the thread about TWOs

I dunno why all this talk about KD's and Lebrons and yall leaving out the Foamposite which are CLEARLY a better shoe all the way around. Nearly All the basic colorways and solid colorways of the Foamposites have been dope. As for recently its been a lil shaky with the colorways but both Supremes were SUPER dope IMO and the next 3-4 Foamposites are all gonna be dope. All the Foamposites gotta do is just try to keep it relatively simple and dont get too wild like they did with the Safaris and Asteroids(which i own and love) but the Solar Red(Yeezys) Foams, Shooting Stars, and even the Concord Foamposites are all MUST cops to meand are all SUPER dope like the Supremes. Foamposites been kickin *** for 15+ years. Hell thats even what the great Jesus Shuttlesworth wore.

Retro+ = non-OG colorway. Retro = shoe that came out years ago that is being brough back, regardless of color.
I know exactly what the differences are between a retro, retro+, and an OG cw retro in terms of JB anyway. I was tryin to help someone else out. Aint even really no point in even havin that discussion right now its not even relevant.

Today is the day I get called for my pair of them Infrared 23 Retro 2's :smile: it looked like a general release on eacb release locator and everywhere I look I'm seeing people not liking them so I'm expecting at least one call out of the two raffle tickets I put but hopefully I don't jynx it and get no calls :smh: in regards to the discussion about other Nike Signature Player shoe's, I'm leaning towards that way as well. I'm still going to cop the Jordan's I love regardless if it's an OG colorway or Retro+ colorway, but I'm also gonna switch it up and get more into Nike SB's, certain current and older KD's, Kobe's, LeBron's (not feeling the 11's) and so on. As long as I stay true to myself and don't get the Aunt Pearls or anything I know I won't wear just because it's extremely hyped up like a lot of people do.

Edit: I forgot to mention AF1's, I may be a minority with my taste, but I need to add more AF1's into my collection. The colorway's look good, they aren't very expensive, and they can be used as beaters. I remember Fat Joe or someone saying they had a bunch of all white AF1's as am every day shoe because of how simple it is and it goes with everything and it doesn't really hurt to replace them if you mess them up and have a decent collection or money to get another pair right away.

Last edited:
No. A retro+ is a new or non original colorway. The baron ix would be a retro+ as well as the laney v. Neither were original releases. We are in a time now where retros of retro+ jordans are occurring however.

You can tell who has been collecting for a while :nerd:

obviously it's not---I don't see a resounding number of people agreeing with you. So I'mma say....

yea, no. Def not "obvious." Now, it may be your OPINION, but very far from obvious. Extremely even. I mean if you talkin' bout STRICTLY OGs then yea..... but these new Retro + CWs can go to hell in a hand basket.

The Infrared III's were nice

As are the XIV's and blue III's

I understand why us older heads are in to OG colorways, but I don't understand why some of you have a connection to colorways that you didn't grow up on or see Mike do _____ in them.

Last edited:
got a sneak preview from a local champs the other day and i will have to say im really not impressed by these..i guess it's just im not a huge infrared fan

yes, a lot of this is true. there are more bad retro+ than good. there are a lot of Frankenstein crap shoes. the quality has gone down. but you can CERTAINLY ball In retro jordans.... frankly I laugh at people who complain like crazy and say you can't. you definitely can just as well as any 200 dollar nike. as for the black/red thing, I would rather wear a bulls cw Jordan everyday for the rest of my life than wear a flower print 200 dollar hypebeast shoe once. or some fruity pebble baby stuff. idk lebrons, kobes, and kd's and now even drose shoes seem like they have IMMATURE looking colorways almost every time. But if you want to be hip and rock the highlighter oranges and yellows on your feet in your 20s and 30s, by all means go for it. As far as I'm concerned that stuff is ok for like highschool ballers/students who are still very young and growing up but some clown in his 20s thinking he's killing it in the latest "fruity pebbels jawns" needs to wake up and realize he ain't tight :lol: . just my opinion ofc but damn every shoe does not need a theme to be nice. so many ppl out here hyping **** up that we get the "championship pack" with glow in the dark cigar and champagne shoes, fruity pebbles lebrons, flowers, ugly sweater, I mean the list goes on. I fail to see how any of that sht is cool on it's own people only get obsessed with it because it's on a limited shoe that they like. it's so random and corny imho.

You do have some valid points. Im 25 and some of the colorways are a little too bright for my tastes. As for the aunt pearls i wont call them a hype beast shoe. Its a shoe with a nice meaning and an ill shoe for the summer time. As far as balling in jays they dont seem as sturdy as other nike basketball shoes. After heavy use they always start to hurt my feet. And yea some kds and bron are made for the beasts but in ny you dont see many people rocking them and thats what i like

Lol i dunno why everybody keeps calling all these new colorway Js a retro+. It can't be a retro+ if its a colorway that has never been seen before. We havent had any REAL Retro+ since the Laneys since they originally dropped as just a RETRO in 2000. Plus why type a + sign forn o reason

Lol i dunno why everybody keeps calling all these new colorway Js a retro+. It can't be a retro+ if its a colorway that has never been seen before. We havent had any REAL Retro+ since the Laneys since they originally dropped as just a RETRO in 2000. Plus why type a + sign forn o reason

That's what a retro+ is

Once again a JBretro+ is a non og colorway that is being re retroed. A Retro JB is brand new colorway. Baron 1s and 9s, infra 3, pb3, vg10, cg10 all are just RETROS. Sorry Magic1978 but ur wrong on this one buddy.

Last edited:
Once again a retro+ is a non og colorway that is being re retroed. A Retro is brand new colorway. Baron 1s and 9s, infra 3, pb3, vg10, cg10 all are just RETROS. Sorry Magic1978 but ur wrong on this one buddy.

Fall back kid

Read and learn

No. A retro+ is a new or non original colorway. The baron ix would be a retro+ as well as the laney v. Neither were original releases. We are in a time now where retros of retro+ jordans are occurring however.

For example black and chrome VIII's had retro+ on the box, meaning it wasn't an OG colorway.

:smh:

Back when they first were retroing models(late 90's-early 00's) they did use the "+" for any non original color. That includes the "Laney" 5, white/navy/Columbia 4, etc...I think they did away with that now, as far as labeling it that way on the box.
Agreed. Repped

Last edited:
As for retro+, can anyone explain this especially on an OG colorway. I always knew that Retro+ is on non - OG colorways, but why on this? This always boggles me. I think that the 2000's said deep infrared as opposed to infrared.

View media item 911373

As for retro+, can anyone explain this especially on an OG colorway. I always knew that Retro+ is on non - OG colorways, but why on this? This always boggles me. I think that the 2000's said deep infrared as opposed to infrared.
I think back then JB was going to release them with the mostly infra-red midsole as some catalogs showed them as and at last minute JB changed the colorblocking back to OG form and then we we're left with that infamous sample.

air-jordan-2-infrared-23-arriving-01-570x449.jpg

air-jordan-2-infrared-23-arriving-05-570x379.jpeg

air-jordan-2-infrared-23-arriving-02-570x379.jpeg

via-Wish ATL

Back
Top Bottom