The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I recently picked up an inexpensive vintage piece. I love the look of the long sweeping hand.
AB813C05-BCFE-4569-B701-3D5A408F7A92.jpeg

After watching that John Mayer Talking Watches 2, i've been really really wanting that YG green daytona.

Thinking about parting with these two, I already have a 26331OR plus the 38mm on the way and a steel Daytona w/ black dial and an older YG daytona white dial on strap. My friend is telling me I need to thin out my collection and not have so much of the same stuff in diff colors, but when I find something I like I stick with it. So maybe another Daytona isn't the right watch to buy, but I haven't worn either of these in around a year or so. The slate TT daytona is an earlier 5 digit model. I might just pocket the cash if nothing really comes up.

IMG_3119.jpeg

After watching that John Mayer Talking Watches 2, i've been really really wanting that YG green daytona.

Thinking about parting with these two, I already have a 26331OR plus the 38mm on the way and a steel Daytona w/ black dial and an older YG daytona white dial on strap. My friend is telling me I need to thin out my collection and not have so much of the same stuff in diff colors, but when I find something I like I stick with it. So maybe another Daytona isn't the right watch to buy, but I haven't worn either of these in around a year or so. The slate TT daytona is an earlier 5 digit model. I might just pocket the cash if nothing really comes up.

IMG_3119.jpeg
Your dude is right ESPECIALLY if it’s for the sake of copping the YG green daytona.

Newest addition. I’ve had 5 of these over the years. Sleeper.
Sold the blnr simply because why not. It’s not that amazing.
Sold the 214270 but regret it. Hoping we get a white face for the 60th anniversary.

Best sub 2-2.5k watch

Attachments

• 6D4CF0BD-4A09-429E-B7C1-BC003869150B.jpeg
    6D4CF0BD-4A09-429E-B7C1-BC003869150B.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 51
Anyone tried Molequin straps or Jean Rousseau?

Let’s throw HODINKEE straps in there for good measure. By the looks of it, Jean Rousseau looks far and away the best constructed, and considering they are a textile/leather goods company, I shouldn’t be surprised.

Yeah I should have got one earlier. I don't know if i would've flipped I'm just in two minds about the colour combination. Sometimes I look at it and I love it, other days it looks meh. I guess I'm still holding out hope for the elusive coke.

General question....What's the best current GMT in the range? And do you think the jubilee suits the model more than the oyster?

And do you think the jubilee suits the model more than the oyster?

HELL NO! I hate the jubilee on any GMT.

I think I'll wait till pre owned Batman's with the jubilee start selling for the 7-8k range and just change the band.

Back
Top Bottom