the thread about nothing...

Sometimes I wonder if there is something similar to Niketalk out there. By that I mean a bunch of 30-40y/o men who grew up using the site for specific product information and then transitioned to utilizing it for socializing purposes. While the site does that now, it still serves it’s product dialogue purposes as well.

Sneakers are mainstream which probably facilities the product side of keeping NT relevant, but for the social purposes I would guess that it’s a good portion of people who grew up with the site that keep it active.

Not to say it doesn’t exist but the only thing I could think of that could foster a comparable Niketalk type of situation would be products based around collectibles. When I thought about the community dynamics based around certain collectibles I couldn’t think of any that would create a long lasting forum to support the hobby.

What if there’s a website based on Beanie Babies and then there’s a general section of former Beanie Baby collectors arguing about tipping and if dominicans are black.

just a thought.
Alot of car forums are like this. People buy other makes and still stick around

Sometimes I wonder if there is something similar to Niketalk out there. By that I mean a bunch of 30-40y/o men who grew up using the site for specific product information and then transitioned to utilizing it for socializing purposes. While the site does that now, it still serves it’s product dialogue purposes as well.

Sneakers are mainstream which probably facilities the product side of keeping NT relevant, but for the social purposes I would guess that it’s a good portion of people who grew up with the site that keep it active.

Not to say it doesn’t exist but the only thing I could think of that could foster a comparable Niketalk type of situation would be products based around collectibles. When I thought about the community dynamics based around certain collectibles I couldn’t think of any that would create a long lasting forum to support the hobby.

What if there’s a website based on Beanie Babies and then there’s a general section of former Beanie Baby collectors arguing about tipping and if dominicans are black.

just a thought.

people were talking about this in the music forum recently.

my use of NT is very far removed from when I found this place in HS 20 something years ago, I like the fact that a wide range of people still come here and talk about a equally wide variety in topics and discussion.

while the site is also very different I also appreciate that people still come here when nowadays things seem to be very centralized with social media use.

while my use of the site has slown down I don't see myself leaving, I think forums will always have a place as they should.
because the way people just cosume content nowadays with no discussion seems more desensitizing and isolating.

New scent alert 33200975281.jpg

Back
Top Bottom