the thread about nothing...

My sister said everyone went over the $200 limit for secret santa. Last year the limit was $400 and my sister popped up with a PS5 for me. I joked about giving me $400 cash and Id do the rest. This year, I didn’t even mention anything over $200, so I have no idea what Im getting.

EDIT: I bet its an Apple Watch. Thats what I asked for last year, Im the only one without one and Im notorious for coming home after work, throwing my phone on the bed and leaving it there for hours.

Dr. Who gets a new BLACK Doctor.......but keeps the old one, also??

Skeptical Black Kid So Youre Telling Me

Took a PTO day today. Went to the mall and a couple of other spots with the intent of supplementing some Xmas and birthday gifts I have coming soon.

God damn, does retail shopping suck or what? Employees are almost exclusively morons or children with no desire to be working and prices and selection are horrendous. Went with the intent to grab a few things for myself and others, ready to spend, and I couldn't give money away. Only exception was the LEGO store. They are doing something right with hiring, training, display, and stocking.

Spent 30 minutes in a JD Sports trying to buy a pair of shoes and gave up. They had more employees than customers and couldn't get my money when I handed them the shoe and asked them for a size.

Also, the quality of clothing in retail stores is 99.9% garbage, even brands that I like and usually enjoy. Everything is paper thin cotton or plastic/polyester that are seemingly just temporary holding for Marshall's/TJ Maxx/Ross/Nordstrom Rack. Maybe I'm just spoiled with the better Nike stuff, Filson, Parra, Naked and Famous, and the higher quality stuff I've been in over the last few years. Rant over.

Back
Top Bottom