the thread about nothing...

My exact sentiments about Canada. Would do it in a heartbeat. Been to Portland & Seattle like them both a lot but wouldn’t mind living an hour or two out from the city. Drove up to Portland before and scooped out a few decent towns along the way. I really wouldn’t mind getting out of Cali.
Thought about Seattle but I’m afraid Seattle might be too similar to the Bay Area and the costs of living there is just as expensive. Been to Portland twice, downtown Portland is just a little too weird but I really like the suburbs there, it has a different feel to it. Drove by other parts of town that’s more secluded but don’t remember the name, it’s not bad but it’ll take some time to get use to that type of environment. If I could learn how to speak Japanese, I would also move to Japan. I hope one day I will have enough courage to make the move. Besides the weather, the Bay isn’t a great place to live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drove down to Portland and got to check out the Nike Community Store. Didn't really see anything good except for the bigger sizes 10.5 and up...

Not being white I do feel limited where to move though. The Bay is different than any other place i’ve lived. There’s a true acceptance of not being white here and it’s not really the first thing that people find the need to talk about. It really shows up at work the most and feel much more comfortable here to be judged on the work I do. When i’ve lived in other states or outside the bay area i’ve always felt like a “minority”. Here, at least in my experiences, there’s enough different types of people that there isn’t that feeling of anyone being a minority or a majority.

The Bay is not perfect but i think that’s why it costs so much. Most minorities would rather live here, pay crazy rents, and escape from the this is white America feeling a lot of other places have.

what-marcellus-wallace-looks-like_o_597507.jpg

Not being white I do feel limited where to move though. The Bay is different than any other place i’ve lived. There’s a true acceptance of not being white here and it’s not really the first thing that people find the need to talk about. It really shows up at work the most and feel much more comfortable here to be judged on the work I do. When i’ve lived in other states or outside the bay area i’ve always felt like a “minority”. Here, at least in my experiences, there’s enough different types of people that there isn’t that feeling of anyone being a minority or a majority.

The Bay is not perfect but i think that’s why it costs so much. Most minorities would rather live here, pay crazy rents, and escape from the this is white America feeling a lot of other places have.
This post, the non-white portions the overall tone lead me to believe you are not black?

The director said it was originally going to be diamonds but it was too cliche
correct.

Also the band aid has nothing to do with the story. Ving Rhames has a nasty scar on the back of his neck. Since the scene is shot filming the back of his head, he requested his scar to be covered up.

Why would someone’s soul leave their body through the back of their neck? That’s the dumbest theory out there :lol:

I’ve always thought it was gold bars or anything worth a lot of money. Like in the Diner scene when Jules opens the briefcase for the robber he’s like “NICE! Is that what I think that is???”

If it was a soul he’d be like “NIIIICE, it’s Marcellus Wallace’s soul :pimp:. Don’t know what a soul is supposed to look like. Never met Marcellus Wallace. But NIIIICE :pimp:.”

No. The robber is interested in money or things that are worth a lot of money.

just saw the new Nationwide commercial and can't help to think that Peyton had those rape allegations swept under the rug :lol:

I like the soul theory.

Because it explains the divine intervention with the gunshots.
And the combination is 666
Also Vincent is a hitman, so if it was diamonds or gold or whatever he wouldn't have had that expression because he probably has seen stuff like that before. And those don't glow like that

But yea Tarantino said it's just a mcguffin

Back
Top Bottom