the thread about nothing...

Here's my basic understanding of what went down: The generation that birthed the Baby Boomers suffered like hell. Depression, World War II; they shouldered that ****. So when the US was growing more successful following WWII, they didn't want their children to suffer. And their kids loved this. They lived in relative safety, had a clear boogeyman to fear in the USSR and ideology to love in the US of A. They got opportunities, whether to get jobs straight out of high school, or go to college, or travel the world, or whatever. Not everyone got this, of course, since we still did have poor souls shipped out to Vietnam. But white suburbanites? **** was pretty damn cash. They got awesome music, got to experiment with drugs, and then got jobs alongside their hardworking, nose-to-the-grindstone parents of the "Greatest Generation". And as those parents retired and died, we were left with a overwhelming number of coddled, spoiled children running the show. And the problem with that is that they haven't grown up. They didn't understand the hardships that drove their parents decisions. So they made decisions that didn't aim to avoid those hardships, which has saddled us with debt, terrible regulations of tons of industries, and a number of unwanted and unwinnable wars (Iraq, Afghanistan, Drugs), which has led to Gen Xers and Millenials getting the short end of the stick, and being generally bitter about it. Even a cursory glance at what we call the generations even gives some insight into the Boomers' thoughts toward their children compared to their parents. "Greatest Generation" vs. "Generation X". Past vs. future, and the future gets humped
the whole thread on reddit is such an eye-opener...
it grinds my gears when the moms say, "I payed for my own car, college, and house from just working a summer job. Why can't you do it too?"

uh.... tuition isn't 400$ anymore
Link to that reddit thread?
Spoiler test... lol
test test(es)
Oh, and is that first post on the 1000th page for this thread still gets a prize?!?!

Clicked preview, spoilers work!!!!
all you have to do is....
[spo*iler](type whatever you want...)[/spo*iler]
just remove the *s and keep the brackets!
Win!
I'm using the rich text editor and it doesn't work for me.

Here's the other thing with the baby boomers; They are the most socially divided generation in our history. Hawks and Doves and all that. The green nuts won't let us build new coal fired plants (one example) (last one was built in the late '70s) because they are dirty, and somehow skip the fact that technology has advanced a little in the last 4 decades, and therefore a new coal fired plant would be much cleaner than the dumps we currently use. And the other end of the spectrum, we have ******** telling us investing in "green tech" is a waste of money.
They can't get out of their own way. Honestly, I'm 28. I give a **** less about gays getting married and abortion. Make it legal. Doesn't affect me. Let's worry about EVERY******GTHING else. Jobs. Economy. Environment. International Relations. Darfur. ******g starving children in our ******g country. But no, these sad sack baby boomers still push those hot button issues and get riled up over **** that doesn't matter/
But I'm not. I have reddit and .[/SPOILER]Facebook. Thanks for coming

am i the only one that likes the new NT? It has grown on me since i started using it for a bit. Only complaint is my eyes are hurting after being on here.

Not so much "need" but I haven't spoiled myself in a while.
Only got one tv in my apartment, none in the bedroom...and I just gave my hp touchpad to my nephew so my phone is the only access I got to the interwebz

I'd go just get the MBP... Another TV isn't necessarily better.

I [COLOR=#red]just[/COLOR] learned how to type [COLOR=#red]in[/COLOR] color. lol

I [COLOR=#red]c[/COLOR] what yew did thar

Too bad we can't put it in sigs.

I'm really glad that I can actually view all of my old posts now. Might've just spent 45 minutes looking through old stuff I said and laughing at classic threads.

I first hated the new NT...thought it was too complicated. Played around a bit and I actually like it except my sig isn't in purple -__-

how are you guys making your sigs though
u used to be sleazejaromens?

what happened to ur account?
banned for hinting at sharing illicit photos via PM. don't ask for PMs, ever. saying things like Prime Material also will not work :lol:

Last edited:
I'm feeling the new look for NT. You'll find it's a lot better than before once you get the hang of it. It's a lot easier to jump from forum to forum. Just need the emoticons and colored sigs back back. Wish all the missing pages from threads would come back, oh well.

NT getting a little buggy.

Earlier it kept redirecting to sneakertalk with a blank page. Then it successfully redirected to sneakertalk. Now its back to NT.

Honestly, I'm really starting to like this new site. It's like the old NT just got a much needed upgrade. ST is a joke though :lol:

There are some suspect / immature dudes on here :smh: like honestly if the first thing you post on that old NT website is a ****, something is wrong with you :smh:

Are the emoticons/smilies gone now? Can't seem to find them. Otherwise, I'm diggin the much needed upgrade.

Last edited:
NT Tapatalk FTW!!

The new format is hard to get through when you're on the phone as it was much easier on the old format.

Back
Top Bottom