the thread about nothing...

shot_24_tea_cooper_2930_wmweb.jpg

Bruh some sellers are delusional...

A lot are misinformed, thinks just because they see an item they're selling listed at a certain price (extremely high for no reason and been listed forever) that they can sell it for that same amount.

Recent example:

1.) Someone has a BUY IT NOW or best offer at $50. This item sells regularly at about $35-40. I make an offer for $35 which is a fair price, he gets insulted and counter offers with $50 (same buy it now price). I decline and message the dude, why even have a "or best offer" option if you're not going to sell it any less than your buy it now price? He says I'm a low baller and he knows what he has. Later that day someone was selling the same item for $25 buy it now in better condition. I buy it and im happy. Now the dude that said I low balled him and wouldn't take anything less than $50 is now messaging me and wanting to sell it to me at $35...I told that fool I already bought one for $25 and showed him my transaction lol. I even showed him other listings that listed after his that is below his buy it now price. Idiot.

2.) Someone has an item for $100 shipped. I message the seller that I'm a serious buyer and i'll offer $80. He says ok. He changes the $100 shipped to $80 and $20 shipping. Mind you this item was sitting for the longest so this was definitely a clown move. To this day, he still has that item sitting for sale and it's like at $75 shipped and still not moving.

To even further these clown's mentality, when I buy it for cheaper than my offer that was shot down by them, they have the nerve to message me sell mine and buy theirs so "we both win." wtf?
As far as buying and selling goes, there are also trolls out there that would harass sellers with no intention of buying but would rather lecture you on how you conduct your business.

As far as buying and selling goes, there are also trolls out there that would harass sellers with no intention of buying but would rather lecture you on how you conduct your business.
I had one troll on OfferUp message me 20 minutes after I installed the app and put up a pair of shoes for sale.....
“Man yo **** is wack”
“Take them ugly *** joints off this site”.

I just laughed.

Sometimes I wonder if there is something similar to Niketalk out there. By that I mean a bunch of 30-40y/o men who grew up using the site for specific product information and then transitioned to utilizing it for socializing purposes. While the site does that now, it still serves it’s product dialogue purposes as well.

Sneakers are mainstream which probably facilities the product side of keeping NT relevant, but for the social purposes I would guess that it’s a good portion of people who grew up with the site that keep it active.

Not to say it doesn’t exist but the only thing I could think of that could foster a comparable Niketalk type of situation would be products based around collectibles. When I thought about the community dynamics based around certain collectibles I couldn’t think of any that would create a long lasting forum to support the hobby.

What if there’s a website based on Beanie Babies and then there’s a general section of former Beanie Baby collectors arguing about tipping and if dominicans are black.

just a thought.

I hundred other websites for various different things. Ive been a member of Blu-Ray.com since the format was new, I own over a thousand BDs but there are bunches of collectors that have several thousand. They even hsve a thread for shoe collectors, which is how Davey Magoo Davey Magoo got here.

I hundred other websites for various different things. Ive been a member of Blu-Ray.com since the format was new, I own over a thousand BDs but there are bunches of collectors that have several thousand. They even hsve a thread for shoe collectors, which is how Davey Magoo Davey Magoo got here.

this is a very interesting topic...kind of reminds me of when blackplanet was up & running & how some of the people i was cool with on there, we migrated to twitter years ago & are still cool. kinda wild seeing people have kids, get married, even divorced.. all based off a subgenre of something you never thought would take you this far.

While I understand the hustle, I hate resellers at the same time. The greedy asf ones, let me be more specific. Bro I found a dude on eBay with some heat! He had around 8-12 pairs I’ve been looking for again, we’re both in the same city, so I’m like hey bro is it possible for me to get better pricing and pickup local and we do 2 pair at a time so you feel comfortable. Not only would he not offer local pickup still even with me saying meet at a police station 🤦🏾‍♂️, but he wouldn’t even budge with pricing.

Sh*t blew tf outta me. I don’t ever even type long as post like this but I had to vent 😂😩

Back
Top Bottom