the thread about nothing...

cxr3xqf2i1ha1.jpg

Last edited:
Mark my words; Jeep Wranglers popularity are going to crash hard with the next 5-7 years. They’re the UGG boots of vehicles.
Already happening. Something else that has hurt them is more people are learning how drastically they changed their warranty policy. You can't do anything in a Jeep or to a Jeep anymore. Damn near everything voids the warranty.

Today in sneaker history: The Air Jordan XVII College Blue made it’s debut on February 9, 2002.

1675966974998.jpeg
I still remember this point in time. I was in the 8th grade & the hype behind this shoe was so out of this world. The colorway, the extras, the briefcase & CD. They marketed the heck out of it. Still a 🔥 *** shoe to this day, imo. Retail was what $180? IIRC.

I've seen DS examples going for North of $1,300 on eBay. Wish I got them back when I was heavy into Jordan's. These & the Carolina 17's are sick. I have the CDP 17's which are nice but not anywhere close to this colorway.

Today in sneaker history: The Air Jordan XVII College Blue made it’s debut on February 9, 2002.

1675966974998.jpeg

I was a sophomore in HS when these dropped. We were up against a rival bball team at the time. The winner of the game determined the league champs and guaranteed a trip to the state playoffs.

The best player on the other team came out of the locker room for warmups with that damn metal briefcase. Nobody knew what was in there. He proceeded to pull out that heat, laced em’ up, and then also proceeded to give us THAT WORK! They won the game, the league title, and a free ride to state. I swear it was the shoes.

Anyways, I’ll never forget that day. Love the shoes but it’s bittersweet.

I still remember this point in time. I was in the 8th grade & the hype behind this shoe was so out of this world. The colorway, the extras, the briefcase & CD. They marketed the heck out of it. Still a 🔥 *** shoe to this day, imo. Retail was what $180? IIRC.

I've seen DS examples going for North of $1,300 on eBay. Wish I got them back when I was heavy into Jordan's. These & the Carolina 17's are sick. I have the CDP 17's which are nice but not anywhere close to this colorway.
$200 retail fam. The extras, briefcase, & CD were nice touches. I feel like I would appreciate the extras even more this time around.
I was a sophomore in HS when these dropped. We were up against a rival bball team at the time. The winner of the game determined the league champs and guaranteed a trip to the state playoffs.

The best player on the other team came out of the locker room for warmups with that damn metal briefcase. Nobody knew what was in there. He proceeded to pull out that heat, laced em’ up, and then also proceeded to give us THAT WORK! They won the game, the league title, and a free ride to state. I swear it was the shoes.

Anyways, I’ll never forget that day. Love the shoes but it’s bittersweet.
It definitely was the shoes. I feel like the designers had that slogan in mind when they designed that fire briefcase 🔥

$200 retail fam. The extras, briefcase, & CD were nice touches. I feel like I would appreciate the extras even more this time around.

It definitely was the shoes. I feel like the designers had that slogan in mind when they designed that fire briefcase 🔥
To think we thought $200 was A LOT of $ for sneakers back in 2002. I'm not into Jordan's like I once was but fast forward 2 decades...regular retail is now about $180-$210 on a new pair of Jordan's, right? Way more for Yeezys I'm sure. Insane!

Back
Top Bottom