the thread about nothing...

Well I heard someone say he had enough time to try to pump fake and draw a foul. Hindsight is 20/20 and it's easy to make calls from a couch.
Curry hardly pump fakes when he shoots, that’s not part of his shooting technique. I rarely see that when shoots behind the 3pt line. It’s a usually a quick release and nothing more than that.

I guess if curry air-balled it’s still considered a “good shot” even though it completely misses the rim or didn’t even touch the backboard it’s still a “good shot”

Curry hardly pump fakes when he shoots, that’s not part of his shooting technique. I rarely see that when shoots behind the 3pt line. It’s a usually a quick release and nothing more than that.

This is where I heard it. He broke down what both teams did wrong in the final seconds of the game. The man said in past videos he used to coach HS basketball in Southern California and has worked with the likes of Jennings, Derozan, Westbrook, Harden, etc.

This is where I heard it. He broke down what both teams did wrong in the final seconds of the game. The man said in past videos he used to coach HS basketball in Southern California and has worked with the likes of Jennings, Derozan, Westbrook, Harden, etc.

The pump fake technique or the hesitation pull up definitely works cause I used that move Thursday in a pick-up game. When I was in the corner, gave my opponent a little 1 legged 1-2 step jab with a hezzy and splash it in his eye. Had everyone saying “oohhhh damm” now if the shot I took bricked or air-balled I wouldn’t have called it a “good shot” cause we’ll damm it didn’t go in.

Regardless of the what curry thought of taking that shot that he did on Thursday night he has to live with it, cause in all honesty it was a bad shot.

nhxse4y3ld431.jpg

Quick question.

When you brick a shot is that consider a “good shot” even though you didn’t score a pt ?

The result shouldn’t matter, it’s about the decision.

When I play, sometimes i take bad shots that go in and good shots that don’t. I usually rethink about my plays and see where i made a good decision and a bad decision regardless of the outcome.

If I pass on my shot that was probably 40% to a teammate for an easy shot that was 70% for him and he missed, did i make a bad decision? He missed and i could’ve made mine. I think i made the good decision.

As for steph’s shot, that’s his shot so i’m not mad with the play, i think it was well done.

For Curry, it was a good shot. It was open, not some ridiculous range, and any time he shoots a three I think it’s gonna go it.

Damian Lillard’s game winner against OKC was a terrible shot for example, but since it went in people said it was a good shot.

Last edited:
For Curry, it was a good shot. It was open, not some ridiculous range, and any time he shoots a three I think it’s gonna go it.

Damian Lillard’s game winner against OKC was a terrible shot for example, but since it went it people said it was a good shot.
Here’s the thing you omitted they both were under pressure with finals seconds on the clock.

Steph curry under pressure takes bad shots.
He took an attempt and that was his “typical high percentage shot” that ended being a bad shot.

Damian Lillard’s game winner against OKC was a terrible shot for example, but since it went in people said it was a good shot.

The shot itself wasn’t bad for Lillard. He was within his comfortable range and was wide open. His long distance percentage in the playoffs backs this up.

60CFB9E1-9224-448B-A24E-5B3693B11418.jpeg
It was the circumstances of the shot that made it a poor decision. Game was tied. Paul George had 5 fouls at the time. A smarter decision would have been to draw a foul on George, and get to the line, or get him fouled out. That way when the game goes to overtime, the only thing keeping OKC in the game would be riding the pine.

A bad shot attempt for someone else might be a good attempt for Steph. That’s a pro and a con. He has too much confidence shooting bad shots. Steph good for shooting GSW out of the game trying to hit those “Steph” shots, when he could’ve just set his feet and took couple of good attempts to get back in rhythm.

The shot itself wasn’t bad for Lillard. He was within his comfortable range and was wide open. His long distance percentage in the playoffs backs this up.

60CFB9E1-9224-448B-A24E-5B3693B11418.jpeg
It was the circumstances of the shot that made it a poor decision. Game was tied. Paul George had 5 fouls at the time. A smarter decision would have been to draw a foul on George, and get to the line, or get him fouled out. That way when the game goes to overtime, the only thing keeping OKC in the game would be riding the pine.

Wide open?!
upload_2019-6-15_11-54-29.jpeg

upload_2019-6-15_11-53-51.jpeg

And i understand he had a good % for shots >30 feet but that shot was 37 feet. If it’s a good shot he should just bring the ball up every possession and shoot it from 37 feet.

Bad shot IMO.

Wide open?!
upload_2019-6-15_11-54-29.jpeg

upload_2019-6-15_11-53-51.jpeg

And i understand he had a good % for shots >30 feet but that shot was 37 feet. If it’s a good shot he should just bring the ball up every possession and shoot it from 37 feet.

Bad shot IMO.

Dude was like 4-5 feet off him and reacted at the last second. That’s a comfortable range for dame if you give him 4 feet of space. As highlighted by stats in playoffs alone.

4C5BA679-823F-40AA-85FD-BC507EFB3260.jpeg

Dame describes exactly why the shot wasn’t bad at 2:05-2:45

Dude was like 4-5 feet off him and reacted at the last second. That’s a comfortable range for dame if you give him 4 feet of space. As highlighted by stats in playoffs alone.

4C5BA679-823F-40AA-85FD-BC507EFB3260.jpeg

Dame describes exactly why the shot wasn’t bad at 2:05-2:45

Still 37 feet is not 30 feet and i still believe if it’s really a good shot for him then he should just shoot it every time he’s open from 37 feet.

Back
Top Bottom