the thread about nothing...

I still don’t get how any of this would truly work. If this disease as contagious as experts are claiming there is no way just a month would work. Because the second people start interacting again it would start to spread. Like unless we thought all cases are done after that month and there’s no contagious people out there. Even if there just 100 contagious people it’d spread like wildfire.

The only reason it seems we’re doing social distancing is because a) we don’t know much about this virus and b) so that people get it slowly enough for hospitals to help during recovery for the people that need it. The only way this “goes away” is either through herd immunity where enough of the population got it and becomes immune or we develop a specific vaccine that people take so they are unable to get it. Both of those ends require at least a few more months.

In short what i’m saying is that a full one month lockdown wouldn’t solve anything imo even if we did it from the jump. All it would do is make us more ready to handle it than we currently are since hospitals aren’t being overrun. It would still require 3-12 months though i think before we can really be out of this.

I think what people are failing to grasp is that this is 100% unlike anything we’ve ever come across in our generation. It’s a new virus essentially. We’re so used to our usual diseases that as a global population we’re really unprepared for how to handle something like this. Pandemic is such a rare word that it’s only been used 3 times in recent history. This is arguably more important than if we went to war.

Im on the side of herd immunity though. Once we have enough knowledge of this virus I think it’s best to completely restart society for all healthy adults and let enough people get it so we can move past it. Doesn’t seem like we’re ready for that yet from a resource capacity wise. A place like Netherlands is much better prepared and they’re trying this. And even for them it’s stretching capacity beyond their well thought capabilities so they’ve started doing some basic social distancing to slow stuff down.

I think in a perfect scenario (i know captain hindsight) but you lock everything down...make sure there are enough tests and you test everyone and when you find the infected ones make them quarantine. Until they are better. This is also do-able by social distancing if people actually cooperated. But due to the slow roll out of restrictions it allowed (IMO) the virus to spread.

You are probably right though we prob would have to have strict restrictions for 3 months to win and people would have never gone for that.

Anyway i hope everyone is healthy and doing what they can to make it through this

InsignificantHastyChevrotain-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
I am grateful to see all of the right people are afraid of this virus. Your wealth, your status socially, will not protect you from this. Every time Trump opens his mouth, more people seem to die.I am certain that this is a curse for putting people like Trump, Boris Johnson, Putin, in office.

MW2 has been remastered , but the the campaign only, and not the multiplayer which made the game iconic.

trash.
The highs and lows I experienced reading this. :smh: I get it though, hardcore gamers say it’s a broken game. What they don’t understand is that’s what made it so fun and popular. It was like the NBA Jam or NFL Blitz of FPS.

MW2 has been remastered , but the the campaign only, and not the multiplayer which made the game iconic.

trash.
I'm okay with this. Playing the storyline in MW was cool to see the game continue to the story mode of MW2. I look forward to replaying the remastered storyline.

And I read that some of the maps from MW2 will be added to the game. Hopefully it's a free update.

I'm okay with this. Playing the storyline in MW was cool to see the game continue to the story mode of MW2. I look forward to replaying the remastered storyline.

And I read that some of the maps from MW2 will be added to the game. Hopefully it's a free update.
i never actually finished the campaign, to busy handing out L's in multiplayer. My psn inbox was filled with death threats from that game alone.
good times.

i never actually finished the campaign, to busy handing out L's in multiplayer. My psn inbox was filled with death threats from that game alone.
good times.
Yeah, I feel like I'm the opposite where I need to complete the story mode first, before jumping into multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom