the thread about nothing...

FB_IMG_1659811330545.jpg

A close friend of mine recently went to Tunisia - he’s turned into one of those wandering nomad type people. Haven’t heard from him in a few days and he turned off all his social media and phones and stuff. Got everybody over here worried. His brother called me freaking out a bit he’s hopping on a plane to Tunisia. Not sure what the plan is.

A close friend of mine recently went to Tunisia - he’s turned into one of those wandering nomad type people. Haven’t heard from him in a few days and he turned off all his social media and phones and stuff. Got everybody over here worried. His brother called me freaking out a bit he’s hopping on a plane to Tunisia. Not sure what the plan is.
Yall are probably more worried than he is.

Yall are probably more worried than he is.

That’s what the logical part of me is saying. I think his brother heard thru someone else that he’s not been eating much food lately and is on that if i go i go tip which could be a whole lot of misinterpretation 3rd party indirect stuff. Juz sucks not to be able to get a hold off him. Everyone’s cool with giving him space he’s done it before but he’s usually really transparent and good about saying he’ll be off grid for a while.

Sweltering heat today.
Did the ocean air help any? I can’t imagine running that long and not taking a quick break, haha.

Yesterday I was driving at work and something bounced off my truck going down the highway and I couldn’t see what it was. Then it flew off the exhaust pipe and by my head and landed on the floor. When I stopped I look for it and it was a 🦇

RIP little 🦇
1659822370232.gif

That’s what the logical part of me is saying. I think his brother heard thru someone else that he’s not been eating much food lately and is on that if i go i go tip which could be a whole lot of misinterpretation 3rd party indirect stuff. Juz sucks not to be able to get a hold off him. Everyone’s cool with giving him space he’s done it before but he’s usually really transparent and good about saying he’ll be off grid for a while.

Where else has he gone?

How do his parents usually react to situations like this?

I felt bad for the bat. He was just minding his business and here I come and truck him at 75 mph.

I buried him in an asphalt tomb at my job. The owners will never know I started pet cemetery there. 🤫
I feel you man. I accidentally ran over a baby possum and was teary eyed afterwards, totally didn’t mean to.

It’s going to be haunted by a bat, nice job haha.

Did the ocean air help any? I can’t imagine running that long and not taking a quick break, haha.
Didn't help. It's pretty muggy out here. I would suggest maybe running at a slow comfortable even pace. It helps build endurance, although my endurance is not what it was a year ago. I'm down to only 2 runs a week due to work. I look forward to these runs but my body dreads it at the same time.

Where else has he gone?

How do his parents usually react to situations like this?

His brother somehow found out the hotel he was at in Tunisia and called it and got connected through to him. And it sounds like he’s having a mental breakdown, hasn’t eaten for a few days, said he’s ready for it to end, and his last wish is to just leave him alone, really weak and stopped breathing twice last night etc. But at least he was able to argue about it for 30 mins so in some ways it’s a good sign he has the strength to do that. Not sure of the deets but seems like he’s telling hotel staff he’s okay. Think his brother called the hospital and police not sure what’s going on…but looks like he’ll get to Tunisia around 5 pm tomorrow. So hopefully nothing too crazy happens in the next 24 until he can get there.

And to ur actual question - he’s travelled all around the world and stayed in countries for months. He’s a self development coach (ironically) and helps people heal and gain confidence. We were just texting normally less than a week ago about stuff so no idea where this all came from.

Didn't help. It's pretty muggy out here. I would suggest maybe running at a slow comfortable even pace. It helps build endurance, although my endurance is not what it was a year ago. I'm down to only 2 runs a week due to work. I look forward to these runs but my body dreads it at the same time.
Ah, I got you. I’ve been there before, your body gets comfortable once it’s moving for 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom