the thread about nothing...

Best of luck on that apprenticeship 

that pulp fiction gif 
smokin.gif

On a slightly brighter note,

anyone know where to find some nice flannels? Specifically the one Kanye wore, need it for a Halloween costume. I'm being a hypebeast / kanye d rider

Last edited:
I have nothing to watch on Netflix since I finished Supernatural. I need to find somewhere to watch season 10 :nerd:

As long as im rhyming, im ben wallace on your wallets

Joey steady becoming my fav out

Morning Tan.  Hope everyone had a good weekend

How do you guys think Social Media is bad for us? 
Depends.  Some social media allows anonymity which allows people to say to meanest and most hurtful things without recourse.  I would say that is bad for us

But the real damnation of social media in my opinion is the giant pissing contest that it seems to become.  People project a fake persona online of who they want to be, or who they see themselves as, or who they want other people to think they are.  Honesty is rare.  People want other people to think they are cool...so they post pictures of them at parties, pictures of their material items to subliminally tell people look what i have and you don't.  

So many "look at what my BF just bought me....BEST BF in the world!!!" oh he bought that for you because he cheated on you....but you wouldn't tell the internet that.....you want people to think you are in a happy relationship

The backwards thing about it is you see all these posts, and pictures, and things.  But then when you hang out with the person they are nothing like what they have protrayed online.  Why?  Because an internet profile is basically how you want to be seen, not how you actually are (for the most part there are obviously exceptions and people that are genuine but in my experience the "look at me's" outweigh the honest ones)

/rant

Scarface is wildly overrated

Scarface is quite possibly the most overrated movie ever.... I can appreciate the rags to riches aspect, but the storytelling itself is awful. I really think most people say they like just because they think its the cool thing to say or something.

Acting from everyone in he film is mediocre

Pacinos fake Cuban accent was absolutely terrible

Poorly written dialogue with virtually no realistic person to person interaction.

Very little character development. As Tony moves up from nothing to becoming the Kingpin, he still remains the same egotistical cartoon of a person the entire film.. There is even less backstory and development for everyone else in the movie. There are huge gaps and they dont even bother to explain how his wife goes from hating him to being married to him.

Full of cheesy one liners that sound like their straight out of a campy Schwarzenegger film.

....And don't even get me started on that got damn synthesized sound effect whenever they do a closeup shot of Tony feeling some kind of way... Its literally like something straight out of a terrible b-grade monster movie. Like wtf ? :rolllin Absolutely comical.

So you just gonna pretend like the movie wasn't shot in the 70s and cocaine isnt a helluva drug??

Depends.  Some social media allows anonymity which allows people to say to meanest and most hurtful things without recourse.  I would say that is bad for us

But the real damnation of social media in my opinion is the giant pissing contest that it seems to become.  People project a fake persona online of who they want to be, or who they see themselves as, or who they want other people to think they are.  Honesty is rare.  People want other people to think they are cool...so they post pictures of them at parties, pictures of their material items to subliminally tell people look what i have and you don't.  

So many "look at what my BF just bought me....BEST BF in the world!!!" oh he bought that for you because he cheated on you....but you wouldn't tell the internet that.....you want people to think you are in a happy relationship

The backwards thing about it is you see all these posts, and pictures, and things.  But then when you hang out with the person they are nothing like what they have protrayed online.  Why?  Because an internet profile is basically how you want to be seen, not how you actually are (for the most part there are obviously exceptions and people that are genuine but in my experience the "look at me's" outweigh the honest ones)

/rant
Interesting - very interesting. I feel the same way. Social media/networking is such a BIG topic and there are so many things wrong with it. Realized after posting that this could go on and on 

Scarface is wildly overrated

Scarface is quite possibly the most overrated movie ever.... I can appreciate the rags to riches aspect, but the storytelling itself is awful. I really think most people say they like just because they think its the cool thing to say or something.

Acting from everyone in he film is mediocre

Pacinos fake Cuban accent was absolutely terrible

Poorly written dialogue with virtually no realistic person to person interaction.

Very little character development. As Tony moves up from nothing to becoming the Kingpin, he still remains the same egotistical cartoon of a person the entire film.. There is even less backstory and development for everyone else in the movie. There are huge gaps and they dont even bother to explain how his wife goes from hating him to being married to him.

Full of cheesy one liners that sound like their straight out of a campy Schwarzenegger film.

....And don't even get me started on that got damn synthesized sound effect whenever they do a closeup shot of Tony feeling some kind of way... Its literally like something straight out of a terrible b-grade monster movie. Like wtf ? :rolllin Absolutely comical.

So you just gonna pretend like the movie wasn't shot in the 70s and cocaine isnt a helluva drug??

Scarface is from the 80s, Godfather was the 70s.

I understand you may like the movie.... hell.... overrated as it is, I still like the movie.... but liking a movie and a movie being well written, filmed and acted are completely different things. Scarface is none of the latter and it has nothing to do with the time period. The Godfather was made over 10 years before Scarface and manages to blow it out of the water in every category from the writing, to the acting, to the cinematography. Michael Corleone was a well written character and Pacinos performance in The Godfather was great, his performance as Tony in Scarface is so bad it's bordering on the verge of comedy.

/rant

*The Rock clap gif*

I agree all the way. It's why, for instance (and tho it's very minuscule), I find myself posting memes on my Instagram more than anything else :lol: . Same goes for my Facebook posting funny vids, and that's rare because I don't use FB nearly as often as I did in the past.

A private life is a happy life. Broadcasting generally leads to problems and misconceptions.

Last edited:

I love Scarface

Here is a pic of me on the stairs of the drug deal scene where the guy falls that Tony kills

Back
Top Bottom