the thread about nothing...

tumblr_ovnih40ftr1ulfp4fo1_1280.jpg
That this was a c flyness c flyness post for a sec lol

I feel like that's the majority of the human race, unfortunately.

Look at drinking. It's liquid poison and has no positive health benefits ...but we use it for a good time. :lol:
60 minutes interviewed a research group who surveyed over 15,000 elderly people and found conclusive evidence that people who had 1-2 alcoholic drinks a day lived longer than sober people
they also said it didn't matter what type of alcohol. fascinating episode

they also said things like multivitamins had zero correlation with living longer

Last edited:
heres an article that talks about some of the stuff on the episode

"People who exercised definitely lived longer than people who didn't exercise. As little as 15 minutes a day on average made a difference," says Dr. Kawas. Keeping active in non-physical ways, such as socializing, playing board games, and attending book clubs, also was associated with longer life. "For every hour you spent doing activities in 1981, you increased your longevity, and the benefit of those things never leveled off," she tells Stahl.

Kawas tells Stahl that being obese at any age is unhealthy. However, she found that older people who were moderately overweight or average weight lived longer than people who were underweight. "It's not good to be skinny when you're old," Dr. Kawas says.

Vitamins didn't seem to affect longevity, but alcohol intake did, with people who drank up to two drinks per day having a 10-15 percent reduced risk of death compared to non-drinkers. "A lot of people like to say it's only red wine. In our hands it didn't seem to matter," says Dr. Kawas.

its comforting to know being fat when your elderly is beneficial to your health

60 minutes interviewed a research group who surveyed over 80,000 elderly people and found conclusive evidence that people who had 1-2 alcoholic drinks a day lived longer than sober people

they also said things like multivitamins had zero correlation with living longer
Yeah......I don't buy into any of that. They try to pull the same BS with coffee. More stuff to push sales and business.

There's a lot of missing info there. What are the diets, habits, and family history of both parties ?

If I drink 2 beers a day with a decent diet, it's fair to assume I'll live longer than the sober dude, who eats fast food everyday, and doesn't drink water.

Yeah......I don't buy into any of that. They try to pull the same BS with coffee. More stuff to push sales and business.

There's a lot of missing info there. What are the diets, habits, and family history of both parties ?

If I drink 2 beers a day with a decent diet, it's fair to assume I'll live longer than the sober dude, who eats fast food everyday, and doesn't drink water.
you and promac are both correct. you need to see the episode as that article is a very brief summary.
the surveys took in to account everything in their life. of course conclusions aren't drawn off small outliers of data

all they did was take the information and draw conclusions off of peoples habits
even though the title is misleading it wasn't some company trying to sell a longer life.
they merely just relayed the information they found.

you and promac are both correct. you need to see the episode as that article is a very brief summary.
the surveys took in to account everything in their life. of course conclusions aren't drawn off small outliers of data

all they did was take the information and draw conclusions off of peoples habits
even though the title is misleading it wasn't some company trying to sell a longer life.
they merely just relayed the information they found.

I hear you, and there could be some truth to it. Alcohol is known to relieve stress, and stress is very harmful to your body

60 minutes interviewed a research group who surveyed over 15,000 elderly people and found conclusive evidence that people who had 1-2 alcoholic drinks a day lived longer than sober people

I’ll pour up to that..

F2FEFB66-D213-47E6-97B0-7AE1C55A1FC3.gif

I hear you, and there could be some truth to it. Alcohol is known to relieve stress, and stress is very harmful to your body
i think there's more to it
did some deeper diving. look it up. there's actually tons of alcohol and cardiovascular studies

alcohol also thins your blood leading to less chance of blood clots and consequently less chance of cardiovascular diseases which cause almost 50% of the deaths in much of the world.

Back
Top Bottom