the thread about nothing...

Yea even in filipino leagues with height limits. They don't strictly enforce that rule anyway. There'll be 6 footers and 5'11 dudes in the 5'10 leagues.

They'd typically only enforce it if the guy is really good
I think the rules varies from league to league.

Hell, I'm 33 and was invited to play in the 35 and up league after I told them I was 5'11. I'm curious how this league is and what team I join.

The other Fil-Am league was strict with their height maximum when I asked twice lol.

Some filipino leagues are wild with it. Black and white friends of filipinos who are clearly not mixed but they get to play.

Look up Marlon Smith and Sundiata Gaines. They were ringers at my filipino league one yr :rofl:

That yr my filipino league was super stacked and fun to watch. It was basically filipinos tryin to one up their opponent's ringers until the league got really good.

Last edited:
So, I found out the gym that the league I'm playing in plays on these composite rubber tiles, instead of wood floors.

I'm preparing for my knees to be shot at the end of this game.
I'm looking to move soon and the place we are most likely to move to has a court with rubber tiles as well. Never played on a floor like that before.

I'm looking to move soon and the place we are most likely to move to has a court with rubber tiles as well. Never played on a floor like that before.
It's hit or miss. The last time I played on a court like that, my knees were sore for almost a week.

But I'm hopeful it's a decent court. If these 35 and up dudes are balling, I'd like to believe I could hang.

Some filipino leagues are wild with it. Black and white friends of filipinos who are clearly not mixed but they get to play.

Look up Marlon Smith and Sundiata Gaines. They were ringers at my filipino league one yr :rofl:

That yr my filipino league was super stacked and fun to watch
Too lazy to google prior to asking...Sundiata Gaines played for the Jazz didn't he?

Too lazy to google prior to asking...Sundiata Gaines played for the Jazz didn't he?
Yea Sundiata Gaines played for the jazz and the nets and maybe some other random teams for a few years.

Marlon Smith played point guard at Penn State, then played overseas.

Imagine those guys as ringers in a filipino league. :rofl:

There were also a dude who was rumored to be Rudy Gay's cousin. But dude wasn't that good. He was just tall and athletic.

0w9qddik4xb21.jpg

Think I’m going to do a juice fast / cleanse Wed to Friday. $30 a day. Need to get back to normal weight and jump start my system.

Just give it a try, man. I was just signed on to a team and I feel like tonight is my 'try out'.

Since you play in leagues regularly, any tips for me? I have a feeling I'll be coming off the bench, so my focus will be rebounding and defense, so I can give the team a boost of energy for 10 seconds :lol:

Idk what your play style is but know how to operate against a 2 3 zone and always pass fake when passing under pressure. Also always cut because too many guys like myself are kinda like John wall or Westbrook and wait for the ball at the half court line

Maybe don't wear deodorant so your defender doesn't want to get close to you

Idk what your play style is but know how to operate against a 2 3 zone and always pass fake when passing under pressure. Also always cut because too many guys like myself are kinda like John wall or Westbrook and wait for the ball at the half court line

Maybe don't wear deodorant so your defender doesn't want to get close to you
I'm naturally a 3/4. Preparing to play as a 4 tonight. But we'll see how organized this league is and if I'm on a team with a bunch of guards.

I'm comfortable shooting mid-range, but I don't want to get comfortable with just shooting. I prefer to establish my presence in the post and the incorporate an occasional jumpshot.

This some other level ish

I get really sweaty, but I don't smell.
I've had dudes complain that I'm too sweaty. Like da fuq am I supposed to do? FOH
Yeah, nothing you can do about that. Dudes who complain on that alone are sawft.

I'm naturally a 3/4. Preparing to play as a 4 tonight. But we'll see how organized this league is and if I'm on a team with a bunch of guards.

I'm comfortable shooting mid-range, but I don't want to get comfortable with just shooting. I prefer to establish my presence in the post and the incorporate an occasional jumpshot.

I know my biggest downside is my conditioning.

The team I was playing on won. It wasn’t like I was going hard either, I was more or less driving and dishing. It was hilarious when they stopped the game for 15 minutes to voice their compliant.
Sounds like a soft league

Personally I love it when they let ringers play.

Back
Top Bottom