the thread about nothing...

I just watched Trae Young highlights, never watched him before. He appears to better than Curry. I am not saying he will be as successful as Curry, the jury is still out. But he's more athletic, has high basketball iq and is a great passer.

projecting a player to be good because they play like Steph curry isn't a great bet. you're predicting all time great shooting. can't bank on that.

truth be told, curry (and klay and lillard) take extremely bad shots. very bad shots. you would not put on their tape and ask a grade/high school kid to replicate their game.

I truly wonder if the median skill level of player shooting will continue to rise and 26-30 foot shots 6 seconds into a shot clock will be considered a good shot to take, or will too many folks attempt these kinds of shots without the results to justify taking them which would bring the quality of the game even lower.

QFT

If you remember Trae in the NCAA tourney he would just hoist ridiculous 3s and brick a bunch. There is a thin line between Curry and Jimmer. You can be a good shooter but the real talent comes in deciding what shots to take that you can make at a high clip. Curry is a once in a generation shooter (IMO). Trae has the skills to be really good but he needs to keep working on his overall game. I like him a lot though and thought he was dogged a little going into the draft about his height and how he couldn't create his own shot. Glad he is flourishing

QuickReasonableGemsbuck-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom