the thread about nothing...

What do you think would have happened had the boyfriend not gone and grabbed the gun?
And I'm sincerely curious, what do you think would have happened? Let's say bf doesn't get the gun repeatedly says please leave the property. Keeping dead dads emotions in mind- what do you think he does next?

And I'm sincerely curious, what do you think would have happened? Let's say bf doesn't get the gun repeatedly says please leave the property. Keeping dead dads emotions in mind- what do you think he does next?
Both parties walk away alive and to tell their sides of the story, which is a much superior outcome.

The dad never got physical until the boyfriend decided to escalate the situation and take matter into his own hands.

There’s an old adage in cognitive behavioral therapy that you can’t control the world around you, but you control the way you react to the world around you.

Why is the dad responsible for the boyfriend’s reaction?

Also you’d agree the outcome would have still been better had he not decided to get the gun, right?
That adage is absolutely true.

The dad is responsible for the boyfriend's reaction because he refused to leave, got into the ex's face all the while being aggressive & intimidating. Harassing them to get his way. They asked em multiple times to leave & finally he had had enough got his weapon to send him a message EVEN GAVE DEAD DAD A WARNING SHOT!!! and dude STILL tried his luck.

I 1000% agree if the gun didn't come out this would've ended without someone losing their life. But because he reached for it he is responsible for his own death. That's just not smart man.

Both parties walk away alive and to tell their sides of the story, which is a much superior outcome.

The dad never got physical until the boyfriend decided to escalate the situation and take matter into his own hands.
Agreed it's a much superior outcome.

Why did the dad think it was OK to get physical? You got a barrel pointed in your direction, you're going to choose to get physical? Or be like aight, this dude ain't playin he's about that life, lemme put this machoness aside & walk away while I still can. Who really took the matter in to their own hands? Going by what you said, I feel like(I may be wrong) you're saying self defense is not an option.

Agreed it's a much superior outcome.

Why did the dad think it was OK to get physical? You got a barrel pointed in your direction, you're going to choose to get physical? Or be like aight, this dude ain't playin he's about that life, lemme put this machoness aside & walk away while I still can. Who really took the matter in to their own hands? Going by what you said, I feel like(I may be wrong) you're saying self defense is not an option.
this is not the first time that someone lost their lives because they thought their fist/mouth is mightier than the gun. there are numbers of people that lost their lives just to prove their balls is bigger than the barrel.

Both parties walk away alive and to tell their sides of the story,

which could be true but I don't believe it would be a superior outcome. I believe such incident wouldn't go boiling over time. the question is when it would blow up. you could say you just postponed or added to the fire.

25 years ago today

Screenshot_20211127-155113_Instagram.jpg

which could be true but I don't believe it would be a superior outcome. I believe such incident wouldn't go boiling over time. the question is when it would blow up. you could say you just postponed or added to the fire.
Aside from a couple minute snapshot of the relationship, what do you base this opinion off of?

Also how is everyone surviving not a superior outcome?

this is not the first time that someone lost their lives because they thought their fist/mouth is mightier than the gun. there are numbers of people that lost their lives just to prove their balls is bigger than the barrel.
THANK YOU!!! Truer words have never been spoken bro. At least someone gets it 👍

Aside from a couple minute snapshot of the relationship, what do you base this opinion off of?

Also how is everyone surviving not a superior outcome?

the video is long enough to base one's opinion. man, this video is even much clearer than the rittenmouse case.

it is not superior when you just postponed it. nothing was settled of what started as an already volatile relationship. the situation speaks volumes. separated, child custody or visitations , spiteful conversation. dead dad appears to get want his frustration/aggression let out. the child visitation aspect of it is just another fuel to the dead dad's rage. more likely the dead dad had anger management issues considering he only has visitation rights. the point of trying to prove that you are right is asinine if you end up dead. you don't get point when you are dead.

Green shirt was wrong for pulling out a gun.
Black shirt was wrong for trying to grab his gun.
Both unnecessary ego trippin.
I'm not gonna pretend like green shirt couldnt have responded differently for things to have changed. And I absolutely agree him attempting to grab the gun is what did him in.

That said, he would have to have done so much more for me to ever feel like his death in that situation was justified. 2 grown men yelling st each other and only thr guy without the gun is in the wrong? As Westbrook said, yall ****** trippin.

I'm not gonna pretend like green shirt couldnt have responded differently for things to have changed. And I absolutely agree him attempting to grab the gun is what did him in.

That said, he would have to have done so much more for me to ever feel like his death in that situation was justified. 2 grown men yelling st each other and only thr guy without the gun is in the wrong? As Westbrook said, yall ****** trippin.
Agreed.

I got them mixed up. Black shirt guy with gun & green shirt guy trying to grab gun. Anyways, both definitely in the wrong. I can't see how anyone would think only one side is to blame. It seems like both came together to create a perfect storm.

Dude weak af for pulling out a gun for something like this where dude is obviously not a major threat. It's just an argument. Call the cops. But you also don't try to grab someone's gun on his own property. Walk away. Sad situation all around.

Back
Top Bottom