the thread about nothing...

Ah oui, ca fais 5 ans deja, le temps vol :frown:, mtn j'ai mon propre cabinet, on est que 5 avocats mais ca va, on tous commence quelque part non ?

Waiting for my shoes from Fedex to come
hqdefault.jpg

What would y'all do in this situation?

A professor I want to work with for grad school contacted me for a web meeting after I submitted an application (this is in another state). It went well, and they unofficially told me that I will receive an offer of admission but the official offer won't be until April. They went as far as providing me an outline for goals at different stages of the program, advice for what to do until Fall, a green light for contacting them with any questions in the meantime, and even referred me to one of their PhD students. Nothing is official, but this is great news. I'm waiting for the decisions of other programs as well.

On the other hand, I was contacted to schedule an interview for a Research Analyst position early March. Should I tell the employer that I applied to grad programs for Fall? I feel like it's a dirtbag move not to, since this is an analyst position, and they probably had an extensive selection process. On the other hand, there are no guarantees of admission yet. I was just trying to secure something if grad school doesn't work out for me, and I thought that not mentioning grad school in my resume would be helpful.

Last edited:
My complex is doing my boy dirty. His apartment flooded and will take a month to fix. They'll be upgrading it also. If he moves back in to that same unit, they said his rent will be higher AND he'd have to pay a transfer fee AND he'd have to pay rent for the month he doesn't live there :rofl: I told him that he should talk to a lawyer and get the news involved.

The apartment business make no sense to me. “You want another lease? Ok, we’ll raise have you rent. Oh you want to leave? No worries. We’ll renovate and rent it to someone else for cheaper than what you were paying.” Lolwut

Every day difficulties to go to bed while loving sleep, every morning don't want to wake up to go to work :lol:
Only advantage to be tired is you don't have time for futility like when you're drunk
Having a good night of sleep, a good bath etc makes you optimal, and sometimes this isn't a good thing to be at your 100 % with some people
Let them think you're sleepy :smokin Time to get sneaky oh wee

What would y'all do in this situation?

A professor I want to work with for grad school contacted me for a web meeting after I submitted an application (this is in another state). It went well, and they unofficially told me that I will receive an offer of admission but the official offer won't be until April. They went as far as providing me an outline for goals at different stages of the program, advice for what to do until Fall, a green light for contacting them with any questions in the meantime, and even referred me to one of their PhD students. Nothing is official, but this is great news. I'm waiting for the decisions of other programs as well.

On the other hand, I was contacted to schedule an interview for a Research Analyst position early March. Should I tell the employer that I applied to grad programs for Fall? I feel like it's a dirtbag move not to, since this is an analyst position, and they probably had an extensive selection process. On the other hand, there are no guarantees of admission yet. I was just trying to secure something if grad school doesn't work out for me, and I thought that not mentioning grad school in my resume would be helpful.

Sticky situation, worst case scenario is you having to tell midway into the process.

Just go ahead and let them know you're in the process to get in.

Back
Top Bottom