relationship with the swoosh has garnered support from some on this board and those resellers. Jr. Instyleshoers that in small part create the sneakerhead frenzy.

I would love to see if ISS is true to the game have a NT appreciation day or a Solecollector appreciation day and have retail to above retail prices on shoes for just 10 minutes and hour 1 day.

Take your olympics and your aj1's off there before you do so.
But on a serious note since that will never happen.

The infancy of the sneaker game began not so long ago before niketalk. Before many of you could afford a computer.

A few started out with vintageusa, then jersey joe, nikesteet ,etc.....

then the vultures came in and destroyed the shoe game.
But there is hope however.

Some people who want to give back to the game.

Stay tuned for the exciting developments that will arise from this riot. As a result I'm going to subscribe to kicksclusive.

Meth keep your head up. Keep sending it in like a big fella.

OG'n since 71

PS I would have loved to see iss sell a pair of those lebrons

Quote:
ISS vs. NT thread

You don't allow it?

There is one right there in double digit pages. It's not locked and no one has been warned for makin it or postin in it. It didn't even start out as a post about shoes like this one did. It is straight up an iss vs. nt post.

And that link isn't ta prof k's post which is there in the same forum and it's turned into the same thing.

So again if you don't allow these threads that "NT embraces" then why are there TWO bein posted in daily?

And for the record i have seen 3 threads in general here insultin or attackin iss and all 3 were locked up instantly by dirty or bastich with warnins handed out.

And you said you banned caoch hubie? When? he was there postin just this mornin about the evils not of NT but of any NTer who disagrees with him.
You are correct on that note...it was posted in a forum that we've always said that anything goes that is appropriate, and I felt that I should stick with this instead of bending the rules. Therefore, the post has remainded...notice the third post in it says "Do we really need to start this again?????????? I would rather lock this up right now.............." posted by a mod. It is understood that there are no double standards, that if we make a rule for a forum, we'll stick by it.The post about Prof K originally was in the Lounge, but I moved it to Flamethrower after it turned into NT vs. ISS. There was decent discussion going on besides the ISS>NT stuff, but to me, that is a dead issue. People got over it there while there is still an everlasting thread here. Same with the thread you linked to - notice how no one has posted in it for almost a week and its on the second page already. Seems to me that people got their kicks in, and now its over. Also notice how its a 11 page thread, and that almost every post from page 7 on is just Hubie and The Big Angry Shoe Monster going at it. Its not even an ISS vs. NT post at this point, its two members going at it for no real reason (I don't even think anyone else really reads that thread anymore, I think almost everyone has moved on, but thats just me). By the way, Hubie was banned this afternoon not yesterday.

The thread that "The Big Angry Shoe Monster" was complaining about I locked for that very reason - it turned into NT vs. ISS stuff, which is why I locked it (it started off asking if you were a member of both boards, and then turned into "NT>ISS" and ISS>NT"). There are other examples of it if you search hard enough. I've never embraced the ISS vs. NT debate which people seem to be so interested in. That's my view, maybe not necessarily the view of other ISS mods/admins or NT mods/admins. That's my personal view and the view I stick with.

-Joe

Quote:

exactly. Count rockula aka coach hubie is still there.

I say dont ban him at ISS man!!!!!!!! :lol:
laugh.gif
That would mean his strange racist butt will be back tryna come and ruin this board again :lol:
laugh.gif

dmcowboy, stick around......atleast to see the dope info and pics...thats what we all come to niketalk for. anything else is a plus :smokin
smokin.gif

Prof K,

Again I want to think you for your constant dedication to the sneaker community with the reviews over the years. As I previously stated it was really great to be able to go to Kicksology and get the valuable information I needed in regard to certain sneakers. Your reviews alone saved me hundreds of dollars, so I thank you for that.

Regarding the I3's, your right each company puts out duds all the time, and truthfully the I3's were a crummy shoe, so the review was earnest which I was happy about, however as I said previous, I was hurt because of my affiliation to the company. That my company could put out something of such lower quality was hurtful. However the review was fair and I thank you for that.

