the thread about nothing...

IMG_4571.jpeg

Corporations are ruthless 🤣. So for the last week we've been doing a pretty big furniture install job at a nursing home, basically replacing all of their furniture on the property. Its supposed to wrap up this week but as always we hit delays, and me and a coworker are out since yesterday with covid that we undoubtedly got working at this nursing home. We both get hit on the group text I suppose as some form of peer pressure to come into work tomorrow. Saying they can have us work in areas with limited contact with others... impossible.

One im still sick, two elderly are some of the most susceptible to this virus what i look like knowingly going into a place where i have to acknowledge im not sick or have been in contact with covid via a signature and picture before i can enter and three risk getting all these old people and the rest of our workforce sick to save 3 days 🤦🏾‍♂️

Corporations are ruthless 🤣. So for the last week we've been doing a pretty big furniture install job at a nursing home, basically replacing all of their furniture on the property. Its supposed to wrap up this week but as always we hit delays, and me and a coworker are out since yesterday with covid that we undoubtedly got working at this nursing home. We both get hit on the group text I suppose as some form of peer pressure to come into work tomorrow. Saying they can have us work in areas with limited contact with others... impossible.

One im still sick, two elderly are some of the most susceptible to this virus what i look like knowingly going into a place where i have to acknowledge im not sick or have been in contact with covid via a signature and picture before i can enter and three risk getting all these old people and the rest of our workforce sick to save 3 days 🤦🏾‍♂️
Screenshot_20231010-213720_Chrome.jpg

Crazy...did work this summer for an assisted living facility through my company. They were on our *** about staying on schedule, so I fully get this.

**** them though...should have built in contingencies...

Good in you for thinking beyond yourself.

Crazy...did work this summer for an assisted living facility through my company. They were on our *** about staying on schedule, so I fully get this.

**** them though...should have built in contingencies...

Good in you for thinking beyond yourself.
Yeah man it was actually a cool little job made me feel good doing it for the people that live there. Some are in small little hospital type rooms, some with more autonomy are in little bunglaows throughout the property. But all that are capable are getting to decorate as they wish with the different items that we offered. Gave them a little freedom.

We're working basically one on one with these people setting up their rooms, but its home to them. So I was taking extra care to go above and beyond once im gone who knows if and when a maintenance guy will come in and move Mr Jones fridge 6 feet to the right for him so it's closer to the counter even though that was wasnt my job. Things like that. Some would tell me a story about why they picked a desk because it reminded them of something in their childhood or just being happy they have someone talking to them.

It was dope but im not going back, I cant be bringing anything back to my family again and I cant go in there knowingly sick and putting those who arent yet at more risk

Did her newfound fame translate into dollars? I see she quit her job :lol:

It was somewhat getting there. Then, folks just moved onto the next one. I followed her on Twitter and IG. I recall dudes wanted her neck after she started an OF. Heard she was charging grip, just for content that she was basically already posting on Twitter and the Gram. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom