the thread about nothing...

I’m also not the biggest Kobe fan. I was a fan of his up until the Lakers went up against my favorite player in the finals...Allen Iverson. Still, this one bothers me deeply. That and the fact his daughter passed as well.
Same, I can't even explain it. Think it has to do with having to respect him even if you are rooting against him.

People are wild insensitive. Saw a joke on FB I won't repeat here about Kobe but really makes you reconsider people. Like, how does that come to your mind in a situation like this? Even if you personally didn't care about Kobe or whoever people are mourning, that's not an excuse to make a joke because "you don't get it." People, man.

Can't believe we've lost both Nip and Kobe in less than a year :smh:
83323524_2635611406487918_2334599730815827968_n.jpg

This type of stuff isn’t normal by any means.
Never felt this way about the passing of someone I didn’t know personally. Never felt so connected to someone who I just admired from a distance. Life is precious man.
All of this. Never felt this way about a celebrity death ever in my life. I’m sick to my stomache and I’ve never met this man. Only idolized him my entire life and tried to craft my game after his.

Dawg...I just wanna go home and watch a bunch of old western conference playoff games.

Haunting.

I didn't watch LeBron's Saturday post-game interview until after Kobe's death and it's so surreal. From that perspective it's like LeBron was speaking as if Kobe already passed. I was never really a Kobe fan, but his impact in and out of the NBA is undeniable.

In my Italian language class in college, my professor showed us videos of Kobe speaking Italian and said how perfect it was and how beautiful his voice was

how are language classes in college compared to HS? Took three years of French in HS and it was absolutely useless

I took two years of HS Spanish and I found it somewhat useful. A lot of it has stuck with me and when I visited Colombia I was able to converse enough.

Though Spanish was one of my favorite classes and I liked my teachers a lot. I imagine the utility of HS class really depends on the teacher.

I took two years of HS Spanish and I found it somewhat useful. A lot of it has stuck with me and when I visited Colombia I was able to converse enough.

Though Spanish was one of my favorite classes and I liked my teachers a lot. I imagine the utility of HS class really depends on the teacher.
sounds like you had useful teacher’s. must’ve been nice.

how are language classes in college compared to HS? Took three years of French in HS and it was absolutely useless
IMO it depends on how much you make it your focus. I took 2 semesters of it 2 times a week, and it’s not as interactive as language classes in high school. Since I took two years of Spanish in high school and had the class every day, it was easier to retain information.

yall gotta watch this. one of the last living og gangster in the Colombo family who served rank as a captain. most are obviously dead.

he had second-hand information that Jordans huge gambling problem caused Jordan's dad to be murdered. of course, the mafias had their hands all around sports, including the nba. start around the 40:00 time stamp.

he also talks about his biggest gasoline scheme where he was collecting federal and state tax from the government racking in 10-30 million a week.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom