the thread about TWOs

^correct

which is why his year in the league was always +1 to the AJ model pre retirement

2's for me just gotta be REALLY dope obivously OG colorways or something special otherwise i can't pay $170 for em. rather double up on something else

They still have that funky shape in the toe. I think I remember reading somewhere that years ago the mold was destroyed for these and so they had to start from scratch. They ought to go back to the drawing board.

they used that info to promote the 2004 white/black-red high retro

it may have been a kickz magazine interview - can't remember for sure

but yes, the og mold was destroyed, therefore nike used a new mold for the 1995 retro
but said a third mold was used for the 2004 version
and i do remember nike boasting that the 2004 was closer to the original than the 1995....which a lot of us at the time thought was pretty funny...
cause the 04 started the whole messed up toebox syndrome all 2's have suffered from since

i agree...they should go back to the drawing board & make them cut like the originals...
but then people would complain about toebox creasing (which i believe is the main reason jordans have the chunky toebox now)

Years ago I read that the original mold of the Air Jordan II was either lost or stolen.
When it came time for the first 1994 Retro release, Nike had to disassemble an original pair in an attempt to re-create it for the 1994 re-launch.
:nerd:
To me, the recent Air Python toebox is closer to the OG 2 than past retros.
But damn, I still love wearing my 2004s.

I remember reading that years back as well. The same was said about the AM Pillars, yet that they came out true to the OG. The 94s were pretty close to the OG. Mainly because it had no piping. Not sure how true the shape is of the 94s to the OGs, but look pretty true from pics I've seen.

to my knowledge - the first retro of the AJ2 released in 1995 not 1994

Retro 3 in summer 94, retro 1 beginning of 95, retro 2 mid 95

if anybody bought a pair of retro 2's at a retail location in 1994 - please chime in

Sneakerfiles has the release date as 94/95. So an exact date may not be known. I've most commonly seen 94 though.

funny you'd evidence a website & not first hand knowledge - & believe it over me
but ok
You seem bothered by that, why? And I didn't state I believed it over you. How can I when they don't even know, it just says 94/95? But when I've seen these listed on eBay, mainly on eBay store hittin-groove over the years, 94 was in the title. Never did I say it was fact.

You seem bothered by that, why? And I didn't state I believed it over you. How can I when they don't even know, it just says 94/95? But when I've seen these listed on eBay, mainly on eBay store hittin-groove over the years, 94 was in the title. Never did I say it was fact.

i am bothered
don't take it personally tho - it only took like 15 years for beasts to accept the AJ5 retros released in 2000 & not 1999

i guess because there were no official release dates back then - most just go off of the production dates on the tag
cause i've never heard anyone call a CDP retro a 2007 retro - ever - even tho some have 07 production dates - everyone knows the release date as they've been cataloged correctly

I saw both the 2 and WC-III in stores in 1994.
I bought the 3, and still have it.

and to your knowledge - when did the AJ1 become available?
i believe january 1995 but maybe they appeared in other places before that?

I was trying to think on that AJ1 before you asked and I can't recall, you got me questioning my memories haha.
But when I bought that 1994 WC-III it was in a Nike outlet and it was summer.
It had to be summer 1994, b/c I recall wearing them for varsity bball in late 94, early 95.

Just looked at an Eastbay catalog from February 1995 and they had "Limited Numbers for sale" in that AJ1. The 2 black/red and white/red.
But I believe they dropped in 1994, as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom