the thread about nothing...

tumblr_m5zwfyWCQ81qaeptio5_500.gif

This has been truly a stellar year for me.

First my spot gets broken into

7 months later, my ******* storage unit gets cleaned out

:smh:

What did I do to deserve this :smh:

mean.gif

What did I do to deserve this
mean.gif
That sucks man! Someone is targeting you dude. Hire PI's that deal with stolen property. Even if you don't get it back you'll know who is up to it.

mean.gif

What did I do to deserve this
mean.gif
i'm sorry to hear that man. i've been having a ****** year too. you know what I think it is? it's that god damn blood moon. 
laugh.gif

Thanks B's.

It's an inside Wireman apprenticeship. 5 years to become an industrial journeyman. Electrician.

Dope man.Congrats

I'm tryna get a similar apprenticeship

What was the process of applying?

It depends on the trade and I believe also on the local.

Our local has 4 dates during the year where they accept applications. They're the the first wednesday of the beginning of the quarter I believe. The dates should be available online.

Basically,

1. Apply. This means meeting all of the requirement such as High school diploma or GED, proof of passing Algebra 1, and a driver license.

2. If you make it to this stage, its a placement test with basic English and algebra. The test reminded me of some freshman year/ 8th grade state testing.

3. Assuming you pass the test with a 70% or better, you get an oral interview. You meet with a number of the uppers of that local and they ask you all kinds of things.

4. You get a score and wait to be called for work. I was fortunate enough to only have to wait about 6 months to get in from the date of my application. It's fairly common for people to have to wait up to 2 years or more to start the apprenticeship.

5. Work and go to school. Sometimes it's night school. Every 3 months, you have a full week of class. Work 40 hours a week meanwhile.

6. Profit :pimp:

It depends on the trade and I believe also on the local.

Our local has 4 dates during the year where they accept applications. They're the the first wednesday of the beginning of the quarter I believe. The dates should be available online.

Basically,

1. Apply. This means meeting all of the requirement such as High school diploma or GED, proof of passing Algebra 1, and a driver license.

2. If you make it to this stage, its a placement test with basic English and algebra. The test reminded me of some freshman year/ 8th grade state testing.

3. Assuming you pass the test with a 70% or better, you get an oral interview. You meet with a number of the uppers of that local and they ask you all kinds of things.

4. You get a score and wait to be called for work. I was fortunate enough to only have to wait about 6 months to get in from the date of my application. It's fairly common for people to have to wait up to 2 years or more to start the apprenticeship.

5. Work and go to school. Sometimes it's night school. Every 3 months, you have a full week of class. Work 40 hours a week meanwhile.

6. Profit :pimp:

Yup, I'm waiting for my call from the local. It's been only a couple months, but i gotta job for now. Congrats tho zapatohead408 zapatohead408

Thanks for the info zap.

Hopefully 4/5 years from now all of us will be talking bout our journeymans license :smokin

Back
Top Bottom