the thread about nothing...

I made it to the final round of interviews for oracle and on the second last round for wells Fargo. I know I can do this I just have to calm down and not panic when talking on the phone. Im giving better answers now that I have done a few talks on the phone but I still get anxious. I prefer to talk in real life

I've been wondering this, is discussing your personal finances with your friends and vice versa considered a bit of a taboo in America? How much they earn per month, how much is in their bank account, ...

I've been wondering this, is discussing your personal finances with your friends and vice versa considered a bit of a taboo in America? How much they earn per month, how much is in their bank account, ...
It is taboo to most people in America and I never really understood why. But revealing how much your net worth is or how much is in your bank much be a bit too personal though.

It is taboo to most people in America and I never really understood why. But revealing how much your net worth is or how much is in your bank much be a bit too personal though.
It's a very casual topic here. I know exactly how much my closest friends earn per month and have a general idea of what's in their bank account, same goes vice versa.
In a discussion with 2 close friends the other day, one of them was talking about his search for a home to buy. We discussed how much savings he had, how much money his girl had to contribute to a potential down payment, how much money his girlfriend's parents were willing to contribute, ...

Whenever someone gets a new job or is looking for a new job, one of the first questions is always how much they'd earn per month or what amount they would request in the negotiations for a new job.

Discussing finances is still a bit of a taboo amongst people in their 50s and definitely in the 60+ age group but it's perfectly normal for my generation. Discussing personal finances isn't necessarily restricted to just your closest friends either, especially how much you earn.

You generally don't just disclose your finances unprompted and outside a relevant financial discussion of course, that makes you look some type of way.

Last edited:
DearestOrneryEasternglasslizard-size_restricted.gif

Mom-in-law has her in depth appointment today to determine whether or not the growth in her breast is cancerous or not. We tried to cheer her up last night but could tell it was on her mind.

Need your TAN powers to hear some good news today. Thanks all.

It's a very casual topic here. I know exactly how much my closest friends earn per month and have a general idea of what's in their bank account, same goes vice versa.
In a discussion with 2 close friends the other day, one of them was talking about his search for a home to buy. We discussed how much savings he had, how much money his girl had to contribute to a potential down payment, how much money his girlfriend's parents were willing to contribute, ...

Whenever someone gets a new job or is looking for a new job, one of the first questions is always how much they'd earn per month or what amount they would request in the negotiations for a new job.

Discussing finances is still a bit of a taboo amongst people in their 50s and definitely in the 60+ age group but it's perfectly normal for my generation. Discussing personal finances isn't necessarily restricted to just your closest friends either, especially how much you earn.

You generally don't just disclose your finances unprompted and outside a relevant financial discussion of course, that makes you look some type of way.

I think it just depends who you’re talking to. I have no problem telling 1 or 2 of my closest friends and if I asked they’d tell me too

Back
Top Bottom