THE THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING.

Ox.

formerly oxpenguin
I saw that NT needed a skateboarding thread, so i figured i make one.

feel free to post anything skateboard related. favorite shoes, graphics, pictures, skaters, parts/videos, stories, etc...

I'll start it off with the part that got me into skateboarding 13 years ago.

help out a fellow NT'er and like this page if you have a facebook!!!

https://www.facebook.com/NajiSaidAbdelilah

Last edited:
innnnn

does anyone else skate Jordans?

thread needs tutorials, maybe some trick of the day type stuff. definitely needs some Rodney Mullen gifs and vids :lol:

Last edited:
Cool thread.

I don't even have any Jordans. Ive been skating janoskis for the last two years. Haha pretty much my whole collection.

Im a 1999 beginner. Didn't get my own board til 2001 tho. Always liked skating but couldn't afford a set up. Aunt wasn't trying to spend $100 + on board. Plus being Black and from the hood, dudes wanted to beat u up cuz u were doing some "white boy" stuff. Lame.

Anyway, skateboarding and the culture is forever in my blood. I'm creeping on 30 and still skate 3-4 times a week.

These new dudes are something else, though. Amazing how Mariano and Koston keep up with the young bucks.

I will skateboard until the day I'm unable.

innnnn

does anyone else skate Jordans?

thread needs tutorials, maybe some trick of the day type stuff. definitely needs some Rodney Mullen gifs and vids
laugh.gif
some of the powell/bones brigade guys skated the 1's back in the late 80's, there's many lists where they have them as the all-time best skate shoe.

nike-Jordan-1-animal-chin-630x490.jpg

then jordan came out with the jordan flipsyde's back in 09 that were horrible 
laugh.gif

jordan-flipsyde-fall-2009.jpg

Same here been on and off skating sice I wad 14, just got a dew tour pro board a couple days ago and practiicimg at least twice a day. Whoa got a favorite skater? Mines is easily is theotis beasly and terry kennedy.

Cool thread.

I don't even have any Jordans. Ive been skating janoskis for the last two years. Haha pretty much my whole collection.

Im a 1999 beginner. Didn't get my own board til 2001 tho. Always liked skating but couldn't afford a set up. Aunt wasn't trying to spend $100 + on board. Plus being Black and from the hood, dudes wanted to beat u up cuz u were doing some "white boy" stuff. Lame.

Anyway, skateboarding and the culture is forever in my blood. I'm creeping on 30 and still skate 3-4 times a week.

These new dudes are something else, though. Amazing how Mariano and Koston keep up with the young bucks.

I will skateboard until the day I'm unable.
nthat.gif
 nice to see someone have the love for skateboarding like i do 
nthat.gif

good to see you skating still, i'm getting my diet and exercise in so i can keep pushing til i'm dead.

these young kids though are putting me to shame, if you knew a few switch tricks back in the day, you were known in your city but now what these youngsters are doing 
eek.gif

glad all the "older/90's-mid 00's" generation skaters are still ripping.

flipsydes :x :lol:

people are swearing by noskis. and I just found out you can iD them :smh: guess I'll be getting a pair.

flipsydes
sick.gif
laugh.gif

people are swearing by noskis. and I just found out you can iD them
mean.gif
guess I'll be getting a pair.
janoskis are really good but i prefer the the SB team edition 2's probably bc of cost 
laugh.gif

when reebok tried dabbling in skateboarding back around 04-06 or so.

reebok-workout-plus-stevie-williams.jpg
61073812_99b8fb92e9_z.jpg

i remember the shoes being good, it had a good style but too bad the other lines were garbage.

Around 2002 a friend of mine had a poster/magazine cutout on his wall with someone skating in white/silver Jordan XI lows

I wanna say is was Karl Watson or Benny Fairfax... but I really dont know.

He was wearing these:
View media item 558065

$5 paypal to anyone that can find the pic Im talking about.

Was he skating in SF by some pier? I think I know what you're talking about.

Here's my 3 top scenes from one of my favorite movies.

One dude I will always enjoy watching is Reynolds. He's getting older and older yet still putting these young bucks to shame. His kickflip at the end of his stay gold part though......

Around 2002 a friend of mine had a poster/magazine cutout on his wall with someone skating in white/silver Jordan XI lows

I wanna say is was Karl Watson or Benny Fairfax... but I really dont know.

He was wearing these:
View media item 558065

$5 paypal to anyone that can find the pic Im talking about.

Was he skating in SF by some pier? I think I know what you're talking about.

Sounds like it could be right... especially if it was KW, but I dont really remember the specifics.... the only reason it really sticks out in my memory was because I thought it was so crazy seeing someone skate in those shoes.

Yeah Right was such a dope vid :smokin
The same dude with poster Im talking about had me believing it was real...smh :lol: Took me forever to realize it was called "Yeah Right" because they were using chroma key ...Had me like with ups like that why isnt Rick Mcrank in the NBA

I thought I knew what picture was being discussed with the 11's but the picture I remember was someone in new york ollieing a bar but not sure if they were jordans.

That Owen Wilson part had me going for a few months :lol:
And torey killed in that part.
and that burnquist part almost had me in tears, if he and danny way ever do a video together :x

One dude I will always enjoy watching is Reynolds. He's getting older and older yet still putting these young bucks to shame. His kickflip at the end of his stay gold part though......
I'm trying to go to the Baker/Deathwish demo Saturday and get my Reynolds 3's signed.

IN

First vid I watched was Real to reel . My brother bought it when he was like 17 and i was 11-12. always LOVED the skateboarding culture but I suck :frown:

Gonz :pimp:

Just moved back to Raleigh. Anyone in the area trying to link up Im down to ride. Ive never really ventured outside of the dunk sb besides a couple pair of dekline and dvs that Ill have to research the names of though

one of my favorite up & comers.

hope he stays humble and stays on baker til the end but hope he leaves dc though.

also if you're in socal, this is going to be insane, thinking about going solo.

5c223bfc10db11e3993c1231390e49d1_7.jpg

Man I miss skateboarding. Got a whole setup hardly touched. Messed my knees up a bit too much when I was younger. Ah well.

Deathwish made the homie MOOSE pro today!!!

the one who nicknamed me penguin, the one whose fridge we use to raid after school in jr high bc he lived across the street, the one who took me with him to go skate everywhere, the one who hooked me up with fresh boards on the daily. haven't seen him since high school but man i'm so happy for him, he's real humble and one of the nicest people in the world 
nthat.gif

9f07b912129b11e3b1ed22000ae801e7_6.jpg

real tears were shed by me 
laugh.gif

wish i could have made it to be there in person.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom