the thread about nothing...

Bro I’ve had high cholesterol since I was a teen. It’s hereditary and runs in my family. I’ve never gotten on meds because I’m afraid of the side effects.
I’m thinking the best solution is to get on meds for a little while until I bring my levels down then try to keep it down myself.
How long were you on for and what was the name of the medication?
My reading in 2018 was 300+ total

My reading at my last visit put me around 160

and thats with me not being good about the meds and missing like a 6 month time frame twice in there

I do work out regularly but could do to eat healthier

i just got a refill but i only take 1 med since my bp is in range. just generic lipitor

bad stuff in my fam history, i take the meds due to history of strokes with my dad and grandfather

base decision with your medical doc and on your own personal history

f46f3e00-2b81-4cca-a2ef-33ae11ce08dc-jpeg.2472330
Here we go again

So I finally saw “The Joker” at one of those final run movie theaters. Man, that movie made me uncomfortable and felt sad for the character. My little nephews are still bugging me about wanting to see it but there’s zero entertainment value for them as children, no Batman duel here. Plus, one likes to imitate movies he watches so that’s a big red flag for me. The movie reminded me of “Taxi Driver” which also happens to be Robert De Niro’s old character of a mentally unstable man.

So I finally saw “The Joker” at one of those final run movie theaters. Man, that movie made me uncomfortable and felt sad for the character. My little nephews are still bugging me about wanting to see it but there’s zero entertainment value for them as children, no Batman duel here. Plus, one likes to imitate movies he watches so that’s a big red flag for me. The movie reminded me of “Taxi Driver” which also happens to be Robert De Niro’s old character of a mentally unstable man.
A coworker said those exact words yesterday..

A coworker said those exact words yesterday..

Yeah man, watch that movie and you’ll see it’s almost the same thing in showing you how a man slowly starts to creep into madness and violence. Joker is just using a comic book villain for a mascot.

Edit: I also remembered another reason why the movie made me feel uncomfortable. I actually saw a woman go through one of those uncontrollable laugh episodes in person. Some poor lady couldn’t stop laughing at the thrift store. She broke out in tears (from embarrassment) and apologized only to have her break out laughing again even while trying hard to cover her mouth to stop making sounds. The security guard thought she was playing and was about to forcefully drag her out of the store,smh. Pretty sure that could’ve resulted in a lawsuit if she pressed, it is a real medical condition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom