the thread about nothing...

Took Uber and the driver was very friendly, down to earth. Then he brought up the idea of referring me to be a driver. I responded saying I barely like driving myself. His tone changed and he pretty much stopped talking to me after that. :lol:

Mom-in-law has her in depth appointment today to determine whether or not the growth in her breast is cancerous or not. We tried to cheer her up last night but could tell it was on her mind.

Need your TAN powers to hear some good news today. Thanks all.

giphy.gif

Took Uber and the driver was very friendly, down to earth. Then he brought up the idea of referring me to be a driver. I responded saying I barely like driving myself. His tone changed and he pretty much stopped talking to me after that. :lol:
He’s trying to get that referral bonus? Haha

Mom-in-law has her in depth appointment today to determine whether or not the growth in her breast is cancerous or not. We tried to cheer her up last night but could tell it was on her mind.

Need your TAN powers to hear some good news today. Thanks all.
4A290889-BDCA-44D1-BDAF-A69CC5D3AAC6.gif

Everything will be alright. Hope she will be fine.

Man I remember when I was in an Uber in New York and this dude kept speaking Italian to me and asking me if I was Italian.

I’m Korean :stoneface:
One time I was waiting for my Uber ride outside a store and the app indicated my driver was about 10 minutes away. A female driver approached me and asked me "Are you Nathan?". I answer "No". She circled around the strip mall area and came back to ask me again "Are you sure you're not Nathan?". I answered "that's not me". Then I saw an older gentleman on his phone appearing to be waiting for someone, so I asked him if he is Nathan and that I saw a driver who might be looking for him. Turns out he wasn't Nathan either.

Only reason. This goes to show that people really DGAF about you or being polite other than for their own benefit.
I’ve always been saying...Don’t trust anyone. Esp if they’re nice for no reason. I mean of course there’s nice people but I rather keep my guard up. Good chance majority of the time they’re seeking something for their own benefit.

Never had a McRib before and I'm craving one.
Meh had one about 10 years ago, it was okay. My housemate was nice enough to go out of his way to drive me and a couple guys to go try it.
I actually like the McRibs. SoCal seem to have them a couple times a year. I think I like them more because of nostalgia feelings. When I was a lot younger before teen years and no one was home, 7-eleven had something similar and I would go to get it.

Reactions: Ube
Man I remember when I was in an Uber in New York and this dude kept speaking Italian to me and asking me if I was Italian.

I’m Korean :stoneface:
You never know LOL. I’m Asian. ..my parents are both from China and they speak fluent Spanish. Parents used to own a store in SF, tourists from Italy would come and my dad understood them. He said it’s not too far off from Spanish.

There’s actually a small group of Asian in Alameda, CA that’s from Panama or Southern America region when I was in high school. Not sure now though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye what the **** is a McRib? Seriously, what is that...patty? You ever had ribs before? That ain’t it. That’s a pork slop sandwich. **** a mockery. :smh: It taste like it too.

Back
Top Bottom