the thread about nothing...

we only work may 1st - thanksgiving because of the weather. Paving in mn isn’t a very long season. Maybe we’ll start in April if it’s nice.

Some people go ham on the hours but we aren’t that kind of place. We’re for the guys who want a life still. Other companies run 80 hours week in and week out. Dudes are making 100k though in 6 months with all that double time and Ot. I’d do it if I was like 20 with no kids.
Oh ok, now it makes sense. Man 80 hours is brutal but the pay off sounds nice. I hear ya it's easier to work those kinds of hours when we're young & no family responsibilities. What is there to do post Thanksgiving? Job wise

Been staying with the fam for the past few months during Rona shutdown bc I figured it would make more sense to stay with them and be around them than to be alone and not be able to visit and risk giving them anything (parents are 60+)

Anyways, the other night I was chillin in the room and my brother was down the hall on his PS4 loud as **** and I wanted to sleep, so I shut my door. Ventilation in the room I'm in is trash so it gets hot when the central air is running and the door is shut. So when he turned the PS4 off I got up and opened the door then laid down and eventually fell asleep.

I wake up next morning and the door was closed and locked. I was confused but assumed someone closed it for whatever reason. So I ask everyone in the house the next day if they closed my door and everyone said no. Which is crazy bc it was closed AND locked. Creepy ****.
R.I.P. bro

j01lfkfq9ke51.gif

Oh ok, now it makes sense. Man 80 hours is brutal but the pay off sounds nice. I hear ya it's easier to work those kinds of hours when we're young & no family responsibilities. What is there to do post Thanksgiving? Job wise

I just plow snow for cash and work in restaurants and still collect unemployment. :lol:

I might say screw unemployment this year though and just go trucking on the books and make more money if I can find someone who respects the fact that I will be leaving in April to go paving.

mplsdunk mplsdunk

Would you ever move from the MidWest?

yes I would love to, but my daughter is 14 so I have to wait. The plan is to either move to the west coast somewhere full time or get a winter house down south.

I couldn’t move down south full time though they don’t pay well but if I moved to the west coast with their strong unions I’d make good money.

I just plow snow for cash and work in restaurants and still collect unemployment. :lol:

I might say screw unemployment this year though and just go trucking on the books and make more money if I can find someone who respects the fact that I will be leaving in April to go paving.
Yeah I figure snow removal would def be lucrative in MN during the winter. A lot of guys here do that as a side hustle during winter assuming they have or can loan a truck somehow. I've been thinking of driving a Mr. Softie Icecream truck during the summer months here just for the heck of it lol. A lot of $ to be made in the 5 boroughs with a hustle like that. Collecting unemployment is great. When you say trucking is that cross country with a CDL license & everything? That could work esp since you'll be letting them know ahead of time what your plans are come April

Yeah I figure snow removal would def be lucrative in MN during the winter. A lot of guys here do that as a side hustle during winter assuming they have or can loan a truck somehow. I've been thinking of driving a Mr. Softie Icecream truck during the summer months here just for the heck of it lol. A lot of $ to be made in the 5 boroughs with a hustle like that. Collecting unemployment is great. When you say trucking is that cross country with a CDL license & everything? That could work esp since you'll be letting them know ahead of time what your plans are come April

yeah I just run a skid steer for a landscaping company and do some gas stations and town homes. It’s good money but I don’t really like doing it.

Is it like a franchise kind of? Like you just buy the truck and they got the whole system in place? Go for it and be the next big worm. :lol:

I’ve always had my cdl you need it for most construction jobs, I have a dump truck that I move machines with as well as haul with at work.

I’d just do some local stuff and be home every night, I’m not about that over the road life.

Back
Top Bottom