On to the topic at hand, I never stated that being payed for something automatically makes you anymore or any less of a " shoe head". In fact some of the biggest shoe heads I know are employed by companies such as Reebok, Nike, Adidas, and Puma. If that's what interpreted from my previous post than I should re phase it. What I meant to say is that what I've seen from Instyleshoes' business practices, in the past and present, it was always a means to an end for Steve. Weather that's true or not, that's the impression that I and many people received. Its no coincidence that many people see what I see when referring to the business practices of Instyleshoes. Weather its the outrageous prices'( again that's Steve's practice and what he does with his business is simply that, his business. Supply and demand is the essence of business, so while others may frown upon his prices, that's really their problem. However the prices in general are a tall tell sign of where his head is at. If it really was about love for Steve, and maybe it is, but to us if it really was about love, then the prices would be different.) or the flip flopping of comments. It has been stated numerous times that actions speak much louder than words, and from the actions I can see, Instyle has always been about dollars and cents, and not about a love.

Being payed for something has nothing to do with having a love for something. The difference is that some get payed for holding a job in an industry they eat and breathe, and others see it as a form of exploitation. Retrokid(Alex) is one of the biggest sneaker heads I know, and he gets payed for doing something he loves, so more power to him. However his actions over the years have showed how much he loves this culture. You yourself have showed over the years that you love this culture, I can't think of any reason that one would run Kicksology for so long without there being pay. Those years put in certainly show that it was about love for you

However what I was trying to say is that to many this love of ours is being unfairly exploited and used to gain a profit by many. Of course that's what happens when something hits the mainstream, that always happens. Remember Power Rangers? Pogs? Pokemon? The same thing happened to each of those, they were exploited by multiple parties.

My beef is simple. I feel that Instyle has exploited, and for that matter has done it for a long time, the sneaker community. Sole Collector is no different, it really is just another exploitation. You state that one such as Steve put together events such as the Chamber of Fear events for nothing, for no profit, as a simple give back to the fans. Well if this were the case, then why was Solecollector adds and Instyleshoe adds all over the place? Its simple, because the events were marketing for both business'. Weather or not that was the initial point of the affair or not, that's the impression that I and many sneaker heads got. The events were awsome, there's no doubt about that, but honestly it really was just a coming out of sorts for the mag and the site. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but again I bring it back to this

Actions speak louder than words.
[/b]
[/b]​

i understand that totally CowboyDM.

In essence the threads that are there are just like this ONE here so it isn't really fair ta say "This is exactly why we don't allow the NT vs. ISS threads that NT embraces." NT doesn't embrace them anymore than iss. Most people here are saddened or even disgusted that this happened at all. Just like the mod who wanted ta lock the thread at iss. He doesn't want it there but he deals with it. It's the same for most of us here. Like most the posts here aren't cheerin on this conflict, shoeheads against shoeheads just hurts everyone.

Quote:
Also notice how its a 11 page thread, and that almost every post from page 7 on is just Hubie and The Big Angry Shoe Monster going at it.

i was pretty involved in that thread myself. But i did actually PM a staff member first ta make sure what i was sayin and doin(which was pretty harsh)was allowed and accepted. He said yes so i went all out. His only purpose there was ta spread hate between brands and people and boards and i saw a chance ta speak my mind and i quite enjoyed it.

Lookin back now on this thread imagine how it would have gone if cyjack just e-mailed method man instead of postin his beef publicly.

Or if meth continued takin the high road and ignorin his post like he did at first.

Or if steve left out that first -nice post without writin a dissertation- reply.

This whole thing went wrong in so many ways and could have been squashed so many times.

the only question left is who stops first now?

Quote:
I've never embraced the ISS vs. NT debate which people seem to be so interested in.

It's like a car wreck. You can't help but look. But yeah like big said, you should stick around. Maybe you'll like it here. Maybe it'll show other people that the staffs of each respective board can actually get along.

Back
Top Bottom