the thread about nothing...

1644416747740.jpeg

I’m a Black educator in Seattle. Donorschoose is matching every donation today.

The price of school pictures continue to rise throughout our district, leaving many students without the means to afford pictures. My project is for a camera that I’ll be able to take student’s pictures for them to take home and so they’re included in the school yearbook. Memories are important. An equitable picture experience will go a long way in helping inclusiveness regardless of social class. If you can, please donate

Just read a story about a mother in Georgia facing up to a year in prison cuz she left her 14 year old daughter home alone to babysit her younger siblings during the pandemic (14 year old was doing online class and a 4 year old sibling saw his friend outside and went outside on his own to play without the 14 year old noticing).

My mother used to leave me at home alone at like age 8 or 9 for a full work shiftwhen she had to. Not constantly, but enough for me to remember. Rules were simple. Dont answer the door, the phone, or touch the stove. I turned out okay.

Really baffled that 14 isnt old enough to be left home alone.

Really wish I had a good 4-6 months without distraction to figure **** out. But I need funds to survive. Feel like I've been stressed for like a year and change straight.

Back
Top Bottom