the thread about nothing...

Spent 20 minutes and refinanced my student loan. That was easy. Dropped the rate from 4.8% to 3.99%. Could of gotten lower but want to lower monthly payment to stack cash for a house the next 2-3 years.

I remember when i refinanced my college loans from 13.5% to 9% and i thought my life was saved. Was so messed up that these companies market themselves as "saviors" and its like we will still offer you high rates but its lower then sallie mae so "we are for the people!"

Whole lending industry is predatory

old boss asked if i was willing to fill in part-time (paid) since the employee that filled my position was leaving
would be open to the idea, but place was a **** show and toxic environment when i left

I remember when i refinanced my college loans from 13.5% to 9% and i thought my life was saved. Was so messed up that these companies market themselves as "saviors" and its like we will still offer you high rates but its lower then sallie mae so "we are for the people!"

Whole lending industry is predatory
They're legal pimps

I start dinner for the wife.

I need to use the restroom.

Tell wife, "hey your steak is in. It's got about 1 minute left. We also have on rice. Please be sure to watch them."

Come out of restroom. Shes got her steak. I walk to the kitchen. Rice is still going. Its burning.

Me: oh no
Her: what
Me: did you forget about the rice?
Her: I did forget about the rice.
Me: how did you forget?
Her: well, I grab my steak and started eating and working with our daughter. I wasnt thinking about no rice. and I dont know how you cook rice. (This is the excuse that drags me in).
Me: you just check it.
Her: its stuff I cook that you dont know how I do it so dont try and blame me...
Me: if there was something I didnt know how to cook, you'd tell me to just check it and stir.
Her: well I didnt start the rice so I'm not finna take no blame for this.
Me: baby, you forgot the rice, right?
Her: yes
Me: so, how hard is it to say, damn I did forget the rice. My bad.
Her: blahblahblah.

I proceed to spend the next 5 to 10 minutes explaining that the rice doesnt ****ing matter. No one is going to get in trouble cuz the rice burned. But for simplicities sake. For sanity's sake. For the sake of not arguing...how ****ing hard is it to say "my bad, I forgot the rice."

She sticks to the bull**** "I didnt start the rice" line of defensiveness.

This **** looks bleak.

Tell wife, "hey your steak is in. It's got about 1 minute left. We also have on rice. Please be sure to watch them."

Come out of restroom. Shes got her steak. I walk to the kitchen. Rice is still going. Its burning.

Her: well, I grab my steak and started eating and working with our daughter. I wasnt thinking about no rice. and I dont know how you cook rice. (This is the excuse that drags me in).
Her: its stuff I cook that you dont know how I do it so dont try and blame me...
Me: if there was something I didnt know how to cook, you'd tell me to just check it and stir.

I proceed to spend the next 5 to 10 minutes explaining that the rice doesnt ****ing matter. No one is going to get in trouble cuz the rice burned. But for simplicities sake. For sanity's sake. For the sake of not arguing...how ****ing hard is it to say "my bad, I forgot the rice."

This **** looks bleak.
If you want something done right, do it yourself. I have learned to not trust people, even to do the most basic tasks.

This **** looks bleak.

I was chuckling until the last part. Hang in there man.

This **** looks bleak.

Man, you went for Blood with that question

We will always be wrong, even when we are right.

She probably flipped it in her mind as you BLAMING her, which she could in turn become the victim.

As I get older, I am just learning to say, "Cool. Ok" and just move on without the back and forth.

It is hard though.

Last edited:
Where do yall think lack of taking accountability comes from ? (I'd say guilt)

I don't want to be in a relationship where my partner can't take accountability.

We can't be harmonious as a unit, if we both can't accept what is.

WMMpHwN.gif

Where do yall think lack of taking accountability comes from ? (I'd say guilt)
Pride and insecurity imo...
Pride is a defense mechanism to protect something deeper. Most ppl who can't admit when they're wrong have issues with insecurity, low self esteem, or emotional fragility. Pride is used as a shell to cover that up. It won't allow them to admit they're wrong as a defense mechanism to protect the insecurites.

Pride is only a defense mechanism to protect something deeper. Most ppl who can't admit when they're wrong have issues with insecurity, low self esteem, or emotional fragility. Pride is used as a shell to cover that up. It won't allow them to admit they're wrong as a defense mechanism to protect the insecurites.
Good insight. The adults we see in everyday life are better described as large children; many people don't have a grip on their emotions.

man should be able to trust his wife though

should
Depends on what you mean by "trust". I think you mean trust as in wanting and willing to do what is best for their children, then sure. But I was referring more to following instructions to the T. When I give someone instructions to do something, I expect them to follow about half of it or else I am setting myself up for disappointment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom