The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

its not available until sometime in november

you can sign up on timex's website to be notified once it's available

that's the one i am interested in because i dont care for the date, i actually prefer no date watches for the symmetry

How much is replacement crystal from RSC? Somehow my gf managed to get a nasty scratch on my GMT's crystal.

also, it's the nt in me that sometimes if i like something, got to get all them colorways :lol: and at an impulse purchase most of the time

so i ended up adding the two new marlins (yellow gold and rose gold, plated of course), i enjoy the silver enough

timex marlins golds.jpg

it helped that signing up for timex newsletter is suppose to give 15% off but when i applied it they gave me 20% and then the 4%-8% cashback via ebates... no tax and free shipping... that's how they get you :lol:

Really liking vintage datejust. How much would a ballpark figure be at the minimum to get one in decent shape ? I don’t know anything about them, and I know year and all that would come into play but would I be looking at 3k at least ? Going to Hong Kong in a few months so will definitely be checking out all the watch shops there. Really want to get my first “luxury” piece, so maybe it’ll Be a good time to pull the trigger

Really liking vintage datejust. How much would a ballpark figure be at the minimum to get one in decent shape ? I don’t know anything about them, and I know year and all that would come into play but would I be looking at 3k at least ? Going to Hong Kong in a few months so will definitely be checking out all the watch shops there. Really want to get my first “luxury” piece, so maybe it’ll Be a good time to pull the trigger
Hong Kong is Rolex Mecca. You’ll find nothing but grey dealers and AD. Watchrecon would be where you wanna start. Sometimes a seller will put a sub 3k DJ for sale. Alternatives would be a 6694 or a 1550 oyster date. You can find those sub $1.5k but they aren’t quickset. Amazing entry level Rolex

Is any Rolex really entry level.

Hong Kong is Rolex Mecca. You’ll find nothing but grey dealers and AD. Watchrecon would be where you wanna start. Sometimes a seller will put a sub 3k DJ for sale. Alternatives would be a 6694 or a 1550 oyster date. You can find those sub $1.5k but they aren’t quickset. Amazing entry level Rolex

Is any Rolex really entry level.

Air King, Oyster Perpetual, Milgauss

thanks for the info guys, really appreciate it. will do some research before my trip and maybe even pull the trigger while I'm out there.

looks good, really wish tudor would embrace smaller watches more, they made a black bay 32 and 36 but i'd love a pelagos in 36 or 38 too, they can even more the date if needed

i know watch snobs are gon' be pissed because it's not "suthentic" for desk diving but very, very small percentage of divers use these watch for actual diving anyways :lol:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/04/...one-actually-go-diving-with-a-dive-watch.html

First off, does any diver really need a dive watch?

Short answer, no. The electronic dive computer came into regular use in the late 1980s. You get on a dive boat now, nobody’s wearing a watch — well, maybe 10 percent are. There’s this secret fraternity out there. But it’s a dying breed.

grats on the tissot elgrenas

Back
Top Bottom